Jak totally destroys big daddy and dante

#21Pink_a_DinkPosted 11/30/2012 3:28:43 PM
PhoenixAssassin posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
jak can be dominating in 1v1 if you stay in the air WAY too much, and use his up throw into his lvl2 super, but his lvl1 isnt going to kill anyone, and cant be comboed into. but for characters that have a forward momentum super like sly, if you are always aerial, he'll never get you. only way youre going to really be successful with jak is to cheese it and be spammy with his down squares and stuff, and hit that lvl2 jumping so much that its incredibly difficult to combo you or super you.

or you could ya know use actual skill to land his level 1 instead of needing a combo to land it.

Doesn't it take MORE skill to combo someone into a super?
#22PhoenixAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 3:31:07 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
jak can be dominating in 1v1 if you stay in the air WAY too much, and use his up throw into his lvl2 super, but his lvl1 isnt going to kill anyone, and cant be comboed into. but for characters that have a forward momentum super like sly, if you are always aerial, he'll never get you. only way youre going to really be successful with jak is to cheese it and be spammy with his down squares and stuff, and hit that lvl2 jumping so much that its incredibly difficult to combo you or super you.

or you could ya know use actual skill to land his level 1 instead of needing a combo to land it.

Doesn't it take MORE skill to combo someone into a super?

how does it take more skill to use a character where you can hit them with a normal attack and guarentee a super kill, then it does for jak where you need to read your opponent and time it so you can catch them in it?
---
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak
#23ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/30/2012 3:31:45 PM
BkzUzi posted...
Jak is bottom tier

jak isnt bottom tier, he my not be top. but he certainly isnt at the bottom

No he is bottom, you just so happen to have achieved a certain level of skill with him.

All Jak really has going for him is his running away tactics
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#24NarukuboyPosted 11/30/2012 3:36:15 PM
Jak actually becomes even worst to use if you manage to build his lvl 2.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9g3dtmMrw1rduef9o1_500.png
#25PhoenixAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 3:37:56 PM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
BkzUzi posted...
Jak is bottom tier

jak isnt bottom tier, he my not be top. but he certainly isnt at the bottom

No he is bottom, you just so happen to have achieved a certain level of skill with him.

All Jak really has going for him is his running away tactics

he has several very good unblockable attacks. and he can totally destroy certain characters. his zoning game is top notch
---
#26LaKizzle23Posted 11/30/2012 3:59:26 PM
Yeah Dante has no answer to Jak whatsoever.

My Dante isn't that great, but his lack of (useful) projectiles makes the matchup extremely unfavorable to him. No way to approach. At all.

At one point in the match I just started to shoot around aimlessly since there was nothing I could to to reach you. -_-

The next patch should buff the ap gain on his guns. Like seriously. Its already hard enough to shoot opponents with it without getting smashed in the face.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#27Retroxgamer0Posted 11/30/2012 4:01:32 PM(edited)
you call randomly throwing out a super, skill phoenix? idk what you have against comboing into supers.
#28LaKizzle23Posted 11/30/2012 4:24:50 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
you call randomly throwing out a super, skill phoenix? idk what you have against comboing into supers.

It takes skill to time and land a super without the use of a pre-made combo.

Which is harder to land?

Jak's Lvl 1 super or Raiden's Lvl 1 super. Keep in mind that all Raiden has to do is grab you in order to get a guaranteed kill.

I'm sure you get the idea.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#29PhoenixAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:53:45 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

a level 1 super should take skill and luck. it should be a gamble to use it. it should be a choice to risk trying a level 1 or save up for a level 2 for a more guaranteed hit. and thats pretty much what superbot said level 1s would be like at the evo panel. but its not actually that way aside from a few characters.

there is a difference between "randomly" throwing out a super, and timing your super. I'll admit sometimes I do have bad timing and I throw it out there when I shouldn't. most of the time i get overly anxious, and I jump on the trigger instead of being more patient. but properly reading your opponents moves and being able to land the super to get the kill that does take skill, more so then what 90% of the characters do to land their level 1. when you combo into your level 1 if you miss the combo no big deal, no real loss to you at all. if you miss with a raw super that is a big deal. and generally missing with a super leaves you open much longer then missing with whatever you open your combo with
---