PSASBR first week US sales - sells less than 60% of what Twisted Metal did

#31Pink_a_DinkPosted 11/30/2012 1:47:04 AM
Someone here mentioned pancakes earlier, am I too late for that? :O
#32ConradimusPrimePosted 11/30/2012 1:47:45 AM
Hey, let's all band together and help Lumi find a new hobby!
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#33PhoenixAssassinPosted 11/30/2012 1:48:29 AM
this game sold pretty heavily digitally though PSN. it was available day 1 at midnight (and since I dont think any stores would do a midnight launch for this game that was the earliest way to get it)

sales numbers never reflect digital versions
---
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak
#34LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:50:14 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
You even missed the fact that someone already posted vgchartz sales before you. Man you also lack the ability to read as well.

I think some perspective is important. The game did worse than TM. TM!

So you're comparing PSASBR, a brand new game from a brand new developer, to a well-established, reputable and highly regarded PlayStation franchise? Doesn't matter that the latest TM game was somewhat of a dud, it's still comparing a series that's been around since the PSX, and a relative rookie in the gaming world.

By these standards, PSASBR sold and did well. That's all I'm saying.

That doesn't stop PSASBR from receiving a massive marketing push. Nor does it change the fact that this game sort of failed critically. Plus, let's not forget LBP. New IP and new studio.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#35LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:50:31 AM
this game sold pretty heavily digitally though PSN. it was available day 1 at midnight (and since I dont think any stores would do a midnight launch for this game that was the earliest way to get it)

sales numbers never reflect digital versions

Really? How do you know it sold pretty heavily?
---
#36Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 1:52:16 AM
IHeartJessAlba posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
So If TTT2 sales were reported by vgcharts as not even half of what the game even sold, who's to say they did an accurate job of reporting for PSASBR?

And honestly, you can try to make people feel bad about sales as much as you want, but as long as Sony's happy it really doesn't matter. If they're pleased with the game and its performance, then it'll be supported with DLC, a sequel, etc.

That one example is the only thing that people can come up with. In general they've been pretty close to actual numbers. That and all other indicators point to this game flopping so no amount of DC will change that.

Jesus christ dude, no they're not. You can go to the UK specific chart and see for yourself. CoD didn't sell 87% less than the week prior, Family Guy didn't even place, and PSASBR wasn't even on the top 40. Somehow, the numbers you relied on 100% in your last argument are completely junk, meaning you were wrong then, or those numbers were accurate and these numbers are junk, meaning you're wrong now.

You are seriously and utterly pathetic. This website has never been credible and has completely inaccurate numbers for the vast majority of all of its statistics, including completely unfinished numbers from this past week. There aren't even global tallies on the site. Which is strange, considering all they'd have to do is plug in the numbers they already "have" and just put a plus sign in between them.

They're estimates. And they're low estimates, at that. Sony even just announced breaking the 70 million mark on consoles sold as of last month. Yet, apparently, according to this magical website, they haven't. They also sold 525k ps3s last week, except this site says they didn't.

These numbers are trash. The sales were higher than this. It's pretty flipping obvious, and you're too much of a denialist to give up the ****ing ghost. Get off it. You're just a little miserable brat, crying because people like something you don't. It's pathetic. It's truly pathetic. You're literally just a joke.

Wow! I was gonna respond to Lumi, but I feel like there's no need. That was pretty much perfect. : D
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#37LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:56:43 AM
Jesus christ dude, no they're not. You can go to the UK specific chart and see for yourself. CoD didn't sell 87% less than the week prior, Family Guy didn't even place, and PSASBR wasn't even on the top 40. Somehow, the numbers you relied on 100% in your last argument are completely junk, meaning you were wrong then, or those numbers were accurate and these numbers are junk, meaning you're wrong now.

You are seriously and utterly pathetic. This website has never been credible and has completely inaccurate numbers for the vast majority of all of its statistics, including completely unfinished numbers from this past week. There aren't even global tallies on the site. Which is strange, considering all they'd have to do is plug in the numbers they already "have" and just put a plus sign in between them.

They're estimates. And they're low estimates, at that. Sony even just announced breaking the 70 million mark on consoles sold as of last month. Yet, apparently, according to this magical website, they haven't. They also sold 525k ps3s last week, except this site says they didn't.

These numbers are trash. The sales were higher than this. It's pretty flipping obvious, and you're too much of a denialist to give up the ****ing ghost. Get off it. You're just a little miserable brat, crying because people like something you don't. It's pathetic. It's truly pathetic. You're literally just a joke.

1. Sony reports shipped. VGChartz estimates sold through to customers.

2. PSASBR didn't chart in the Top 40. Not from VGChartz, not from GFK so there's no discrepancy there.
---
#38RogueDarkPosted 11/30/2012 1:58:25 AM
"Jesus christ dude, no they're not. You can go to the UK specific chart and see for yourself. CoD didn't sell 87% less than the week prior, Family Guy didn't even place, and PSASBR wasn't even on the top 40. Somehow, the numbers you relied on 100% in your last argument are completely junk, meaning you were wrong then, or those numbers were accurate and these numbers are junk, meaning you're wrong now.

These numbers are trash. The sales were higher than this. It's pretty flipping obvious, and you're too much of a denialist to give up the ****ing ghost. Get off it. You're just a little miserable brat, crying because people like something you don't. It's pathetic. It's truly pathetic. You're literally just a joke."

Wow you just got bodied lumin
---
Dream team for USA Canada cup 2012 Justin Wong, Wolfkrone, Alex V, Mike Ross and PR Rog.
#39LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:59:34 AM
Europe charts:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44760296&postcount=1

It flopped even more than Wonderbook V_V
---
#40Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 1:59:36 AM
What does Icy always say?

Oh yeah.

"Slayed"

XD
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.