AP should be a tug of war system

#11sasuke16d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:33:00 AM(edited)
deleted
#12sasuke16d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:31:39 AM
Exactly...to people who say it wont work youtube battlestadium that game was amazing and it was way more punishing then the system i am thinking...my system is the same as the system that in place but just the attacked players lose half the amount of AP gained by the attacker
---
Live: KhiryDaBanger
PSN: KhiryDaBanga
#13TerotrousPosted 11/30/2012 7:32:10 AM
Yeah, this is DON's system... and DON illustrates exactly why it's not a good idea.

Even matches never end, and matches where one person has the advantage can end in like 5 seconds (especially in 2v2).
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#14sasuke16d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 7:36:38 AM
i want to keep individual super meters for each player but there need to be punishment for being attacked... that punishment is lost AP everyone complain about skilled players not being rewarded and cheap play is encouraged the reason why is there is no punishment for being hit
---
Live: KhiryDaBanger
PSN: KhiryDaBanga
#15IcyFlamez96Posted 11/30/2012 8:04:26 AM
It could be another game mode.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#16Ace2792Posted 11/30/2012 8:15:42 AM
Despite what everyone else is saying, I think this is a great idea. Some people could easily get a level 2 or 3 using this system, but at the same time it would take more strategy. People who are against this are the same ones that sit back and throw cakes with sack boy, uses Drake's gun, and spams -> Square with Kratos. It takes no skill, and when something comes up that requires strategy, people shy away and show their true nature.

Weak
---
PSN: Silver_ShadoWolf (Storm 2: Kirin Sasuke and Neji)
GT: ShadoGhostNinja
#17NubleePosted 11/30/2012 8:17:40 AM
Grabs would lose their importance in the game then, so no thanks for me
#18metroid compositePosted 11/30/2012 8:30:40 AM
In 1v1 and 2v2 this is extremely unnecessary: if you get hit, your opponent is closer to a super. That's already punishment enough--you don't want to get hit.

In FFA I'm...skeptical. Doesn't this just encourage Radec/Sackboy play where you snipe, and run away/eject opponents as soon as they try to get close? Oh, not to mention, this would encourage Kratos play as he tends to generate AP faster than most other characters, which means he'd be more effective than everyone else at shutting down opposing supers.

Basically, no, this would make the balance worse, and encourage the kind of strategies people on this board already whine about.
---
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision
#19TheExiled280Posted 11/30/2012 2:54:05 PM
sasuke16d posted...
i understand it will prevent people from being aggressive play...but that the point it bring strategy. if it want to be competitive there need to be some thought in going into a match, because right now it feel like a mindless button mash into u get your special then people think strategy. Also think about times where you was aggressive and was getting combos left and right on a person only to get killed by that person built up meter from fighting another player

lol

You haven't played much huh?
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), New Little King Story(PSV)
#20StaticnovaPosted 11/30/2012 2:55:49 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
sasuke16d posted...
i understand it will prevent people from being aggressive play...but that the point it bring strategy. if it want to be competitive there need to be some thought in going into a match, because right now it feel like a mindless button mash into u get your special then people think strategy. Also think about times where you was aggressive and was getting combos left and right on a person only to get killed by that person built up meter from fighting another player

lol

You haven't played much huh?

---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars