Why are they nerfing Sackboy like this?

#21Poultrygeist13Posted 11/30/2012 4:49:32 PM
Shall I paraphrase the TC's original post?

"I hate this nerf because I may no longer get two level 3's per match by spamming!"
---
I can never say no to anyone but you.
#22ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/30/2012 4:50:30 PM(edited)
Why is it that everyone seems to be in agreement with the nerf, except for Sackboy mains lol

Even I, who use Sackboy a lot, say that the nerf is decent. He's still completely useable

I cant take TC seriously, especially when he said Kratos was broken. Why? Because of the unsafe forward square? Boo hoo.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#23AerodarPosted 11/30/2012 4:49:40 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Hey do any of you play Brawl competitively? How about traditional fighting games?

No? Then at least have common sense to realize you don't understand what these concepts mean.

A character does not need projectiles to be a keep away character.

Also top tiers in Brawl are:

1. MK 2. Olimar 3. Diddy Kong 4. Icys 5. Snake 6. Falco

Olimar, Diddy Kong, Snake and Falco all have extremely strong projectile camp games even if you guys were right, which you are not.

Brawl is a VERY heavy camping and keep away game.

Lucas will destroy those characters and Wolf is considered hardcore too
---
"It is what it is."
#24FaustianLogixPosted 11/30/2012 4:52:11 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
FaustianLogix posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
They really shouldn't have nerfed his level 1, that wasn't the problem at all. If people fell into one of your traps and you were able to follow it up with a level 1, that was completely their fault.

It's all good, the character's still gonna be strong. These nerfs just seem misplaced.

I'm completely fine with his level 3 being 750 ap, but was anyone really complaining about his level 1? O_o

nope wrong again, this nerf is PERFECTLY balanced, it is exactly what i said they should do, down to the numbers, an hour ago. superbot knows what theyre doing. either that or theyre reading my topics :O <3

You went from suggesting different numbers, to suggesting a slightly different set of numbers, to thinking your numbers are their numbers?

Dude you need to chill. I've seen you post 3 different things that aren't Superbot's numbers at all.

i said cake should be 15 jelly should be 15, they did 20 and 10 which is the same thing ap-wise, and i said they should not nerf his super just the time it takes to get to it, and they upped the cost. thats ALL they needed to do to him now hes perfect. hes still powerful but hes not overpowered. most of the suggestions im reading would make sackboy useless. make his lvl3 a screen clear you have to work for with a raised cost and it takes 40 cakes to do it? then whats the point of using his lvl3 at all? you can get a surefire kill off his lvl2.

I don't even know where to start with you. Your opinion changes so much across the tons of griping topics you make daily that it's an exercise in futility posting in response to you. I'm just going to save myself the trouble at this point and, like I've done to many of your ilk, just make you disappear from my screen.
---
PSN - FelixxFaust | http://faust-tldr.blogspot.com/
Twitch.tv/Player_F | @FaustianLogix for streaming updates.
#25EnglishLanguagPosted 11/30/2012 4:52:24 PM
The "nerf" doesn't make him any less "broken", it just means I have to stall the game longer to get my level 3s off. More time to get more people raged by my cake spam is fine with me.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#26Chzrm3Posted 11/30/2012 4:53:54 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
FaustianLogix posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
They really shouldn't have nerfed his level 1, that wasn't the problem at all. If people fell into one of your traps and you were able to follow it up with a level 1, that was completely their fault.

It's all good, the character's still gonna be strong. These nerfs just seem misplaced.

I'm completely fine with his level 3 being 750 ap, but was anyone really complaining about his level 1? O_o

nope wrong again, this nerf is PERFECTLY balanced, it is exactly what i said they should do, down to the numbers, an hour ago. superbot knows what theyre doing. either that or theyre reading my topics :O <3

You went from suggesting different numbers, to suggesting a slightly different set of numbers, to thinking your numbers are their numbers?

Dude you need to chill. I've seen you post 3 different things that aren't Superbot's numbers at all.

i said cake should be 15 jelly should be 15, they did 20 and 10 which is the same thing ap-wise, and i said they should not nerf his super just the time it takes to get to it, and they upped the cost. thats ALL they needed to do to him now hes perfect. hes still powerful but hes not overpowered. most of the suggestions im reading would make sackboy useless. make his lvl3 a screen clear you have to work for with a raised cost and it takes 40 cakes to do it? then whats the point of using his lvl3 at all? you can get a surefire kill off his lvl2.

