Upcoming Patch Notes

#51FurryyifferPosted 11/30/2012 4:44:33 PM
Zanoooo posted...
kratosandzelos posted...
Sackboy was already a solid mid tier, now he's low mid at best. All because they listened to the people who whine about him on FFA (same people who spam one move). Heck, they didn't even nerf it the right way, all it neded was a time nerf, now they made it harder to even get a bar as SB, thus making him terrible.

This is just like when they nerfed Sentinels health because he was to hard for the online scrubs.

Buttfrustrated sackboy main confirmed,

also sent neeeded that health nerf, and he's still a solid character bro. He can make comebacks in xf3, infrit and other players have proved that.

Sent didnt need that health nerf at all, zam. :/
It affected almost nothing with the character. Just made him more frail which wasnt even what noobs thought was wrong with him :/
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#52ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/30/2012 4:45:29 PM
kratosandzelos posted...
I'm not even butt hurt, why would I care if a character I don't main is nerfed. I'm simply stating that was a mistake.

Yes it was an auto win button, but I've never let them get close. Jam Session can be punished full screen into an easy 130 AP combo off dive kick.

I guess Ill never understand what people saw in him that made him OP because of the wahmbulance nerfing him though.

Clearly, you care. Quite a lot in fact. :3
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#53LaKizzle23Posted 11/30/2012 4:45:31 PM
Wow. Shouldn't jam session be 20 ap and the cake 10 ap?

That seemed like the most logical approach to a Sackboy nerf since everyone is always spamming that damn cake move. The jam ain't even that effective. Its the cake. -_-

Well at least his ap requirements rose.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#54Fox0rPosted 11/30/2012 4:46:34 PM
It is funny they nerfed jam session, when the cakinator is what everyone uses. I never used jam session. It was slow and harder to aim. Only nerfing the cake 5 AP isn't too bad a deal...I guess maybe it isn't too bad of a nerf.
---
PSN ID: FoxdizzzL
http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/foxdizzzl
#55blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 4:47:41 PM(edited)
kratosandzelos posted...
I'm not even butt hurt, why would I care if a character I don't main is nerfed. I'm simply stating that was a mistake.

Yes it was an auto win button, but I've never let them get close. Jam Session can be punished full screen into an easy 130 AP combo off dive kick.

I guess Ill never understand what people saw in him that made him OP because of the wahmbulance nerfing him though.

Are you seriously arguing Sackboy was not OP because you beat a few (probably) bad Sackboys as Raiden? Or because that particular matchup is okay for Raiden? Aka, another top tier?

>_>

Hey guys Metaknight is completely balanced. Ice Cilmbers go even with him on Final Destination! How could he possibly be broken?
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#56ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/30/2012 4:47:14 PM
Furryyiffer posted...
Zanoooo posted...
kratosandzelos posted...
Sackboy was already a solid mid tier, now he's low mid at best. All because they listened to the people who whine about him on FFA (same people who spam one move). Heck, they didn't even nerf it the right way, all it neded was a time nerf, now they made it harder to even get a bar as SB, thus making him terrible.

This is just like when they nerfed Sentinels health because he was to hard for the online scrubs.

Buttfrustrated sackboy main confirmed,

also sent neeeded that health nerf, and he's still a solid character bro. He can make comebacks in xf3, infrit and other players have proved that.

Sent didnt need that health nerf at all, zam. :/
It affected almost nothing with the character. Just made him more frail which wasnt even what noobs thought was wrong with him :/

It made the punishment for his mistakes more severe, which technically effects the character. He can still do everything he did, he just gets away with it less post-nerf.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#57ZanooooPosted 11/30/2012 4:48:38 PM
kratosandzelos posted...

butthurt as ****
---
Gamertag: WhereIsMegaman
PSN: WhereIsProtoman
#58NitebreakerPosted 11/30/2012 4:51:46 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Nitebreaker posted...
Did I just read that Nariko is overpowered? Lol. The only overpowered characters are Sackboy, Sly, and to a lesser extent, Kratos. Sackboy has been properly dealt with, so now only Sly and Kratos are left.

sly isnt even used very often.

Speak for yourself. I run into more Slys than most other characters, including Sackboys.
---
PSN- Nitebreaker015
#59vital_tundraPosted 11/30/2012 4:56:40 PM
People don't think Sackboy is OP because "they" can beat him. That is some strong logic!
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#60blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 4:59:00 PM
At any rate, this fixes Sackboy. He's still a viable character, he just requires a lot more effort now.

Now obviously some people might argue that they should have "let the metagame progressed" so people could have figured out how to beat Sackboy naturally but it's not that simple. Sometimes it's really obvious when a character is too OP just objectively look at their tools.

People have been waiting for Metaknight to be "figured out" for the last 5 years. Some characters are just objectively too strong. In fact I'd argue that as he is, Sackboy would only become stronger as time progressed just like MK (who has won like the last 4 nationals and is more dominant than ever).

Most people don't even realize how good Sackboy's tech chase game is or how easy it is for him to escape pressure with the warp portal. He's still got a ton of potential.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale