PSASBR first week US sales - sells less than 60% of what Twisted Metal did

#11NewMoonShadowPosted 11/29/2012 10:25:54 PM(edited)
Considering Twisted Metal got a full-sized tricked-out replica of Sweet Tooth's truck and a Sweet Tooth impersonator for its big E3 reveal, it seems pretty obvious they had higher expectations for Twisted Metal sales than they did for this game's.

Also Twisted Metal is a classic franchise that played on nostalgia, while this game... isn't either of those things.

Honestly, do you have anything to compare this game to that isn't a sequel?
#12LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:25:14 PM
VisualPendulum posted...
So that's what Sony is satisfied with. If I remember correctly, Seth said on a PS blog that there would be more DLC after Kat and Emmett if things went well. If Sony got what they expected, I don't see why more DLC would be out of the question.

The game did not sell 130K. Even according to that source that's not including the 80K preorders.

It sold 210K with preorders and that's not including digital downloads and European sales.

But VGchartz is rarely accurate anway but if they are, it only means this game sold very well for how little it was advertised.

Source?
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#13PielordXPosted 11/29/2012 10:25:26 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
PielordX posted...
Who here likes pancakes?

Got some butter?

Do I have butter... Of course I have butter!
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#14ManuKesnaPosted 11/29/2012 10:27:48 PM
already posted, old
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#15Lexmark1989Posted 11/29/2012 10:31:08 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
VisualPendulum posted...
So that's what Sony is satisfied with. If I remember correctly, Seth said on a PS blog that there would be more DLC after Kat and Emmett if things went well. If Sony got what they expected, I don't see why more DLC would be out of the question.

The game did not sell 130K. Even according to that source that's not including the 80K preorders.

It sold 210K with preorders and that's not including digital downloads and European sales.

But VGchartz is rarely accurate anway but if they are, it only means this game sold very well for how little it was advertised.

Source?

VGchartz isn't accurate If you want the source google whats the problem with VGchartz to see how that site operates.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#16blaze19_0XPosted 11/29/2012 10:32:26 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
VisualPendulum posted...

Source?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/US-PSASBR-sales-have-been-revealed/td-p/38952533

But again wait for a reliable source like NPD.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#17NightMareBunnyPosted 11/29/2012 10:38:55 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Considering Twisted Metal got a full-sized tricked-out replica of Sweet Tooth's truck and a Sweet Tooth impersonator for its big E3 reveal, it seems pretty obvious they had higher expectations for Twisted Metal sales than they did for this game's.

Also Twisted Metal is a classic franchise that played on nostalgia, while this game... isn't either of those things.

Honestly, do you have anything to compare this game to that isn't a sequel?

if they had high expectations for it then why did they refuse to air commercials for it?
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#18Joey2coolPosted 11/29/2012 10:41:53 PM
TM is a well-established franchise.

And Sony has always been bad with marketing.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
Dart for PSASBR -- # of people who agree: 1,061,384
#19T_l_M_B_0Posted 11/29/2012 10:47:46 PM
Not to mention, this isn't counting all the sales from the PSN store, which I'm sure was at least a decent amount.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#20GastroidPosted 11/29/2012 11:07:44 PM
Dear lord that's a lot of Kinect Adventures sales.
---
Omnoid
Omni-variant Android