Why are they nerfing Sackboy like this?

#41blaze19_0XPosted 11/30/2012 5:15:21 PM
EnglishLanguag posted...
Ludacris01 posted...
LaKizzle23 posted...
SaikyoBro posted...
What do you guys want him to do? He's garbage upclose, his gadgets and traps are destructible, and his level 1 and level 2 actually take a lot of thought to use effectively..

Garbage up close you say? He has a few AP burst (100+ AP) combos. Not to mention his broken shock trap. Sackboy is a camping beast but he can also be deadly at close range.

You probably haven't met a good Sackboy player yet. This nerf won't mean sh*t to them.

Yeah I use Sackboy from time to time, and he's capable of handling an up close game, though not as good as Raiden or someone.

As I said before, SaikyoBro has whined and cried on other boards before

Semi-related, I managed to piss off a Raiden by dodging his level 1 by standing completely still, then suplexing him.(not really pissed off, more of a joking "What the hell!?" deal)

What makes Raiden's level 1 so deadly is he has countless reliable setups into it.

As a raw super it's actually pretty bad as countless things can interrupt it, it has a ton of startup lag.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#42SaikyoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:15:35 PM
SuperManlyGoku posted...
Boo hoo tc, it looks like you'll just have to become a better player now that super spamming sack-dick is out of the question. I hope they nerf kratos next.

So do I. Glad we agree!
#43EnglishLanguagPosted 11/30/2012 5:16:13 PM
Yeah, he's still getting the hang of the set-ups, I think me being too short for it just caught him off guard.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#44indigna7ionPosted 11/30/2012 5:18:06 PM
SSBM Pichu posted...
They upped Sackboy's level 1 and 2 to match the AP of other characters. Kratos, Raiden, Ratchet, Fat Princess and others have the same AP requirements for their supers as Sackboy does. Honestly. If you use Sackboy's moves beyond his projectiles you won't have a problem getting to whatever level you want. It's going to be fine. Don't let this get you down. Everyone will still complain about Sackboy no matter what happens.

Kratos can gain a level 1 in literally 5 seconds sometimes less depending on how decent you and your opponents are. You can't compare level 1 requirements for some characters to others.
#45SSBM PichuPosted 11/30/2012 5:24:20 PM
Fine. Here are all the characters that have the same AP requirements as Sackboy.

Kratos, Raiden, Drake, Fat Princess, Radec, Dante and Ratchet.

Sackboy is pretty balanced now. 150 AP for level 1 is not bad, many characters have that. The old Sackboy having 600 for level 3 was pretty bad. The characters who have a level 3 for 600 AP are usually the ones who have cinematic supers like Toro, Spike, Heihachi, Parappa etc. So Sackboy's level 3 definitely should have been 750 AP from the start.

And you know what? Sackboy's level 2 is DAMN good. You can move it around for quite a long time before being forced to drop it, so 400 AP is a reasonable cost. It costs the same as Raiden and Heihachi's level 2, and those are pretty good too. If you learn to use all of Sackboy's moves, you will have no trouble gaining AP.
---
-Won't change this sig until Sengoku Basara characters are in a Capcom fighting game. Sengoku Basara X doesn't count.- (October 2012)
#46fawfulmark2Posted 11/30/2012 5:25:38 PM
SaikyoBro posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Hey do any of you play Brawl competitively? How about traditional fighting games?
No? Then at least have common sense to realize you don't understand what these concepts mean.

A character does not need projectiles to be a keep away character.
Also top tiers in Brawl are:

1. MK 2. Olimar 3. Diddy Kong 4. Icys 5. Snake 6. Falco

Olimar, Diddy Kong, Snake and Falco all have extremely strong projectile camp games even if you guys were right, which you are not.

Brawl is a VERY heavy camping and keep away game. To suggest otherwise is idiotic.

Hey listen, I know you really, really want to sound like you know what you're talking about, but you don't. I don't play competitive Brawl so I'm not going to get into a debate about that, but if you think Meta Knight (considered one of the most broken characters in FG history) in SSBB (a game intentionally meant to be uncompetitive) is meant to be played as keepaway (despite having exceptional mobility, no projectiles, and being based around speed and powerful hits) then I'll just leave you to think that by yourself. Either way, has no comparison with Sackboy in PSAS at all.

Metaknight invented Planking,which is the most annoying keepaway tactic ever.

/argument
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#47EnglishLanguagPosted 11/30/2012 5:26:28 PM
Excet Kratos is a combo character and builds up AP crazy fast, where Sackboy is a keep-away trap character. They're AP costs are the same, but they are not gaining it at anywhere near the same rate. Boosting his AP costs even higher was not the best way to handle this.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#48SSBM PichuPosted 11/30/2012 5:27:51 PM
Drake, Radec and Ratchet have the same cost as Sackboy though. Stop focusing on Kratos.
---
-Won't change this sig until Sengoku Basara characters are in a Capcom fighting game. Sengoku Basara X doesn't count.- (October 2012)
#49SaikyoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:30:44 PM
SSBM Pichu posted...
Drake, Radec and Ratchet have the same cost as Sackboy though. Stop focusing on Kratos.

Those 3 characters still play completely differently from Sackboy, and unlike him, all 3 of their supers are reasonably comparable, unlike Sackboy whose tactic of trying really hard to get level 3 is almost universal. I'm done arguing about competitive Brawl because you guys clearly have a better understanding of how that game works than I do, but that isn't the point at all. Sackboy was OP and needed a nerf but not less than 2 weeks into the game, and not like this at all.
#50SSBM PichuPosted 11/30/2012 5:35:23 PM
You think those 3 don't have to work hard to get to level 3? Radec and Ratchet are zoners, just like Sackboy. Drake has better melee options than the others but he's also a keepaway character. I really don't see how Sackboy has it worse than any of them.
---