Yeah, but they also upped the cost for level 1 and level 2, and I don't think that was warranted at all. They could've left 1 and 2 exactly the same and just made level 3 750 AP. That, combined with the cake and jelly nerf, would've been plenty.

If he was still a problem after that, they could explore more options, but I don't think anybody had a problem with his level 1, considering how unreliable it was to get kills with it except for the few characters he can kill with an up throw, such as BD. But Raiden can kill everyone with one of his throws + a super, so I can't imagine they had a problem with Sackboy getting kills off a throw + a super on a select few characters.

And the level 2? Just seems odd. It's one of those supers that punishes people for clumping up, much like Nate and Nariko's level 1's. In 1 v 1, it's a pretty safe kill, but how many level 2's aren't a safe kill in 1 v 1? I mean, Jak? XD

I dunno. This actually motivates me to play him more - I'd been playing a lot of Spike lately because all the Sackboy Q_Q was making me not enjoy playing him, but now that he's being toned down and people seem to be reveling in it, I'm just gonna work harder at kicking ass with him. >: D
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#27SaikyoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:56:24 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Hey do any of you play Brawl competitively? How about traditional fighting games?
No? Then at least have common sense to realize you don't understand what these concepts mean.

Olimar, Diddy Kong, Snake and Falco all have extremely strong projectile camp games even if you guys were right, which you are not.

Brawl is a VERY heavy camping and keep away game. To suggest otherwise is idiotic.

Hey listen, I know you really, really want to sound like you know what you're talking about, but you don't. I don't play competitive Brawl so I'm not going to get into a debate about that, but if you think Meta Knight (considered one of the most broken characters in FG history) in SSBB (a game intentionally meant to be uncompetitive) is meant to be played as keepaway (despite having exceptional mobility, no projectiles, and being based around speed and powerful hits) then I'll just leave you to think that by yourself. Either way, has no comparison with Sackboy in PSAS at all.
#28blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 5:04:54 PM(edited)
SaikyoBro posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Brawl is a VERY heavy camping and keep away game. To suggest otherwise is idiotic.

Hey listen, I know you really, really want to sound like you know what you're talking about, but you don't. I don't play competitive Brawl so I'm not going to get into a debate about that, but if you think Meta Knight (considered one of the most broken characters in FG history) in SSBB (a game intentionally meant to be uncompetitive) is meant to be played as keepaway (despite having exceptional mobility, no projectiles, and being based around speed and powerful hits) then I'll just leave you to think that by yourself. Either way, has no comparison with Sackboy in PSAS at all.

Ask literally any competitive Brawl player and they will tell you MK has one of the strongest keep away games.

I'm not going to into detail because you clearly can't even understand simple concepts.
I repeat: A character does not need projectiles to have a strong keep away game. To suggest this is idiotic.

Like, I know a lot of you guys are playing this like SSB and have no idea how to deal with a keepaway character,

I also repeat: Literally 4 of the 6 best characters in the game have insanely good projectiles. So you are wrong either way even if that's your (wrong) definition of keep away.

Just accept your ignorance and move on. You don't understand as I do because you've already admitted you don't follow the competitive scene. You are a casual smash fan. Arguing things regarding mechanics with me is pointless.

---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#29EnglishLanguagPosted 11/30/2012 5:01:20 PM
As for the topic, Sackboy's getting nerfed because people refuse to learn how to fight him or because players are bad, neither of which are a good basis for determing how broken a character is. Just watch, now that Sackboy is "nerfed", everyone's going to find somnethign else to latch onto and cry about.

Hell, already got 2-3 topics about Kratos' forward square now.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#30SSBM PichuPosted 11/30/2012 5:03:41 PM
They upped Sackboy's level 1 and 2 to match the AP of other characters. Kratos, Raiden, Ratchet, Fat Princess and others have the same AP requirements for their supers as Sackboy does. Honestly. If you use Sackboy's moves beyond his projectiles you won't have a problem getting to whatever level you want. It's going to be fine. Don't let this get you down. Everyone will still complain about Sackboy no matter what happens.
---
-Won't change this sig until Sengoku Basara characters are in a Capcom fighting game. Sengoku Basara X doesn't count.- (October 2012)