PSASBR first week US sales - sells less than 60% of what Twisted Metal did

#91Nisa20Posted 11/30/2012 6:31:23 PM(edited)
LuminescentRule posted...
X195 posted...
Not (necessarily) taking any sides here, just came to state two points:

1. VGChartz is notorious for being wrong a lot of the time. This is an undisputable fact.

2. About PSN sales, you can get a rough idea of the number of sales by the number of people that rate each game.
For example, successful digital games like TWD have far more ratings than digital downloads of games that have disc versions. PSASBR has more ratings than pretty much all disc-games that are on PSN, so at least we know that it's going strong on PSN. Unless you mean to argue that just because it's PSASBR a lot more people rate, which is just silly.

Either way, we don't really know right now.

Ooo, very interesting point, I hadn't considered that. (And heck, I didn't even rate PSASBR on PSN!)

The game has a very low number of votes on the AU PSN store:

PSASBR : 153
Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force - 409 (and this came out 2 days ago and also got a retail release here)
LBP Karting - 107 (and this game is considered a huge flop)
Okami HD - 1360
The Unfinished Swan - 574

Doesn't matter you still bought it. If you want to broken record us, I'll do the same to you.

Except your post has no purpose.

Oh but it does, it show cases your personal bias and hypocrisy. You bought the game, and you're being pessimistic continuously. You defeated your own self before anyone even began typing. You cannot say there's a problem when you contribute to it.
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#92LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:48:18 PM
Oh but it does, it show cases your personal bias and hypocrisy. You bought the game, and you're being pessimistic continuously. You defeated your own self before anyone even began typing. You cannot say there's a problem when you contribute to it.

What are you talking about? Do you even know what the words you're using mean? What it shows is that I played the game and I know exactly why it's considered average.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#93Nisa20Posted 11/30/2012 6:55:29 PM

What are you talking about? Do you even know what the words you're using mean? What it shows is that I played the game and I know exactly why it's considered average.

Nope, you were entirely against it but you still went and got it. That nullifies everything you said prior.
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#94Knowledge_KingPosted 11/30/2012 9:04:06 PM
Nisa20 posted...

Nope, you were entirely against it but you still went and got it. That nullifies everything you said prior.

I thought something similar at first, but to be fair, he said he wasn't getting it till it hit the bargain bin, and if he's telling the truth, he in fact got in for a bargain price. So he stuck to his word.

Also I don't see the need to defend the game's sales. If it sells, it does, if not, too bad Superbot failed. It's not like they made anything close to a perfect game and if the sales are bad, Lumi has a right to express his "i told you so" attitude since he did in fact tell you so.
---
http://www.reverbnation.com/intellectualquota
http://www.datpiff.com/Intellectual-Quota-Intellectual-World-mixtape.287780.html
#95Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 9:10:23 PM
Knowledge_King posted...
Nisa20 posted...

I thought something similar at first, but to be fair, he said he wasn't getting it till it hit the bargain bin, and if he's telling the truth, he in fact got in for a bargain price. So he stuck to his word.

Also I don't see the need to defend the game's sales. If it sells, it does, if not, too bad Superbot failed. It's not like they made anything close to a perfect game and if the sales are bad, Lumi has a right to express his "i told you so" attitude since he did in fact tell you so.

All evidence points to the game succeeding. Critically it scored well, commercially its sales have been in-line with what Sony expected, and the fanbase (us) are in love with it.

So...?
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#96gamerkmanPosted 11/30/2012 10:35:02 PM
You even missed the fact that someone already posted vgchartz sales before you. Man you also lack the ability to read as well.

I think some perspective is important. The game did worse than TM. TM!

yes, it did worse than a game that was already in a very well known franchise on its....what 5th or 6th game? nice to see this troll is persistant
---
Life is like a really bad joke with no punchline...
#97Valefor500Posted 11/30/2012 10:36:58 PM
gamerkman posted...
You even missed the fact that someone already posted vgchartz sales before you. Man you also lack the ability to read as well.

yes, it did worse than a game that was already in a very well known franchise on its....what 5th or 6th game? nice to see this troll is persistant

Why did you bump this you now made this guy happy. For a second there I thought your name included khan too!!!!! How dare you.
---
majora999 - Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 10/7/12
#98gamerkmanPosted 11/30/2012 10:39:16 PM
Valefor500 posted...
gamerkman posted...

Why did you bump this you now made this guy happy. For a second there I thought your name included khan too!!!!! How dare you.

i enjoy watching lumi hilariously attempt to troll
---
Life is like a really bad joke with no punchline...
#99ArmedDragoonPosted 11/30/2012 11:06:19 PM
Knowledge_King posted...
Nisa20 posted...

He got the game literally within a couple of days in his region, if he's saying he got it at a bargain price then he's an enormous liar, no shop's going to put a brand new game in the bargain bin within a day.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#100MiggylIPosted 12/3/2012 8:25:31 PM
This topic suggests that sales equal a good game when in fact it does not.

Transformers War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron both sold poorly (according to vgchartz) yet they still plan on making more Transformers games. By the way both are fantastic games.

Twisted Metal sold well at FULL PRICE. Most games do not and that is a very important part of sale data. Twisted Metal is also a fantastic game especially to old school twisted fans (me).

This game will sell enough to warrant a sequel, and lets not forget that this game (and twisted metal) is much less expensive to make than a game like Uncharted or Halo.
---
PSN: Miggy11, XBLIVE: Miggy10, Steam: Miggy10