Why are they nerfing Sackboy like this?

#1SaikyoBroPosted 11/30/2012 5:34:05 PM
This is seriously just...bad. Did Sackboy need a nerf? Yeah. His Level 3 was way too good. There were a few ways they could've done it; make bubbles faster, make opponents respawn outside bubbles so they could get away or fight back, make the AP orbs give less meter or get rid of them entirely, etc. Other than that he was fine. Like, I know a lot of you guys are playing this like SSB and have no idea how to deal with a keepaway character, but that's how Sackboy is SUPPOSED to play. What do you guys want him to do? He's garbage upclose, his gadgets and traps are destructible, and his level 1 and level 2 actually take a lot of thought to use effectively.

However, what do they do? Instead of making his level 3 less effective, they make it impossible to get. Seriously? 150 more AP? That isn't that bad tbh, but they also made Jam Session worthless and nerfed cakeinator, his two best moves. And I don't mean best moves like "wow they're broken, patch them", I mean they're his best moves because that's what he builds his gameplan around. Landing his projectiles from a distance. But now he gets less than half the meter he used to from jam session and less on cakeinator too. It's going to be really, really hard to get a level 3 in a timed match now. Seriously, I have no idea how it's going to be done unless none of your opponents have any idea how to throw or use items and you're in a stage practically built for Sackboy. They COMPLETELY missed the point in nerfing him and now he's going to be significantly worse in FFA and literally almost worthless in 1v1 and 2v2.

Sackboy wasn't the best character by any stretch of the imagination. Kratos is broken. At first I thought he was just really easy to use, but it's been months since the first beta and nobody's found a way to work around him. He builds meter really quickly, his level 1 and level 2 are both REALLY easy to catch someone off guard with, has amazing range, he's the easiest character to combo with, he's just ridiculous. His forward square gets him a fair amount of AP, has really good range, tracks you down, and sends you flying across the screen. I know he's meant to be easy to play, but he has a move for every situation and it's unfair. Raiden, Ratchet, and Sly all have 3 amazing supers and build meter at a good rate, while Sackboy's only REALLY good super is his level 3, and that's going to be really hard to get to now with these nerfs. I'd even say Radec is better. His sniper is better than both of Sackboy's projectiles, and after this patch it'll gain 3x as much meter as jam session, in addition to having better range and coming out quicker.

The most insulting part is they increased the meter for his Level 1 and Level 2 too. Like, honestly, what were they thinking? His level 1 can be comboed into from shock panel and his level 2 is good when everyone's around him, but still he can't pass 3 kills with any of his supers but level 3 and they both take really good timing to use properly. Why are they doing this? Why are they patching the game less than 2 weeks into release? This seriously doesn't even make any sense. When MvC3 came out, everyone cried because Sentinel was broken, and he was nerfed prematurely. A bit later everyone realized he wasn't even that bad. Then when Ultimate MvC3 came out, everyone was crying about how Wesker was broken and needed a nerf, but he never got one. And now he's not considered as much of a problem. Over time, people find ways to get around characters in fighting games. Sackboy is MEANT to be a long-range keepaway character, what do you expect? His level 3 needed a nerf, but these are so weird and out of nowhere. I swear, if you guys had waited another couple months before crying about how Sackboy was ridiculously broken less than a week into the game, you wouldn't have much of a problem with him at all. This nerf is going to kill Sackboy, mark my words. I'll keep playing as him, but it's going to be way harder.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but these premature nerfs...lol.
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 11/30/2012 5:35:57 PM(edited)
as i said earlier the only thing that needed a nerf was his ap gain, nerf projectiles from 25 to 15 on both cake and jelly, and they did 20 and 10 which equates to the same thing. so all i can say is tough, you have to do more than throw cake now =P
#3PyroSparkPosted 11/30/2012 5:36:06 PM
tl;dr

But I am going to say, the only thing they needed to nerf on him, was his level 3. After you get killed the first time, you should spawn normally. You know, like every other level 3.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#4blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 5:37:05 PM
Like, I know a lot of you guys are playing this like SSB and have no idea how to deal with a keepaway character,

Almost all top tiers in Brawl are keep away characters.

So I stopped reading here as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#5Retroxgamer0Posted 11/30/2012 5:38:00 PM(edited)
PyroSpark posted...
tl;dr

But I am going to say, the only thing they needed to nerf on him, was his level 3. After you get killed the first time, you should spawn normally. You know, like every other level 3.

so you want sackboys lvl3 to be a screen clear you have to work for? that doesnt make any sense... youre essentially saying that its the strongest, it should be the weakest super?
#6sworderPosted 11/30/2012 5:37:49 PM
SaikyoBro posted...
This nerf is going to kill Sackboy, mark my words.

I hope so.

Then I can actually use him because I love Sackboy and LBP, not because every noob rushes to the OP character.
#7Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 5:37:55 PM
They really shouldn't have nerfed his level 1, that wasn't the problem at all. If people fell into one of your traps and you were able to follow it up with a level 1, that was completely their fault.

It's all good, the character's still gonna be strong. These nerfs just seem misplaced.

I'm completely fine with his level 3 being 750 ap, but was anyone really complaining about his level 1? O_o
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#8SaikyoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:38:32 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Like, I know a lot of you guys are playing this like SSB and have no idea how to deal with a keepaway character,

Almost all top tiers in Brawl are keep away characters.

So I stopped reading here as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

yes meta-knight is a keepaway character how foolish of me
#9LexithaniusPosted 11/30/2012 5:39:01 PM
You won't be able to reach Sackboy's lvl 3 every game now, you say?

Good.@__@
---
Put dat mayonnaise on yo child.
PSN-WatchfulShadow/Lexithanius
#10Retroxgamer0Posted 11/30/2012 5:56:51 PM(edited)
Chzrm3 posted...
They really shouldn't have nerfed his level 1, that wasn't the problem at all. If people fell into one of your traps and you were able to follow it up with a level 1, that was completely their fault.

It's all good, the character's still gonna be strong. These nerfs just seem misplaced.

I'm completely fine with his level 3 being 750 ap, but was anyone really complaining about his level 1? O_o

this nerf is PERFECTLY balanced, it is exactly what i said they should do, down to the numbers, an hour ago. superbot knows what theyre doing. either that or theyre reading my topics :O <3