Jak's Gun Arsenal

#21CrownClown555Posted 11/30/2012 12:40:59 AM
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
1) Replace neutral triangle with the vulcan fury, whcich should shoot about 10-20 shots, and if every shot hits, you get 20-30AP. Let it lift people up like Neutral Triangle does right now to make it a little harder to use.

2) Replace Side Circle with the Scatter gun, which is quick, and knocks people away.

3) Give more AP gain to Down Triangle

4) Make the start up short for Up+O or make it last a second or two longer

I think that about covers it.

This is pretty much exactly what I want.
#22IcyFlamez96Posted 11/30/2012 12:42:21 AM
Didn't one form of the red gun act as a shotgun? That'd be cool if Jak hat that. I'd definitely use him more if he had it.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#23AndKevinBaconPosted 11/30/2012 12:44:34 AM
With the exception of the Blaster, I think they chose the guns they did because they wanted the more colourful guns to help differentiate him from the other gunners. The Scatter Gun is probably the most notable exclusion. I'd replace one of the Yellow guns with it.
#24LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:45:00 AM
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Cyber_Boy94 posted...
1) Replace neutral triangle with the vulcan fury, whcich should shoot about 10-20 shots, and if every shot hits, you get 20-30AP. Let it lift people up like Neutral Triangle does right now to make it a little harder to use.

2) Replace Side Circle with the Scatter gun, which is quick, and knocks people away.

3) Give more AP gain to Down Triangle

4) Make the start up short for Up+O or make it last a second or two longer

I think that about covers it.

I strangely agree with this however that would mean he would only have one blue gun mod in this game :(

Btw I didn't ask for the AP man, just the guns. Im well aware of his low AP gain but I want this topic to be all about guns you prefer only.

I know, I just thought it might be a good idea to talk about AP gain too. Honestly I'm fine with switching a Blue morph for a red morph

Actually I agree but I got a better suggestion. Replace the Beam Reflexor with the Scatter gun :)

Peace Maker vs Plasmite RPG lol! How you feel about this? (I have no choice but to say this)- Ratchet and Nathan Drake has a grenade launcher as there up diagonal moves so how would you feel about this?

Honestly, I prefer the peacemaker for two reasons. 1) IT'S THE FRICKIN PEACE MAKER MAN!
2) It stuns, which is a good combo opportunity... or spam opportunity if you can pull it off.

I'd replace the beam reflector with the electric wave actually, so now all guns get 2 reps.

Yes I know but the Plasmite RPG was Jak's 3rd most powerful gun. Instant explosion near body contact. NEAR not on. Thats bad@ss. The electric wave which is called the Arc Wielder is already in the game so you cant replace it if its already in xD.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/BlueDiamond93.png
"Save the people Jak, they need you".
#25LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:47:19 AM
AndKevinBacon posted...
With the exception of the Blaster, I think they chose the guns they did because they wanted the more colourful guns to help differentiate him from the other gunners. The Scatter Gun is probably the most notable exclusion. I'd replace one of the Yellow guns with it.

Unfortunately that was a smart and stupid move to do. Because of that factor is what makes Ratchet more dominant in an 1 vs 1 weapon wise not melee wise, because they didn't apply that with Ratchet.
---
#26LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:48:31 AM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Didn't one form of the red gun act as a shotgun? That'd be cool if Jak hat that. I'd definitely use him more if he had it.

V Called the Scatter Gun. V

http://jakanddaxter.wikia.com/wiki/Morph_Gun
---
#27Cyber_Boy94Posted 11/30/2012 12:51:33 AM
ok with some thought into it and I think this would be a pretty good gun situation for Jak.

Neutral Triangle: Vulcan Fury, does 10-20 shots, gains 20-30 AP depending on if every shot hits or not, slowly raises enemies as they get hit, meaning you have to aim it up.
Side Triangle: Keep as is
Down Triangle: The electric wave that's on neutral triangle now
Up Triangle: Keep as is, but give more AP.

Neutral Circle: Keep as is.
Side Circle: Scatter Gun, acts as Sweet Tooths Shotgun
Down Circle: Keep as is
Up Circle: Keep as is, but with slight adjustment to either length or start up.
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94, Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/user/SyberBoy94?feature=mhee
The Official Keyblade Master of the FF Versus XIII Board
#28Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 12:51:56 AM
IcyFlamez96 posted...

: D yeah that's the scatter gun. It was such a sick gun too.

For me, the weirdest thing about Jak is just that he can't move while shooting. Nate can do that, and all my memories of J/D are of me running around madly trying to kill as many cops as possible before they take me down.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#29IcyFlamez96Posted 11/30/2012 12:53:33 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...

For me, the weirdest thing about Jak is just that he can't move while shooting. Nate can do that, and all my memories of J/D are of me running around madly trying to kill as many cops as possible before they take me down.

Eh. Ratchet can't either.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#30Cyber_Boy94Posted 11/30/2012 12:54:53 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...

It makes sense gameplay wise. How do you counter Jak's mobility? Make him stand still for his gun attacks. It's a smart balance choice.
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94, Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/user/SyberBoy94?feature=mhee
The Official Keyblade Master of the FF Versus XIII Board