Why are they nerfing Sackboy like this?

#31LaKizzle23Posted 11/30/2012 5:06:48 PM
SaikyoBro posted...
What do you guys want him to do? He's garbage upclose, his gadgets and traps are destructible, and his level 1 and level 2 actually take a lot of thought to use effectively..

Garbage up close you say? He has a few AP burst (100+ AP) combos. Not to mention his broken shock trap. Sackboy is a camping beast but he can also be deadly at close range.

You probably haven't met a good Sackboy player yet. This nerf won't mean sh*t to them.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#32Ludacris01Posted 11/30/2012 5:08:15 PM
People really dont know what keep away means. Meta Knight gets one kill, and can spend the rest of the match running away to run out the clock, by flying under the stage, knocking the opponent back as needed, etc. Has nothing to do with projectiles. Just because you can do a rush down game with MK doesn't mean he couldn't do a keep away style either

What you people are thinking of is zoning, where you keep the opponent in a certain space, which is usually where projectiles come in handy

That being said, SaikyoBro has complained about nonsense on other boards before, so don't waste TOO much time trying to argue with him.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#33blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 5:10:47 PM(edited)
Ludacris01 posted...
People really dont know what keep away means. Meta Knight gets one kill, and can spend the rest of the match running away to run out the clock, by flying under the stage, knocking the opponent back as needed, etc. Has nothing to do with projectiles. Just because you can do a rush down game with MK doesn't mean he couldn't do a keep away style either

What you people are thinking of is zoning, where you keep the opponent in a certain space, which is usually where projectiles come in handy

That being said, SaikyoBro has complained about nonsense on other boards before, so don't waste TOO much time trying to argue with him.

Thank you. Finally someone that knows what they're talking about regarding keep away.

MK's ability to glide under the stage and plank the ledge forever mean they specifically had to devise rules against both these things to keep him legal. And even then he can still do it to some extent not to mention down air camp forever.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#34WSPro17Posted 11/30/2012 5:09:46 PM
Sackboys AP ratios were high and his Super costs were low. They haven't touched the power of the character or his ability to camp a corner. His L3 retains its power but now holding out for it will be more of a gamble, as most L3s should be. If this is truly the deathknell for Sackie, I will start playing him. It's funny people complain without having tried the changes.

They were awfully generous not lower cake AP to 15.
#35EnglishLanguagPosted 11/30/2012 5:11:37 PM(edited)
LaKizzle23 posted...
SaikyoBro posted...
What do you guys want him to do? He's garbage upclose, his gadgets and traps are destructible, and his level 1 and level 2 actually take a lot of thought to use effectively..

Garbage up close you say? He has a few AP burst (100+ AP) combos. Not to mention his broken shock trap. Sackboy is a camping beast but he can also be deadly at close range.

You probably haven't met a good Sackboy player yet. This nerf won't mean sh*t to them.

This.

Not to mention since since spam gets you less AP, they have incentive to spam more now.(Since the same amount gets you less, you need more spam to get how much you used to).
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#36Ludacris01Posted 11/30/2012 5:11:02 PM
LaKizzle23 posted...
SaikyoBro posted...

Yeah I use Sackboy from time to time, and he's capable of handling an up close game, though not as good as Raiden or someone.

As I said before, SaikyoBro has whined and cried on other boards before
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#37SaikyoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:12:33 PM(edited)
Ludacris01 posted...

Ok, ok, I'm sorry.

Replace all instances of the word keepaway with zoning. It doesn't make a difference at all.

And what are you talking about whining on other boards? I posted about 5 times on the UMvC3 board and I don't recall any whining about balancing, I think you have me confused for someone else.
#38blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 5:12:06 PM
SaikyoBro posted...
Ludacris01 posted...

Ok, ok, I'm sorry.

Replace all instances of the word keepaway with zoning. It doesn't make a difference at all.

You'd still be wrong because then you'd be saying Smash has no zoning characters.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#39EnglishLanguagPosted 11/30/2012 5:12:51 PM
Ludacris01 posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...
SaikyoBro posted...

Yeah I use Sackboy from time to time, and he's capable of handling an up close game, though not as good as Raiden or someone.

As I said before, SaikyoBro has whined and cried on other boards before

Semi-related, I managed to piss off a Raiden by dodging his level 1 by standing completely still, then suplexing him.(not really pissed off, more of a joking "What the hell!?" deal)
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#40SuperManlyGokuPosted 11/30/2012 5:14:34 PM
Boo hoo tc, it looks like you'll just have to become a better player now that super spamming sack-dick is out of the question. I hope they nerf kratos next.
---
Signature (there's always one guy)