Raiden is not overpowered. Just good.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Raiden is not overpowered. Just good.

User Info: Q_Blah

Q_Blah
4 years ago#11
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
Oh yeah I used to have problems with Raiden, but now that I've learned how to deal with him it's fine. I just need to learn how to get around that counter when my friend plays him (spams the hell out of it)

Grab
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png

User Info: blaze19_0X

blaze19_0X
4 years ago#12
Raiden has 1 decent aerial approach and that's his triangle dive kick,

Wrong.

And his AP gain is some of the best in the game. He can hit confirm several ways into 140+ combos. This includes his forward throw. That's right. He can get 140AP just from a throw + the orbs.
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

User Info: LaKizzle23

LaKizzle23
4 years ago#13
His side grab crumples you. Because of this, he can combo into his level 1 super through a grab. A GRAB. And its not easy to avoid grabs either since its over powered in this game.

It also doesn't help that the command to make you fall through a platform during his grab (hold down when he grabs you) doesn't work too well online. Either that, or I suck at timing it.

The most you can do is play keep away against a good Raiden player.. which is hard because he's too damn fast. -_-
PSN: Lakizzle23

User Info: Crabhammar

Crabhammar
4 years ago#14
LaKizzle23 posted...
His side grab crumples you. Because of this, he can combo into his level 1 super through a grab. A GRAB. And its not easy to avoid grabs either since its over powered in this game.

It also doesn't help that the command to make you fall through a platform during his grab (hold down when he grabs you) doesn't work too well online. Either that, or I suck at timing it.

The most you can do is play keep away against a good Raiden player.. which is hard because he's too damn fast. -_-

all of this. such BS.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.

User Info: blaze19_0X

blaze19_0X
4 years ago#15
LaKizzle23 posted...

The command is simply to hold down I believe. You can keep holding down so I don't imagine it takes much timing.
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

User Info: PyroSpark

PyroSpark
4 years ago#16
LaKizzle23 posted...

That's a lie. He CANNOT combo into his level 1 from that grab. Stop spreading BS.
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7

User Info: NewVirtue

NewVirtue
4 years ago#17
PyroSpark posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...

That's a lie. He CANNOT combo into his level 1 from that grab. Stop spreading BS.

grab, forward square, super. they dont mean directly. theres a move in the middle.

User Info: LaKizzle23

LaKizzle23
4 years ago#18
blaze19_0X posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...

The command is simply to hold down I believe. You can keep holding down so I don't imagine it takes much timing.

If you hold down before he grabs you, it won't work. And there have been plenty of times where I held down after he grabbed me on a platform and it still didn't trigger.

Maybe lag is a factor?
PSN: Lakizzle23
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Raiden is not overpowered. Just good.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived