So Sony is happy with PSASBR, the game didn't flop, we're getting free DLC, and

#11EtroAnimePosted 11/30/2012 12:43:02 AM
No worries man plus yeah getting to a Red Belt would be cool since I almost so close. I didn't even pay attention to the belts at first but now I am like.."Must.Go.Higher." lol. Plus I understand trying out characters in rank, I did it earlier with holysquid and I got stomped using Cole since I am not too great with him.

However we need to organize some more GFaqs FFA and 2v2's, those are a lot of fun. On a side note, using double characters for 2v2 is very fun, remember that double Spike match XD. Also me and holysquid have been doing double Drakes and that is an awesome team with barrels flying everywhere.
---
Waiting for: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PSN ID: Rammel29
#12Chzrm3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:44:59 AM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
I've spent like 25 hours on the game so far and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Only games with a ton of depth can give you that feeling.

And keep in mind I haven't even playing online that much. I've only played online a few times with people here, maybe like 5 hours in total. So that's 20 hours doing nothing but fooling around in practice mode, tutorials, combat trials, arcade and versus and I'm no where near done any of it.

: D It's funny, now that you mention it I just remembered that I've only done Sackboy's arcade mode. I'm really curious to see Jak's, Nate's, Spike's... a bunch of people, haha.

And I think I'm like 2% done with challenge mode. XD Maybe tomorrow I'll go nuts with that, now I kinda wanna play it some more.

Etroanime posted...
No worries man plus yeah getting to a Red Belt would be cool since I almost so close. I didn't even pay attention to the belts at first but now I am like.."Must.Go.Higher." lol. Plus I understand trying out characters in rank, I did it earlier with holysquid and I got stomped using Cole since I am not too great with him.

However we need to organize some more GFaqs FFA and 2v2's, those are a lot of fun. On a side note, using double characters for 2v2 is very fun, remember that double Spike match XD. Also me and holysquid have been doing double Drakes and that is an awesome team with barrels flying everywhere.

LOL that Spike match was one of the funniest, I loved that.

And yeah that's a good idea, maybe tomorrow we should try to organize some in-house 2 v 2s. : D We could do kill limit to 5 and it'd actually be really fun. (And if I play Sackboy I won't use his level 3, just the level 2. XD)
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#13EtroAnimePosted 11/30/2012 12:45:04 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
I've spent like 25 hours on the game so far and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Only games with a ton of depth can give you that feeling.

And keep in mind I haven't even playing online that much. I've only played online a few times with people here, maybe like 5 hours in total. So that's 20 hours doing nothing but fooling around in practice mode, tutorials, combat trials, arcade and versus and I'm no where near done any of it.

Ha I hear you, I haven't even finished all of arcade mode with every character. Did three so far; Jak's, Drake's, and Sir Dan's arcade run. Trials are another story, barely touch them yet, soon though.
---
Waiting for: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PSN ID: Rammel29
#14blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 12:50:45 AM
I've done like 24% of combat trials, only like 4 Arcade modes, and have like 7 characters left for combo tutorials.

I'm really liking combo tutorials and the trials because they really do help you get better with the character on a basic level and explore new ideas. Not to mention they are actually challenging on all-star unlike most of Smash's "events" which are braindead.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#15IcyFlamez96Posted 11/30/2012 12:50:57 AM
Honestly, well maybe this is only because I mainly use Ratchet, but to me it feels like there won't be many more little techniques to find out about. I've tried so many random things with him in training mode and it seems like I've explored him completely. Well of course there are other characters. Not just with Ratchet though, but with the mechanics of the game in general.

I like this feeling in a strange way. Its not hindering my enjoyment of the game at all, but I want it to surprise me with all of the little things you can do to be that much better. This is the first fighting game I've played online a lot. It probably sounds stupid that I'm saying that there won't be many more techniques to find out since it is only like the first week and a half, in contrast to what blaze was saying.

I honestly feel there isn't much more to find out, and I also feel there are many more surprises to come. I know that sounds contradictory but I'm not sure exactly how to explain it.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#16Chzrm3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:56:09 AM
Ooh, I think I know what you mean Icy. I felt the same way about Brawl when it first came out, but it actually kept surprising me. People kept figuring out more and more tricks for the characters. When they discovered glide tossing, I spent hours in training mode practicing banana combos, it was so insane.

I have a good feeling PSASBR is going to have stuff like that. I'm pretty sure there's not a single fighting game in the world that doesn't have glitches, and it looks like people have already found some interesting ones with Dante (those may have been intentional but they were still insane either way : D)

As time goes on we'll find more and more and more, and the face of the game will keep changing. That's what I love about being involved with a fighting game right from the start.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#17blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 1:00:51 AM(edited)
Here's something you've probably not explored with Ratchet yet. Remember what I said about landings cancelling end lag of certain moves? Short hop with him but instantly begin aiming his sniper. You will be really close to the ground. If you do it this way as soon as you're done, you'll instantly land and be able to do another right away again. It's a way to spam the sniper much faster and almost make it impossible to avoid if you learn to aim really well and fast.

I first noticed Dabuz doing this with Ratchet, all Ratchets should do this.

And of course his Tesla spikes have a ton of potential we haven't explored yet.

Trust me, there's still a ton of stuff to find out about Ratchet.
---
#18blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 1:04:22 AM
Also that's just concerning specific character tech.

We haven't even begun to explore specific stage tech. Such as what characters are the best on what stages? What dominant strategies do they have there? What stages nerf them?

And how about character matchups? What are Ratchets best matchups? Worst? How should you play in these matchups?
---
#19IcyFlamez96Posted 11/30/2012 1:06:48 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Here's something you've probably not explored with Ratchet yet. Remember what I said about landings cancelling end lag of certain moves? Short hop with him but instantly begin aiming his sniper. You will be really close to the ground. If you do it this way as soon as you're done, you'll instantly land and be able to do another right away again. It's a way to spam the sniper much faster and almost make it impossible to avoid if you learn to aim really well and fast.

I first noticed Dabuz doing this with Ratchet, all Ratchets should do this.

And of course his Tesla spikes have a ton of potential we haven't explored yet.

Trust me, there's still a ton of stuff to find out about Ratchet.

Oh dude as soon as you mentioned the ending lag thing the first thing I did with was go into training mode and start experimenting. I did do it with the sniper actually but I guess I just thought it wouldn't be that effective. I was actually rethinking my thought earlier today and I was going to test it out more but I forgot :/

One thing I have been doing in FFA is fast shooting the Warmonger using that method and it has actually been effective lol.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#20Chzrm3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:12:38 AM
It's kind of a bummer, Sackboy's jelly attack freezes him in mid-air, so you can't do that with it.

Maybe there's some way to do it with the cake if you're almost on the ground and the arc of the cake snapping your head back makes you hit it, but I guess that wouldn't matter because you can only have one cake out at a time.

I guess you could maybe shoot out a cake as you're hitting the ground and then immediately put a fan and potentially give the cake that extra propulsion.

I dunno, that doesn't seem all that useful, but I'll mess around tomorrow and see if anything happens.
---