Jak totally destroys big daddy and dante

#1PhoenixAssassinPosted 11/30/2012 2:00:35 PM
Probably parappa raiden heihachi and a few others. the ones who have no good range game. but the main ones I play in a 1v1 situation is dante and big daddy. and they simply dont have any way to respond to jak.

last time I played vs big daddy (shadowjeric) I went to level 3 activated it, got 1 kill then waited for it to stop, and build up for level 3 again. I did this because jak just totally outmatches big daddy. the only times he really got any combos off of me is when I would be messing around, like trying to knock him back with the blaster when he is charging, when it would be easier to just jump over it and WC him.

Last time I played a dante, same applies to dante. last dante I fought was lakizzle, and for the most part I would only get hit with a few bullets every once in a while. he got a full combo off on me because I missed a level 1. if not for that dante would never even of reached a level 1 super.

also i am curious if any other characters can do the same, like drake maybe.
---
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak
#2KindertotenwaldPosted 11/30/2012 2:02:38 PM
PhoenixAssassin posted...
Probably parappa raiden heihachi and a few others. the ones who have no good range game. but the main ones I play in a 1v1 situation is dante and big daddy. and they simply dont have any way to respond to jak.

last time I played vs big daddy (shadowjeric) I went to level 3 activated it, got 1 kill then waited for it to stop, and build up for level 3 again. I did this because jak just totally outmatches big daddy. the only times he really got any combos off of me is when I would be messing around, like trying to knock him back with the blaster when he is charging, when it would be easier to just jump over it and WC him.

Last time I played a dante, same applies to dante. last dante I fought was lakizzle, and for the most part I would only get hit with a few bullets every once in a while. he got a full combo off on me because I missed a level 1. if not for that dante would never even of reached a level 1 super.

also i am curious if any other characters can do the same, like drake maybe.

Did the BD player do anything different than when you played me?
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#3PhoenixAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:04:17 PM
I dont really remember our fight, most big daddies do about the same thing though.
---
#4hajile12Posted 11/30/2012 2:05:34 PM
I main jak and i find that jak vs. Bigdaddy is like the easiest match .
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#5Myles98Posted 11/30/2012 2:07:04 PM
I main big daddy and it seems the only reliable way to use him is to rely on triangle moves with the occasional plasmid thrown in.

Sniff sniff.
---
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#6Retroxgamer0Posted 11/30/2012 2:19:15 PM(edited)
big daddys low tier imo. his supers arent that good and he has to rely on his ground stomp way too much. hes too slow of a character and his lvl1 prettymuch only hits unaware targets, or targets hit by his low range shock infront of him. its difficult to connect with reliably. you can win with him, but people saying they destroy him doesnt really impress me tbh.
#7BkzUziPosted 11/30/2012 2:24:49 PM
Jak is bottom tier
#8PhoenixAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:44:55 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
big daddys low tier imo. his supers arent that good and he has to rely on his ground stomp way too much. hes too slow of a character and his lvl1 prettymuch only hits unaware targets, or targets hit by his low range shock infront of him. its difficult to connect with reliably. you can win with him, but people saying they destroy him doesnt really impress me tbh.

I was talking about the character match ups, not that it has anything to do with my skills
---
#9PhoenixAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:46:49 PM
BkzUzi posted...
Jak is bottom tier

jak isnt bottom tier, he my not be top. but he certainly isnt at the bottom
---
#10Retroxgamer0Posted 11/30/2012 2:50:53 PM
PhoenixAssassin posted...
BkzUzi posted...
Jak is bottom tier

jak isnt bottom tier, he my not be top. but he certainly isnt at the bottom

jak's level 1 is one of the only level 1s in the game the community has not found a way to combo or do a move into reliably. if that is actually the case, then he can end up a bottom tier for competitive play, because that will likely consist mostly of level 1s, since some characters have overpowered ones.