Raiden is not overpowered. Just good.

#11Q_BlahPosted 12/1/2012 1:30:10 PM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
Oh yeah I used to have problems with Raiden, but now that I've learned how to deal with him it's fine. I just need to learn how to get around that counter when my friend plays him (spams the hell out of it)

Grab
---
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png
#12blaze19_0XPosted 12/1/2012 1:39:32 PM(edited)
Raiden has 1 decent aerial approach and that's his triangle dive kick,

Wrong.

And his AP gain is some of the best in the game. He can hit confirm several ways into 140+ combos. This includes his forward throw. That's right. He can get 140AP just from a throw + the orbs.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#13LaKizzle23Posted 12/1/2012 1:40:07 PM
His side grab crumples you. Because of this, he can combo into his level 1 super through a grab. A GRAB. And its not easy to avoid grabs either since its over powered in this game.

It also doesn't help that the command to make you fall through a platform during his grab (hold down when he grabs you) doesn't work too well online. Either that, or I suck at timing it.

The most you can do is play keep away against a good Raiden player.. which is hard because he's too damn fast. -_-
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#14CrabhammarPosted 12/1/2012 1:41:06 PM
LaKizzle23 posted...
His side grab crumples you. Because of this, he can combo into his level 1 super through a grab. A GRAB. And its not easy to avoid grabs either since its over powered in this game.

It also doesn't help that the command to make you fall through a platform during his grab (hold down when he grabs you) doesn't work too well online. Either that, or I suck at timing it.

The most you can do is play keep away against a good Raiden player.. which is hard because he's too damn fast. -_-

all of this. such BS.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#15blaze19_0XPosted 12/1/2012 1:41:17 PM
LaKizzle23 posted...

The command is simply to hold down I believe. You can keep holding down so I don't imagine it takes much timing.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#16PyroSparkPosted 12/1/2012 1:56:49 PM
LaKizzle23 posted...

That's a lie. He CANNOT combo into his level 1 from that grab. Stop spreading BS.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#17NewVirtuePosted 12/1/2012 2:17:40 PM
PyroSpark posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...

That's a lie. He CANNOT combo into his level 1 from that grab. Stop spreading BS.

grab, forward square, super. they dont mean directly. theres a move in the middle.
#18LaKizzle23Posted 12/1/2012 3:18:43 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...

The command is simply to hold down I believe. You can keep holding down so I don't imagine it takes much timing.

If you hold down before he grabs you, it won't work. And there have been plenty of times where I held down after he grabbed me on a platform and it still didn't trigger.

Maybe lag is a factor?
---
PSN: Lakizzle23