Jak's Gun Arsenal

#11Wario_manPosted 11/29/2012 11:30:07 PM
Wario_man posted...
Why not just add customizable movesets? Find one that works for you from a selection of weapons and other such attacks. Could go for you know who and other characters as well.

I'm willing to give Superbot a free card on this one since it's their first attempt. I think the movesets are fine for the characters, but a little tweaking for AP gain is needed. It's a good first attempt from them though, and I'd love to see how they mix it up in a sequel.

Yeah, I'm not saying do it this game (though it'd be nice) or through a patch (anytime soon, anyway) but maybe in the next game or something. It'd take a lot of work but hey, that's what it is supposed to be.
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.
#12Cyber_Boy94Posted 11/29/2012 11:31:00 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
1) Replace neutral triangle with the vulcan fury, whcich should shoot about 10-20 shots, and if every shot hits, you get 20-30AP. Let it lift people up like Neutral Triangle does right now to make it a little harder to use.

2) Replace Side Circle with the Scatter gun, which is quick, and knocks people away.

3) Give more AP gain to Down Triangle

4) Make the start up short for Up+O or make it last a second or two longer

I think that about covers it.

I strangely agree with this however that would mean he would only have one blue gun mod in this game :(

Btw I didn't ask for the AP man, just the guns. Im well aware of his low AP gain but I want this topic to be all about guns you prefer only.

I know, I just thought it might be a good idea to talk about AP gain too. Honestly I'm fine with switching a Blue morph for a red morph
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94, Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/user/SyberBoy94?feature=mhee
The Official Keyblade Master of the FF Versus XIII Board
#13IcyFlamez96Posted 11/29/2012 11:31:55 PM
Wario_man posted...
Why not just add customizable movesets? Find one that works for you from a selection of weapons and other such attacks. Could go for you know who and other characters as well.

Eh. That'd throw off balance or something somehow.

I'd welcome it but I remember this big war regarding it a long time ago and most people were against the idea. I sorta understand why they would be though.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#14Wario_manPosted 11/29/2012 11:33:16 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Wario_man posted...

Eh. That'd throw off balance or something somehow.

I'd welcome it but I remember this big war regarding it a long time ago and most people were against the idea. I sorta understand why they would be though.

They'd just have to actually put work into it and not just slap it together. Have each move be different and worthwhile and be able to worked into the moveset like the final moveset you choose was always the moveset.
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.
#15LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 11:35:16 PM
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
1) Replace neutral triangle with the vulcan fury, whcich should shoot about 10-20 shots, and if every shot hits, you get 20-30AP. Let it lift people up like Neutral Triangle does right now to make it a little harder to use.

2) Replace Side Circle with the Scatter gun, which is quick, and knocks people away.

I strangely agree with this however that would mean he would only have one blue gun mod in this game :(

Btw I didn't ask for the AP man, just the guns. Im well aware of his low AP gain but I want this topic to be all about guns you prefer only.

I know, I just thought it might be a good idea to talk about AP gain too. Honestly I'm fine with switching a Blue morph for a red morph

Actually I agree but I got a better suggestion. Replace the Beam Reflexor with the Scatter gun :)

Peace Maker vs Plasmite RPG lol! How you feel about this? (I have no choice but to say this)- Ratchet and Nathan Drake has a grenade launcher as there up diagonal moves so how would you feel about this?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/BlueDiamond93.png
"Save the people Jak, they need you".
#16IcyFlamez96Posted 11/29/2012 11:36:16 PM
^ Well.... Rocket launcher.... But close enough! :p
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
#17Chzrm3Posted 11/29/2012 11:37:56 PM
Yeah, there's a few crazy things that customizable movesets do, like open you up to some insane imbalances, but I think the main reason not to do it is just because it makes every character even that much more time consuming. 3 supers (many of which have you controlling a different sort of character with new attacks and a new look), 3 costumes, customizable taunts and whatnot...

It's definitely a cool idea. I'd love to swap out some of Sackboy's campy moves for some more physical attacks, and play a super-aggressive melee Sackboy. XD But there's no doubt it'd be tough.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#18IcyFlamez96Posted 11/29/2012 11:39:01 PM
I cant remember a lot of the other guns from Jak and Daxter honestly but I really like his moveset how it is now. There could be a few adjustments (AP gain obvi) and one I'd really like to see is have the jump attack thing bring your opponent up higher so you can continue to combo.
---
#19Cyber_Boy94Posted 11/29/2012 11:39:56 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Cyber_Boy94 posted...

Actually I agree but I got a better suggestion. Replace the Beam Reflexor with the Scatter gun :)

Peace Maker vs Plasmite RPG lol! How you feel about this? (I have no choice but to say this)- Ratchet and Nathan Drake has a grenade launcher as there up diagonal moves so how would you feel about this?

Honestly, I prefer the peacemaker for two reasons. 1) IT'S THE FRICKIN PEACE MAKER MAN!
2) It stuns, which is a good combo opportunity... or spam opportunity if you can pull it off.

I'd replace the beam reflector with the electric wave actually, so now all guns get 2 reps.
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94, Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/user/SyberBoy94?feature=mhee
The Official Keyblade Master of the FF Versus XIII Board
#20IcyFlamez96Posted 11/29/2012 11:40:49 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Yeah, there's a few crazy things that customizable movesets do, like open you up to some insane imbalances, but I think the main reason not to do it is just because it makes every character even that much more time consuming. 3 supers (many of which have you controlling a different sort of character with new attacks and a new look), 3 costumes, customizable taunts and whatnot...

It's definitely a cool idea. I'd love to swap out some of Sackboy's campy moves for some more physical attacks, and play a super-aggressive melee Sackboy. XD But there's no doubt it'd be tough.

I also remember people saying that It'd throw off balance since you don't know what moves that particular character has so you wouldn't be able to anticipate them. I kind of get what they are saying but..... Nahhh
---