Upcoming Patch Notes

#71ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/30/2012 5:18:36 PM
Furryyiffer posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
Zanoooo posted...
kratosandzelos posted...
Sackboy was already a solid mid tier, now he's low mid at best. All because they listened to the people who whine about him on FFA (same people who spam one move). Heck, they didn't even nerf it the right way, all it neded was a time nerf, now they made it harder to even get a bar as SB, thus making him terrible.

This is just like when they nerfed Sentinels health because he was to hard for the online scrubs.

Buttfrustrated sackboy main confirmed,

also sent neeeded that health nerf, and he's still a solid character bro. He can make comebacks in xf3, infrit and other players have proved that.

Sent didnt need that health nerf at all, zam. :/
It affected almost nothing with the character. Just made him more frail which wasnt even what noobs thought was wrong with him :/

It made the punishment for his mistakes more severe, which technically effects the character. He can still do everything he did, he just gets away with it less post-nerf.

That would be true if he wasnt mid tier at best on point, zam. He was only exceptionally good as an assist with the drones. The nerf ended up affecting almost nothing. The noobs who couldnt beat him before the nerf still could barely beat him after it and he became ever so slightly less good in pro play.
It didnt fix what was thought to be the problem.

Here with the sackboy nerfs a lot of it seems to have missed the major point of his power, his level 3 itself. The AP gain on his attacks isnt really all that special and the problem with the traps and everything was people letting him set it up instead of hounding him. But his level 3 itself was too powerful. Having the characters spawn back as normal instead of bubbles or shortening the timer on it would have made it much less of a problem.

Putting down the AP and increasing the AP needed isnt going to stop him from trying to set up and spam since thats what a good portion of his moveset is there to do. It just makes him have to do it more for the most part.

I think I prefer this a lot more than I do simply changing his level 3. A Sackboy that isn't getting his level 3 by mid-game anymore will be a lot easier to put down before he -ever- gets it, and as-is, if he manages to get that level 3 even after the nerf he probably deserves it. He might have the best level 3 in the game even post-nerf, but when it becomes one of the hardest to get to then I think it balances out.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#72PyroSparkPosted 11/30/2012 5:19:53 PM
I approve.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#73Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 5:32:17 PM
I really don't think his level 1 and level 2 supers needed to be nerfed as well, though.

This is kind of what I was worried about - they went a little too far. The main problem was his egregiously overpowered level 3. They took care of that (but not in the right way, it's still gonna be extremely overpowered whenenver he gets to it), but in the process they also needlessly nerfed his 1 and 2.

Ahh well, it'll be interesting to see how these pan out. If nothing else, people will stop flocking to him online because people always run away from any character that gets nerfed.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#74FurryyifferPosted 11/30/2012 5:33:05 PM
Thats might be true, zam. I just hope this doesnt end up being a knee jerk nerf that doesnt fix the problem :/
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#75indigna7ionPosted 11/30/2012 6:10:00 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
I really don't think his level 1 and level 2 supers needed to be nerfed as well, though.

This is kind of what I was worried about - they went a little too far. The main problem was his egregiously overpowered level 3. They took care of that (but not in the right way, it's still gonna be extremely overpowered whenenver he gets to it), but in the process they also needlessly nerfed his 1 and 2.

Ahh well, it'll be interesting to see how these pan out. If nothing else, people will stop flocking to him online because people always run away from any character that gets nerfed.

They should take all the extra ap they put on the lvl 1 and 2 supers and add them on the level 3 instead. His level 1 is crap anyway and his level 2 is good. At least then you can play more rush (for level 1 and 2) or more camp (for level 3).
#76SantaeidPosted 11/30/2012 6:24:46 PM
I think some Raiden and Kratos nerfs are needed and sackboys level 3 needs more nerf. Drake has the same thing with the zombies but they actually have a chance to escape and move faster and can jumnp unlike bubbles. Maybe the bubbles need to be moved faster.

Also I am fine with the slow nerfing to make sure nothing goes out of wack.
---
If you like playing games for fun & don't care for KDR then come join my clan. Where peps like u and me can hangout and have fun. http://hobos.comze.com
#77doraemonllh1989Posted 11/30/2012 8:09:28 PM
great patch,im sure there will be more patches in the future:)
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#78PhantasyStar23Posted 11/30/2012 8:28:38 PM
gameghy555 posted...
This is good, but only nerfing Sackboy? Kratos and Nariko and Raiden would like to have a word with SuperBot.

there's nothin wrong with Raiden, leave him alone
---
GT: PhantazyStar | PSN: PhantasyStar23
Japanese Dubs: Raw passion | English Dubs: Actual personality
#79GunzleaderPosted 11/30/2012 8:30:38 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
Welp, everybody got that Sackboy nerf they wanted.

Nothing else too great...

gonna cry about it? just get over it...
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#80NewMoonShadowPosted 11/30/2012 8:32:11 PM
PhantasyStar23 posted...
gameghy555 posted...
This is good, but only nerfing Sackboy? Kratos and Nariko and Raiden would like to have a word with SuperBot.

there's nothin wrong with Raiden, leave him alone

And since when is Nariko considered OP? Is she the latest to get shouted at?