Upcoming Patch Notes

#21UltimaXOmegaPosted 11/30/2012 3:20:24 PM
Wow Sackboy didn't need a nerf.
Funny the actual OP characters weren't nerfed like Kratos,Sly,Drake and Raiden.
---
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin
Official Rinnegan Masked Man of the UNS3 boards
#22oshawott4everPosted 11/30/2012 3:24:00 PM
Wow, why are they doing nerfs so soon? That's way to ****ing early.
---
http://i42.tinypic.com/5k1z45.gif
http://i43.tinypic.com/34i5q85.gif
#23vanni_boiPosted 11/30/2012 3:25:19 PM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Well those Sackboy nerfs are a start, but Id still say theres a lot more work that can be done =\

Stationary cakes giving 20 AP is still a lot

A lot more? his level 1,2 and 3 take a a lot more AP. But they also nerf his movesets.
As a sackboy main, i personally don't spam cakeinator too much, i like to combo with him so it doesn't affect me too much. But nerfing him more than the patch already suggests would make the character completely undesirable.
---
Brawl FC 5327 1184 8165 (KS - SideB) // PSN: vanniboi
#24Ben_ShinobiPosted 11/30/2012 3:26:07 PM
Heavier Sackboy nerf than I expected, but that should definitely take care of level 3 spam.

gameghy555 posted...
This is good, but only nerfing Sackboy? Kratos and Nariko and Raiden would like to have a word with SuperBot.

Did you seriously just say Nariko? I don't even
---
PSN/NNID: TheSilentShinobi
#25kratosandzelosPosted 11/30/2012 3:28:41 PM
Sackboy was already a solid mid tier, now he's low mid at best. All because they listened to the people who whine about him on FFA (same people who spam one move). Heck, they didn't even nerf it the right way, all it neded was a time nerf, now they made it harder to even get a bar as SB, thus making him terrible.

This is just like when they nerfed Sentinels health because he was to hard for the online scrubs.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#26PhoenixAssassinPosted 11/30/2012 3:29:30 PM
vanni_boi posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Well those Sackboy nerfs are a start, but Id still say theres a lot more work that can be done =\

A lot more? his level 1,2 and 3 take a a lot more AP. But they also nerf his movesets.
As a sackboy main, i personally don't spam cakeinator too much, i like to combo with him so it doesn't affect me too much. But nerfing him more than the patch already suggests would make the character completely undesirable.

relative to other characters his 1 and 2 are still pretty cheap. most of the characters level 1s cost 150. only a few are 100.

jam got knocked down quite a bit, but the cake still gives quite a bit. not much of a change there tbh
---
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak
#27ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/30/2012 3:30:06 PM
vanni_boi posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...

Okay not a LOT more...poor choice of wording on my part

But theres still a bit more room for improvement. We'll have to see how these nerfs play out first, though, before we worry about more
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#28holysquidPosted 11/30/2012 3:30:39 PM
kratosandzelos posted...
Sackboy was already a solid mid tier, now he's low mid at best. All because they listened to the people who whine about him on FFA (same people who spam one move). Heck, they didn't even nerf it the right way, all it neded was a time nerf, now they made it harder to even get a bar as SB, thus making him terrible.

This is just like when they nerfed Sentinels health because he was to hard for the online scrubs.

Mid tier? What the hell are you smoking?
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#29blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 3:33:37 PM(edited)
kratosandzelos posted...

To be honest I highly doubt you've played any good Sackboys in 1 vs 1. He's still dominant there as well. Especially if you're a character with a bad matchup with him who has trouble approaching.

I'll repeat: He's the only character in the game that can win a 1 vs 1 off 1 level 3.

No other level 3 can do this reliably.

Which means he's the only character before this patch who gets a win button at 600AP.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#30Fox0rPosted 11/30/2012 3:31:43 PM
I could see nerfing either the cost or the generated amount of AP per skills, but BOTH?

Give me a break. Pansy scrubs get their way and ruin a perfectly good character. I mained Sackboy, but I also had no problems beating him online because I understood how to counter him. Noobs whine and destroy the metagame. GG.
---
PSN ID: FoxdizzzL
http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/foxdizzzl