PSASBR first week US sales - sells less than 60% of what Twisted Metal did

#51MrTacoPosted 11/30/2012 3:13:34 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
I'm pretty sure TM got a sizeable marketing push as well.

If I'm not mistaken.. A lot of people actually complained about PSASBR's lack of marketing. And STILL it's selling well!

Nopes.

1. TM was never promoted at every single major gaming event since E3 to its release.

2. TM didn't get a live action commercial that was placed in the home page of youtube.

3. TM trailer wasn't shown in front a popular movie that references video games heavily.

4. TM never got a single ad on Australia TV (dunno about other countries).

I'm pretty sure it was promoted at gaming events. You probably just weren't paying attention... Not promoting at events like these would be stupid, I'm sure TM had a presence.

And just because TM wasn't advertised on YouTube, prior to movies or on Australian TV (really.. Australia?) doesn't mean it wasn't advertised ELSEWHERE. I've seen plenty of ads for it, on gaming sites and other places. Just because the game wasn't advertised in the same exact spots as PSASBR.. doesn't mean it didn't get a fair share of the advertisement treatment. Unless you have some inside information, there's no way you can know anything about this.

Especially if you live in Australia.
#52NightmareGammaPosted 11/30/2012 3:31:52 AM
VGChartz is funny, because it says that Assassins Creed 3 sold even less then PSASBR!
---
#53LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 3:43:09 AM
NightmareGamma posted...
VGChartz is funny, because it says that Assassins Creed 3 sold even less then PSASBR!

Not really.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#54TheOpenPosted 11/30/2012 3:54:40 AM
Wow, people still take VGChartz word as gospel? Lol, what blind followers. Just look at how much they undertracked Sony's sales this week to catch an idea of the kind of ass-pulling numbers technique they utilise.
---
PSN: Acquiescence
Anticipating: The Last Guardian, PSAll-Stars BR, Bioshock Infinite, DmC, The Last of Us, Sly 4, Beyond, Ni no Kuni, Tearaway, Rain, Puppeteer
#55IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/30/2012 3:54:55 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
NightmareGamma posted...

Not really.

Technically, yes it did.

ACIII for PC is two notches below PSABR, also being released the same week.

He is technically correct. Both are big name titles, releasing the same week, on a single platform.

Unless only YOU are allowed to talk about "combined sales" as it were.

Lumi, you're making this too easy.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#56DreamSiamesePosted 11/30/2012 4:04:21 AM
You all got trolled
#57zeranamuPosted 11/30/2012 4:05:26 AM
SlashBoy posted...
This topic is like the special olympics, doesn't matter who wins the argument because in the end you are going to look retarded wasting time over something some numbers.

No, just the Lumi guy who can't admit people like something he doesn't. And how the game flopped because people are playing it. He's like those guys who use Xfire statistics to show how games fail (because EVERYONE uses Xfire!)
---
PSN: Erimas
XBL: Zeranamu
#58JollyBudaPosted 11/30/2012 4:10:54 AM
zeranamu posted...
SlashBoy posted...
This topic is like the special olympics, doesn't matter who wins the argument because in the end you are going to look retarded wasting time over something some numbers.

No, just the Lumi guy who can't admit people like something he doesn't. And how the game flopped because people are playing it. He's like those guys who use Xfire statistics to show how games fail (because EVERYONE uses Xfire!)

Luminescent has a vendetta against SuperBot, on that fateful night of September 22nd, Omar pushed his hopes and dreams to the ground and he spat on them. Henceforth, he became the hateful, vindictive little cretin you see before us.
---
PSN: MrMonochrome
UMvC3: Hulk / Vergil / Spencer, SSFIV:AE: Dudley
#59TheOpenPosted 11/30/2012 4:12:38 AM
JollyBuda posted...
zeranamu posted...
SlashBoy posted...

Luminescent has a vendetta against SuperBot, on that fateful night of September 22nd, Omar pushed his hopes and dreams to the ground and he spat on them. Henceforth, he became the hateful, vindictive little cretin you see before us.

What happened on the 22nd? Surprise buttsecks?
---
PSN: Acquiescence
Anticipating: The Last Guardian, PSAll-Stars BR, Bioshock Infinite, DmC, The Last of Us, Sly 4, Beyond, Ni no Kuni, Tearaway, Rain, Puppeteer
#60IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/30/2012 4:17:18 AM
TheOpen posted...
JollyBuda posted...
zeranamu posted...
SlashBoy posted...

What happened on the 22nd? Surprise buttsecks?

Exact opposite. Lack thereof.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic