PSASBR first week US sales - sells less than 60% of what Twisted Metal did

#41PhoenixAssassinPosted 11/30/2012 1:00:32 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
this game sold pretty heavily digitally though PSN. it was available day 1 at midnight (and since I dont think any stores would do a midnight launch for this game that was the earliest way to get it)

sales numbers never reflect digital versions

Really? How do you know it sold pretty heavily?

well i don't know, bad word choice on my part. but the digital version is pretty heavily supported by sony. midnight release, all the same bonuses (and I assume it was discounted for preordering like they do with the other day 1 digital games) I know most of my friends bought the digital version. I bought the disc version, but none of my friends bought the disc version that I know of, while at least 8 of them bought the digital version.
---
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak
#42MrTacoPosted 11/30/2012 1:05:56 AM
You even missed the fact that someone already posted vgchartz sales before you. Man you also lack the ability to read as well.

I think some perspective is important. The game did worse than TM. TM!

So an established IP did better than a new one

the horror... the horror!

Yes, the established IP that flopped did much better than this game that received a massive marketing push.

I'm pretty sure TM got a sizeable marketing push as well.

If I'm not mistaken.. A lot of people actually complained about PSASBR's lack of marketing. And STILL it's selling well!
#43IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/30/2012 1:32:42 AM(edited)
Jesus christ dude, no they're not. You can go to the UK specific chart and see for yourself. CoD didn't sell 87% less than the week prior, Family Guy didn't even place, and PSASBR wasn't even on the top 40. Somehow, the numbers you relied on 100% in your last argument are completely junk, meaning you were wrong then, or those numbers were accurate and these numbers are junk, meaning you're wrong now.

You are seriously and utterly pathetic. This website has never been credible and has completely inaccurate numbers for the vast majority of all of its statistics, including completely unfinished numbers from this past week. There aren't even global tallies on the site. Which is strange, considering all they'd have to do is plug in the numbers they already "have" and just put a plus sign in between them.

They're estimates. And they're low estimates, at that. Sony even just announced breaking the 70 million mark on consoles sold as of last month. Yet, apparently, according to this magical website, they haven't. They also sold 525k ps3s last week, except this site says they didn't.

These numbers are trash. The sales were higher than this. It's pretty flipping obvious, and you're too much of a denialist to give up the ****ing ghost. Get off it. You're just a little miserable brat, crying because people like something you don't. It's pathetic. It's truly pathetic. You're literally just a joke.

1. Sony reports shipped. VGChartz estimates sold through to customers.

2. PSASBR didn't chart in the Top 40. Not from VGChartz, not from GFK so there's no discrepancy there.

IHeartJessAlba used bold. It's super effective!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44760296&postcount=1

EDIT: Silly me, only posted ONE link to the facts when I had a second one I forgot to paste in!

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64745094

So that's not you wetting yourself over the number 38? You're clearly not in this topic posting about how the UK charts are totally accurate and how these numbers are legitimate numbers?

That link you posted for "EU" numbers also has a quote in the little text box, which reads:

"There are new entries further down the chart with ‘Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two’ new at No34, ‘Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse’ at No35 and ‘Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale’ at No38."

Interesting. Interesting. You know, providing a link proving what I said was true is mighty thoughtful of you.

Surprising, even moreso, that you'd deny it. Especially since VGC seems to deny it too. I mean, just try to find where PSABR places in the UK charts on the VGC site... Or Family Guy... It really doesn't seem to jive with allllllllll the other information we have gathered.

Funny that.

You being a sore loser, and all.

<3
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#44Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 1:27:38 AM
I wish you could change the names of threads on Gamefaqs. We could change this one to "Come quick, everyone - Lumi's getting destroyed!"
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#45LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:31:30 AM
I'm pretty sure TM got a sizeable marketing push as well.

If I'm not mistaken.. A lot of people actually complained about PSASBR's lack of marketing. And STILL it's selling well!

Nopes.

1. TM was never promoted at every single major gaming event since E3 to its release.

2. TM didn't get a live action commercial that was placed in the home page of youtube.

3. TM trailer wasn't shown in front a popular movie that references video games heavily.

4. TM never got a single ad on Australia TV (dunno about other countries).
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#46LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:33:28 AM

So that's not you wetting yourself over the number 38? You're clearly not in this topic posting about how the UK charts are totally accurate and how these numbers are legitimate numbers?

That link you posted for "EU" numbers also has a quote in the little text box, which reads:

"There are new entries further down the chart with ‘Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two’ new at No34, ‘Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse’ at No35 and ‘Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale’ at No38."

Interesting. Interesting. You know, providing a link proving what I said was true is mighty thoughtful of you.

Surprising, even moreso, that you'd deny it. Especially since VGC seems to deny it too. I mean, just try to find where PSABR places in the UK charts on the VGC site... Or Family Guy... It really doesn't seem to jive with allllllllll the other information we have gathered.

Funny that.

<3

THat #38 was for all formats. In the UK chart for individual format, PSASBR didn't even chart in the Top 40 in the UK. Next time, think before you post. Whichever way you put it, the game flopped hard.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#47IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/30/2012 1:40:13 AM

Funny that.

<3

THat #38 was for all formats. In the UK chart for individual format, PSASBR didn't even chart in the Top 40 in the UK. Next time, think before you post. Whichever way you put it, the game flopped hard.

THAT'S your argument???

"It's a bunch of numbers added together, it's confusing, so just shuttup!"

Seriously?

The great lumi's argument is that the VITA sales are pushing this game up to 38 on the charts, next to games selling in the millions of copies across platforms?

Your actual argument is that Vita sales are so large, it's helping this game look like it is doing better than it is?

You're actually serious?

You literally believe this? 900k worldwide system sales are boosting the UK sales numbers, inflating them so hard, that the game must surely be a flop, because it's lumped together?

And to think, I actually thought you were just a derp.

I didn't realize how bad your brain... problem... actually is.

I'm SO sorry for you and your family.

You have my sincerest condolences.

How long did the doctors say you have left?
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#48MinamoPosted 11/30/2012 1:41:04 AM
vgchartz is only accurate when it supports your argument. Duh.
#49Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 1:42:40 AM
LOL, this thread is amazing.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#50SlashBoyPosted 11/30/2012 1:45:01 AM
This topic is like the special olympics, doesn't matter who wins the argument because in the end you are going to look retarded wasting time over something some numbers.