Why are they nerfing Sackboy like this?

#11blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 5:40:30 PM
SaikyoBro posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Like, I know a lot of you guys are playing this like SSB and have no idea how to deal with a keepaway character,

Almost all top tiers in Brawl are keep away characters.

So I stopped reading here as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

yes meta-knight is a keepaway character how foolish of me

Actually he is.

Again next time don't make allusions to things you don't understand.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#123D3Posted 11/30/2012 5:40:56 PM
HAHA suck it Burlap Sack! Now it will actually take some skill to win with him.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#13Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 5:41:15 PM
Lexithanius posted...
You won't be able to reach Sackboy's lvl 3 every game now, you say?

Good.@__@

If you're talking about ranked 2 v 2 matches, I'll be able to np. My go-to combos as Sackboy didn't involve his jelly at all, and although they both finished with the cake, that only constitutes a nerf of about 5 ap, so it's not a big deal. I've had ranked 2 v 2 matches where I get to his level 3 twice. : P

If you mean 1 v 1s, I went for either level 1 set ups or free kills with the level 2 once people started playing 1v1s with 2 stocks. And I'm not really sure why those needed to be nerfed. ~_~
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#14FaustianLogixPosted 11/30/2012 5:41:33 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
They really shouldn't have nerfed his level 1, that wasn't the problem at all. If people fell into one of your traps and you were able to follow it up with a level 1, that was completely their fault.

It's all good, the character's still gonna be strong. These nerfs just seem misplaced.

I'm completely fine with his level 3 being 750 ap, but was anyone really complaining about his level 1? O_o

nope wrong again, this nerf is PERFECTLY balanced, it is exactly what i said they should do, down to the numbers, an hour ago. superbot knows what theyre doing. either that or theyre reading my topics :O <3

You went from suggesting different numbers, to suggesting a slightly different set of numbers, to thinking your numbers are their numbers?

Dude you need to chill. I've seen you post 3 different things that aren't Superbot's numbers at all.
---
PSN - FelixxFaust | http://faust-tldr.blogspot.com/
Twitch.tv/Player_F | @FaustianLogix for streaming updates.
#15Camjo_ZPosted 11/30/2012 5:43:00 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
SaikyoBro posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Like, I know a lot of you guys are playing this like SSB and have no idea how to deal with a keepaway character,

Actually he is.

>Meta-Knight is a keepaway character

ahahahahahaha

How about you drop the elitist attitude, no he's not and Saikyobro makes a good point. While I think this won't totally kill Sackboy or anything, I agree there were better ways to nerf him.
#16PyroSparkPosted 11/30/2012 5:43:34 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
SaikyoBro posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Actually he is.

Actually, he's not in the slightest, and you have no idea what keepaway means.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#17AerodarPosted 11/30/2012 5:43:53 PM
This may sound sad but sackboy users will try try to get into their corner and spam ranged. I'm glad this nerf happened, even though I do feel a little bad for some of you that did have skill with him and used him in close combat, you have only the spammers to blame for this fix.
---
"It is what it is."
#18Gsus_94Posted 11/30/2012 5:45:39 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
PyroSpark posted...
tl;dr

But I am going to say, the only thing they needed to nerf on him, was his level 3. After you get killed the first time, you should spawn normally. You know, like every other level 3.

so you want sackboys lvl3 to be a screen clear you have to work for? that doesnt make any sense... youre essentially saying that its the strongest, it should be the weakest super?

Lol it is the strongest and he didn't say it should be the weakest super, he clearly stated it should be "like every other level 3." You just don't want to read and you quoted him.
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311
#19Retroxgamer0Posted 11/30/2012 5:48:43 PM(edited)
FaustianLogix posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
They really shouldn't have nerfed his level 1, that wasn't the problem at all. If people fell into one of your traps and you were able to follow it up with a level 1, that was completely their fault.

It's all good, the character's still gonna be strong. These nerfs just seem misplaced.

I'm completely fine with his level 3 being 750 ap, but was anyone really complaining about his level 1? O_o

nope wrong again, this nerf is PERFECTLY balanced, it is exactly what i said they should do, down to the numbers, an hour ago. superbot knows what theyre doing. either that or theyre reading my topics :O <3

You went from suggesting different numbers, to suggesting a slightly different set of numbers, to thinking your numbers are their numbers?

Dude you need to chill. I've seen you post 3 different things that aren't Superbot's numbers at all.

i said cake should be 15 jelly should be 15, they did 20 and 10 which is the same thing ap-wise, and i said they should not nerf his super just the time it takes to get to it, and they upped the cost. thats ALL they needed to do to him now hes perfect. hes still powerful but hes not overpowered. most of the suggestions im reading would make sackboy useless. make his lvl3 a screen clear you have to work for with a raised cost and it takes 40 cakes to do it? then whats the point of using his lvl3 at all? you can get a surefire kill off his lvl2.
#20blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 5:49:56 PM(edited)
Hey do any of you play Brawl competitively? How about traditional fighting games?
No? Then at least have common sense to realize you don't understand what these concepts mean.

A character does not need projectiles to be a keep away character.
Also top tiers in Brawl are:

1. MK 2. Olimar 3. Diddy Kong 4. Icys 5. Snake 6. Falco

Olimar, Diddy Kong, Snake and Falco all have extremely strong projectile camp games even if you guys were right, which you are not.

Brawl is a VERY heavy camping and keep away game. To suggest otherwise is idiotic.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale