So when Sackboy is inevitably nerfed, will you still whine when you lose?

#31Retroxgamer0Posted 11/30/2012 12:06:50 PM(edited)
SpacePirateKhan posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
but sackboys lvl3 isnt any stronger than some other strong lvl3s. the only diff is the third kill you mentioned. i can kill everyone twice with nathan drake's lvl3 as well.

I know kill-wise, you're right. The problem is, you're literally helpless during his Lv3. You can't dodge, you can barely move... And Sackboy gets significant free bonus AP and potential easy access to a good item.

Besides, I'd rather be underpowered as Sackboy than have everyone saying Sackboy's an "I Win" button backed by legitimate complaints.

raiden gets bonus ap during his lvl3 as well, if you do his free slash during lvl3 you get extra ap. i just learned that yesterday. anyways, the bonus ap isnt guaranteed for sackboy as hes focused on getting the player controlled bubbles and not the ap, even your enemy can grab the free ap, which is detrimental to you. raidens free ap is guaranteed for him, sackboys is not, anyone can get it, even ALL of your enemies, and then they can turn around and kill you with your own ap. also yes, you are helpless as a zombie with drake's lvl3. you cant do anything, and i cant test it but im pretty sure you move slowly making you even more helpless feeling.
#32SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:22:23 PM(edited)
^I've airdodged the crap out of Drake's bullets before as a Zombie. >_> <_< and they can at least run and jump around at what feels like normal speeds. The Bubble players may as well be stationary.

And I don't really think Sackboy's AP bubbles are that OP, which is why I didn't put them on the list of nerfs I would like to see, but most people can't get o 5 kills and a Level 1 & some change Super bar with their Lv3.

Is Raiden's AP gain that significant? I've never noticed o___o

Edit: i'm suddenly finding I can't airdodge as a Zombie... o_O Wtf? Could've sworn I've dodged bullets before. Guess I just jumped over them, LoL.
You do move and jump decently, though, enough to force him to aim those zombie-slaying bullets well if he wants to hit you.
---
Official Sackboy Champion of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Board!
www.change.org/petitions/superbot-make-the-king-of-all-cosmos-a-dlc-character-2
#33JediMasta12Posted 11/30/2012 12:22:01 PM
I find it hysterical that everyone on this board is "omg teh elites" and yet they're always complaining about sackboy. I'm not incredible at this game, but I have yet to lose to a sackboy. I fail to see why everyone is complaining. He's not that OP.
---
PSN: Jing07
#34SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:24:13 PM
JediMasta12 posted...
I find it hysterical that everyone on this board is "omg teh elites" and yet they're always complaining about sackboy. I'm not incredible at this game, but I have yet to lose to a sackboy. I fail to see why everyone is complaining. He's not that OP.

I think the problem is FFA Ranked. The average noob will not only eat Sackboy's cake constantly, he'll jump your ass every time you go for Sackboy. It's basically Radec syndrome, but with a legitimate excuse to fall back on (OP Lv3, cake mines) when people call them out for whining.
---
#35Retroxgamer0Posted 11/30/2012 12:31:11 PM(edited)
^I've airdodged the crap out of Drake's bullets before as a Zombie. >_> <_< and they can at least run and jump around at what feels like normal speeds. The Bubble players may as well be stationary.

And I don't really think Sackboy's AP bubbles are that OP, which is why I didn't put them on the list of nerfs I would like to see, but most people can't get o 5 kills and a Level 1 & some change Super bar with their Lv3.

Is Raiden's AP gain that significant? I've never noticed o___o

Edit: i'm suddenly finding I can't airdodge as a Zombie... o_O Wtf? Could've sworn I've dodged bullets before. Guess I just jumped over them, LoL.
You do move and jump decently, though, enough to force him to aim those zombie-slaying bullets well if he wants to hit you.

take a video of you airdodging every one of drake's golden bullets as a zombie
edit: ok you were wrong, thats good. i didnt think so either, and even if you could, that would prob be the best video ever lol.
#36SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:33:57 PM
^Indeed. :D sorry for 'jumping the gun' on some of my statements without testing them to make sure they were accurate.
---
#37Retroxgamer0Posted 11/30/2012 1:17:11 PM(edited)
i still disagree about the level 3 super being that big of a deal. even if it is the strongest it means nothing if the ap was normalized. sackboy isnt the strongest outside of his overpowered ap gain, so him having the strongest lvl3 wouldnt bother most people. now if he was the strongest character AND had the strongest lvl3 then it would concern me, but as a fighter, sackboy only gets away with cake spam because it generates too much. if that wasnt a viable enough strategy, he'd actually be much harder. the combos he does have arent that easy to pull off. i try his shock panel into square-square-square, into forward jet, into cake, but its not that reliable to do.
#38TerotrousPosted 11/30/2012 1:17:46 PM
-Lv2 can be hit out of it (if he can't already), and either smaller radius or slower cursor movement.

All Lv2s are invincible to normal attacks but vulnerable to supers.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#39SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:18:19 PM
Terotrous posted...
-Lv2 can be hit out of it (if he can't already), and either smaller radius or slower cursor movement.

All Lv2s are invincible to normal attacks but vulnerable to supers.

True, but it's pretty much impossible to miss Sackboy's Lv2 unless you suck, no matter where the opponents are. >_> And you can still drop it fast in an OHSH- moment to kill anyone next to you on either side before they'd have a chance to stop you.
---
#40EnglishLanguagPosted 11/30/2012 2:34:38 PM
Hell, people whine like crazy where I am when I play Sackboy, which I find odd considering I rarely actually win matches. And the only time I got 7 kills with his level 3 when they thought a good way to fight me was to go to that tiny practice stage with AP Gain set to High.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.