PlayStation Home promo card game... the description accidentally mentions Ico?!

#1RocketJessPosted 11/30/2012 8:33:17 AM
Found out through the PlayStation Blog that Home has a promo thing for All-Stars at the moment... which is cool, but what really got me excited is that it - incorrectly, as it turned out - mentioned Ico as one of the included characters.

The actual quote:
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Beat Down
Ready to test your wits against some of the most iconic characters to ever appear on PlayStation? Head to Home Square and see classic characters like PaRappa the Rapper and Ico go head-to-head with newcomers like Nathan Drake.

It shows up on both the blog and the news page that pops up as you load up Home.

The actual game is... meh. No wits involved; you get a card with a character and their attributes on it, pick the highest number, it gets compared to a second face-down card and you probably win 90% of these 'matches'. Kind of amusing to see some of the attribute numbers (Kratos gets a Charisma score of 1), but... yeah. It's hardly exciting.

Anyway, it's just the basic 20 characters, no Kat or Emmet, and sadly definitely no Ico. Seems very odd. He's not exactly mistakeable for any of the current roster...
---
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles
#2AttraFayttenPosted 11/30/2012 8:36:23 AM
I like ICO a lot but am i the only one who thinks he might not make a great character?
---
"nin nin" a reference to a 'troll/ignorant TC', 'spam/naive topic' and 'boredom/filler subject'
#3TifanityPosted 11/30/2012 8:39:28 AM
AttraFaytten posted...
I like ICO a lot but am i the only one who thinks he might not make a great character?

He could be unique as in the only character that is dual like ice climbers ;D
---
"Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally" -Tifa Lockhart
R.O.B.:Tifanity| D.S. : Tifanity | D.W. : TifaLily | R.o.D.: Tifanity
#4Nisa20Posted 11/30/2012 8:58:00 AM(edited)
It's no surprise, NA PSHome always posts inaccurate info or leaks information they aren't supposed to. I used to frequent Home often and the dev team would sometimes upload content with the wrong pricing or release with different items other than the ones advertised before their weekly update.
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear