AP should be a tug of war system

#1sasuke16dPosted 11/30/2012 7:56:28 AM
I feel to push this game to the top...the AP system should be a tug of war system whatever AP gain from attacks and combos half of the AP value should be stolen from opponents. It rewards skill and can give people reason to attempt to do level 1 and 2 specials and not just play with characters who got level 3 specials that can get a high quantity kills
---
Live: KhiryDaBanger
PSN: KhiryDaBanga
#2sasuke16d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:00:04 AM
for example: Dante's basic 80 AP combo will still gain 80 AP but the opponent getting hit by the combo should lose 40 ap
---
#3MyZombieFianceePosted 11/30/2012 8:01:28 AM
No. No no no no.

Can you imagine all the raging this would cause? Sackboy and Kratos. Think about it.
---
PSN Name: PersonaSkelter
Now Playing: PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
#4doraemonllh1989Posted 11/30/2012 8:02:32 AM
wont work
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#5blitz_0623Posted 11/30/2012 8:04:21 AM
If that's the case then level 2 and 3 supers will be less impt. AP is so precious once you get to level 1 you'd want to use it ASAP
#6FF_FiendPosted 11/30/2012 8:05:54 AM
I think I'm the only one on this board who agrees with you. Granted, there are a number of ways you can drain people of their AP. Grabs, weapons, environmental hazards. Still, I hate that people can trust trade blows back and forth, both get level 1 supers. Then one dies. He's invincible for a few seconds and rushes in to perform a combo into his level 1 super.

Basically with two competent players playing 1 on 1 (and assuming one of them isn't Sackboy), there's not much reason to ever be more than 2 kills apart in score. I want more AP punishment for being hit with particularly powerful moves, otherwise you're forced to stay away from anyone flowing blue, unless you think you can get in a grab. It actually detracts from the games aggressiveness. I posted an idea like this before and I got quickly shot down. Expect to have the same done to you.
---
Playing: LEGO LOTR, Epic Mickey 2, Pushmo, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale
#7sasuke16d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:07:43 AM
those two characters and some characters with infinite combos just need to be patched then the system can work. I feel there need to be a better way to punish the person getting damaged since specials is the only way to kill opponents that the only way to punish them
---
#8sasuke16d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 8:13:00 AM
i understand it will prevent people from being aggressive play...but that the point it bring strategy. if it want to be competitive there need to be some thought in going into a match, because right now it feel like a mindless button mash into u get your special then people think strategy. Also think about times where you was aggressive and was getting combos left and right on a person only to get killed by that person built up meter from fighting another player
---
#9SimsyasPosted 11/30/2012 8:18:43 AM
Reminds me of Battle Stadium DON.

Hell no.
#10marceloxlrPosted 11/30/2012 8:24:44 AM(edited)
Simsyas posted...
Reminds me of Battle Stadium DON.

Hell no.

That game was my favorite fighting game when it first came out lol, played it for hours and hours.

Would love to see a new DON game with the current characters(time skip luffy and Naruto, SSJ3 goku, etc....)
---
"...Because inside people's memories, i can live forever."
-Axel