Upcoming Patch Notes

#61blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 4:59:48 PM
vital_tundra posted...
People don't think Sackboy is OP because "they" can beat him. That is some strong logic!

I say Sackboy is OP even though I can beat him.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#62CChoochPosted 11/30/2012 5:01:19 PM
Just because I can repeatedly smack dumb Sackpeople in the head with Parappa's skateboard doesn't mean he didn't need to be toned down.

He's still really good. The main problem with him wasn't even really solved. They just put a band-aid on it.
---
PSN: RadRed
#63FaustianLogixPosted 11/30/2012 5:01:26 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
At any rate, this fixes Sackboy. He's still a viable character, he just requires a lot more effort now.

Now obviously some people might argue that they should have "let the metagame progressed" so people could have figured out how to beat Sackboy naturally but it's not that simple. Sometimes it's really obvious when a character is too OP just objectively look at their tools.

People have been waiting for Metaknight to be "figured out" for the last 5 years. Some characters are just objectively too strong. In fact I'd argue that as he is, Sackboy would only become stronger as time progressed just like MK (who has won like the last 4 nationals and is more dominant than ever).

Most people don't even realize how good Sackboy's tech chase game is or how easy it is for him to escape pressure with the warp portal. He's still got a ton of potential.

This this this this this this this.

Sackboy has some much potential still and I haven't even scratched the surface of what he does with all my poking.
---
PSN - FelixxFaust | http://faust-tldr.blogspot.com/
Twitch.tv/Player_F | @FaustianLogix for streaming updates.
#64sworderPosted 11/30/2012 5:02:13 PM
Good patch. Sackboy is still a viable option and a really good player should be capable of competing with him against anyone.

He'll just actually take some skill to use instead of winning by mindless spam.
#65StaticnovaPosted 11/30/2012 5:04:00 PM
People attacking the nerf; keep in mind that just because Sackboy can be beaten under the right circumstances doesn't mean he isn't overpowered.

There is no excuse for a level 3 that good, especially for an AP gain so large and an AP requirement so small.

Changes I hope for next:

- No auto-aim on Kratos' Forward Square.
- Better AP gain for some of Jak's moves.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars
#66vital_tundraPosted 11/30/2012 5:06:34 PM
Staticnova posted...
People attacking the nerf; keep in mind that just because Sackboy can be beaten under the right circumstances doesn't mean he isn't overpowered.

There is no excuse for a level 3 that good, especially for an AP gain so large and an AP requirement so small.

Changes I hope for next:

- No auto-aim on Kratos' Forward Square.
- Better AP gain for some of Jak's moves.

Yeh that nerf and buff sound about right :)
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#67FurryyifferPosted 11/30/2012 5:09:06 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
Zanoooo posted...
kratosandzelos posted...
Sackboy was already a solid mid tier, now he's low mid at best. All because they listened to the people who whine about him on FFA (same people who spam one move). Heck, they didn't even nerf it the right way, all it neded was a time nerf, now they made it harder to even get a bar as SB, thus making him terrible.

This is just like when they nerfed Sentinels health because he was to hard for the online scrubs.

Buttfrustrated sackboy main confirmed,

also sent neeeded that health nerf, and he's still a solid character bro. He can make comebacks in xf3, infrit and other players have proved that.

Sent didnt need that health nerf at all, zam. :/
It affected almost nothing with the character. Just made him more frail which wasnt even what noobs thought was wrong with him :/

It made the punishment for his mistakes more severe, which technically effects the character. He can still do everything he did, he just gets away with it less post-nerf.

That would be true if he wasnt mid tier at best on point, zam. He was only exceptionally good as an assist with the drones. The nerf ended up affecting almost nothing. The noobs who couldnt beat him before the nerf still could barely beat him after it and he became ever so slightly less good in pro play.
It didnt fix what was thought to be the problem.

Here with the sackboy nerfs a lot of it seems to have missed the major point of his power, his level 3 itself. The AP gain on his attacks isnt really all that special and the problem with the traps and everything was people letting him set it up instead of hounding him. But his level 3 itself was too powerful. Having the characters spawn back as normal instead of bubbles or shortening the timer on it would have made it much less of a problem.

Putting down the AP and increasing the AP needed isnt going to stop him from trying to set up and spam since thats what a good portion of his moveset is there to do. It just makes him have to do it more for the most part.
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#68ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/30/2012 5:09:52 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
vital_tundra posted...
People don't think Sackboy is OP because "they" can beat him. That is some strong logic!

I've actually never had a problem with Sackboy as Sweet Tooth, but I think that's more-so because most Sackboy-players don't know how to handle Sweet Tooth's close-range game. I actually find Drake a lot more annoying, but I'll readily say Sackboy needed a nerf before Drake is ever potentially touched.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#69rumbalumbaPosted 11/30/2012 5:13:31 PM
pwahahahahah. oh god. now the system they so try to shove down our throats is suddenly showing its flaws. they can just adjust AP, but they don't adjust the moves. rofl.

also, lol @ not nerfing Kratos. i know they like Santa Monica so much, but come on.
#70vital_tundraPosted 11/30/2012 5:15:39 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
vital_tundra posted...

I've actually never had a problem with Sackboy as Sweet Tooth, but I think that's more-so because most Sackboy-players don't know how to handle Sweet Tooth's close-range game. I actually find Drake a lot more annoying, but I'll readily say Sackboy needed a nerf before Drake is ever potentially touched.

I think Drakes AK needs less stunning capability. I mean he can already move around while doing it sooo...
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.