PSASBR first week US sales - sells less than 60% of what Twisted Metal did

#21Q_BlahPosted 11/29/2012 11:16:47 PM
Hopefully through time the sales will increase more as the game reaches out more to the public. I brought this game to school to play in the gameroom and got many of my friends hooked. I'm trying to support this game and introduce it to others out there. I do have a few friends who are hardcore Tekken/UMVC3/SF gamers that do not care about this game at all and choose not to play.
---
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png
#22sinncrossPosted 11/29/2012 11:55:58 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
You even missed the fact that someone already posted vgchartz sales before you. Man you also lack the ability to read as well.

I think some perspective is important. The game did worse than TM. TM!

So an established IP did better than a new one

the horror... the horror!
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#23NightMareBunnyPosted 11/30/2012 12:01:40 AM
Joey2cool posted...
TM is a well-established franchise.

And Sony has always been bad with marketing.

but the last console twisted metal before TM(2012)was Twisted Metal Black that's enough time to forget the series even exists...
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#24LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:02:05 AM
You even missed the fact that someone already posted vgchartz sales before you. Man you also lack the ability to read as well.

So an established IP did better than a new one

the horror... the horror!

Yes, the established IP that flopped did much better than this game that received a massive marketing push.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#25LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:08:31 AM
VisualPendulum posted...
So that's what Sony is satisfied with. If I remember correctly, Seth said on a PS blog that there would be more DLC after Kat and Emmett if things went well. If Sony got what they expected, I don't see why more DLC would be out of the question.

The game did not sell 130K. Even according to that source that's not including the 80K preorders.

It sold 210K with preorders and that's not including digital downloads and European sales.

But VGchartz is rarely accurate anway but if they are, it only means this game sold very well for how little it was advertised.

Source?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/US-PSASBR-sales-have-been-revealed/td-p/38952533

But again wait for a reliable source like NPD.

How do you know that the preorder numbers weren't included in the 130k?
---
#26Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 12:19:40 AM
Also, a good example of vgchartz under-reporting something is the TTT 2 sales. Vgchartz is still reporting TTT2 as only selling 450,000 worldwide.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Tekken+tag+tournament+2

However, when Namco released their latest financial reports, TTT2 had sold 840,000 copies in only Japan and Europe - they weren't even factoring NA in, and they were more than double what vgchartz is reporting.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/02/namco-bandai-profits-grow-tekken-tag-tournament-2-sales-strong/

The combination of having no way of tracking digital sales plus a few other odd things about vgchartz means they tend to under-track a lot of games. When you consider that TTT2 has assuredly sold more than a million copies by now, the fact that the site still reports it as 450,000k globally is just silly.

So If TTT2 sales were reported by vgcharts as not even half of what the game even sold, who's to say they did an accurate job of reporting for PSASBR?

And honestly, you can try to make people feel bad about sales as much as you want, but as long as Sony's happy it really doesn't matter. If they're pleased with the game and its performance, then it'll be supported with DLC, a sequel, etc.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#27LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:31:46 AM
So If TTT2 sales were reported by vgcharts as not even half of what the game even sold, who's to say they did an accurate job of reporting for PSASBR?

And honestly, you can try to make people feel bad about sales as much as you want, but as long as Sony's happy it really doesn't matter. If they're pleased with the game and its performance, then it'll be supported with DLC, a sequel, etc.

That one example is the only thing that people can come up with. In general they've been pretty close to actual numbers. That and all other indicators point to this game flopping so no amount of DC will change that.
---
#28ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/30/2012 1:34:50 AM
Ahh yes, VGchartz. I remember when they said UmvC3 sold less than 30,000 copies
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#29MrTacoPosted 11/30/2012 1:43:10 AM

So you're comparing PSASBR, a brand new game from a brand new developer, to a well-established, reputable and highly regarded PlayStation franchise? Doesn't matter that the latest TM game was somewhat of a dud, it's still comparing a series that's been around since the PSX, and a relative rookie in the gaming world.

By these standards, PSASBR sold and did well. That's all I'm saying.
#30IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/30/2012 1:44:46 AM

That one example is the only thing that people can come up with. In general they've been pretty close to actual numbers. That and all other indicators point to this game flopping so no amount of DC will change that.

Jesus christ dude, no they're not. You can go to the UK specific chart and see for yourself. CoD didn't sell 87% less than the week prior, Family Guy didn't even place, and PSASBR wasn't even on the top 40. Somehow, the numbers you relied on 100% in your last argument are completely junk, meaning you were wrong then, or those numbers were accurate and these numbers are junk, meaning you're wrong now.

You are seriously and utterly pathetic. This website has never been credible and has completely inaccurate numbers for the vast majority of all of its statistics, including completely unfinished numbers from this past week. There aren't even global tallies on the site. Which is strange, considering all they'd have to do is plug in the numbers they already "have" and just put a plus sign in between them.

They're estimates. And they're low estimates, at that. Sony even just announced breaking the 70 million mark on consoles sold as of last month. Yet, apparently, according to this magical website, they haven't. They also sold 525k ps3s last week, except this site says they didn't.

These numbers are trash. The sales were higher than this. It's pretty flipping obvious, and you're too much of a denialist to give up the ****ing ghost. Get off it. You're just a little miserable brat, crying because people like something you don't. It's pathetic. It's truly pathetic. You're literally just a joke.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic