I wanna learn someone else, but I love Drake's moveset :(

#1StaticnovaPosted 11/30/2012 1:31:50 PM
Before getting the game, I didn't think I'd be playing Drake all that much (I love Uncharted, but the melee characters felt most appealing, Nariko specifically), but I got on really well with his moveset after trying him out. Very simple and it all flows so well. After playing him online almost exclusively, I'm really comfortable with him.

I'd love to have a handful of other characters that I'm confident with, if only for variety, but I just feel like Drake's my guy.

If I did learn more? They'd probably be Nariko, Cole and Ratchet. Maybe Sir Dan or Spike, too.

Anyone else just stuck with one character so far?
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars
#2NDgamer1122Posted 11/30/2012 1:34:55 PM
Been playing Jak a lot, but want to try more characters. Problem is, I get pissy when I start getting my ass kicked again buy the overused characters. It's a real step down going from super-mobile Jak to someone else. Using side-square as Jak to get out of situations is SO nice.

Guess I just gotta keep playing a new character before I can get really good with them and start winning.
#3SilentGazePosted 11/30/2012 1:35:10 PM
Jak is main and will always be. But I play Sir Dan as a second.

I like making the harder to use characters shine. Sorta like advertising. Toro for me though is a lost cause.
#4SpacePirateKhanPosted 11/30/2012 1:37:43 PM
Ratchet has traps and lots of ranged goodies. You might enjoy him for some of the same reasons you enjoyed Drake. :3

Same with Sackboy, if you don't mind some people blaming their defeat on Sackboy himself instead of how well you played.
---
Official Sackboy Champion of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Board!
www.change.org/petitions/superbot-make-the-king-of-all-cosmos-a-dlc-character-2
#5EstheimasterPosted 11/30/2012 1:40:47 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...
Been playing Jak a lot, but want to try more characters. Problem is, I get pissy when I start getting my ass kicked again buy the overused characters. It's a real step down going from super-mobile Jak to someone else. Using side-square as Jak to get out of situations is SO nice.

Guess I just gotta keep playing a new character before I can get really good with them and start winning.

Can't Dante escape like that too?
#6JohnbobbPosted 11/30/2012 1:47:21 PM
I've also been using Drake a ton. I love the Uncharted games, but I didn't think I'd like playing as Drake nearly as much as I do. His moveset seems to be one of the most varied and adaptable.

He's not all I've been using, but he's up there. I also main Sackboy, Evil Cole, and Jak. I'm also pretty good with Sweet Tooth, Spike, Heihachi, and sometimes Big Daddy.
---
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
#7Staticnova(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:55:27 PM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
Ratchet has traps and lots of ranged goodies. You might enjoy him for some of the same reasons you enjoyed Drake. :3

Same with Sackboy, if you don't mind some people blaming their defeat on Sackboy himself instead of how well you played.

Yeah I've played Ratchet here and there, and have done his Arcade. I do like his moveset, but I dunno, it just deosn't flow as well as Drake's. Drake has better mobility and some nice synergy between multiple moves.

I dunno; it's difficult to explain. I don't know if it's just because I've spent more time with Drake than anyone else, or that his moveset does just click with me. Maybe it's the simplicity of it? I know what to use and when. Even more tools, like with Ratchet, means more "figuring stuff out". There's more panic about what to use.

I might have to invest some time into him, though.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
#8Staticnova(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:16:01 PM
Johnbobb posted...
I've also been using Drake a ton. I love the Uncharted games, but I didn't think I'd like playing as Drake nearly as much as I do. His moveset seems to be one of the most varied and adaptable.

He's not all I've been using, but he's up there. I also main Sackboy, Evil Cole, and Jak. I'm also pretty good with Sweet Tooth, Spike, Heihachi, and sometimes Big Daddy.

Yeah, I could do with expanding my horizons. Nariko is currently the only other character I feel semi-confident with.
---