Why are they nerfing Sackboy like this?

#51VisualPendulumPosted 11/30/2012 6:36:34 PM
I've never been in a single match where a Sackboy didn't reach his level 3. His AP gain is extremely huge, and it doesn't make it any better that you respawn in a bubble, move slowly, and Sackboy is also very mobile. If he reaches level 3 in a stock match, you may as well put the controller down and watch, because he's basically won.
#52SaikyoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:44:22 PM
SSBM Pichu posted...
You think those 3 don't have to work hard to get to level 3? Radec and Ratchet are zoners, just like Sackboy. Drake has better melee options than the others but he's also a keepaway character. I really don't see how Sackboy has it worse than any of them.

I didn't say that they don't have to work hard, I'm just saying that when one of Sackboy's primary tools is nerfed to the extent that it gains less than half the meter it did initially that that's kind of stupid. And unlike with Sackboy, those three don't usually need to get level 3. Ratchet's level one can easily get multiple kills, his level 2 can usually get 3+, and his level 3 is almost, if not just as good as Sackboy's. Radec's level 1 comes out instantly, his level 2 can get 3 kills, and his level 3 is easily just as good as Sackboy's, besides not getting meter back during it. Drake's level 1 and level 2 can both easily take out the rest of the opponents in the FFA and he can get 3+ kills with his level 3 on almost every stage.

They take work to get to level 3, but they don't need to because those 3 have some of the best level 1's in the game. Sackboy not only gains meter much more slowly than they do now, his supers generally take much more thought and timing into using to their fullest potential, and even then they can't compare to his level 3.
#53SSBM PichuPosted 11/30/2012 6:53:57 PM
SaikyoBro posted...
SSBM Pichu posted...
You think those 3 don't have to work hard to get to level 3? Radec and Ratchet are zoners, just like Sackboy. Drake has better melee options than the others but he's also a keepaway character. I really don't see how Sackboy has it worse than any of them.

I didn't say that they don't have to work hard, I'm just saying that when one of Sackboy's primary tools is nerfed to the extent that it gains less than half the meter it did initially that that's kind of stupid. And unlike with Sackboy, those three don't usually need to get level 3. Ratchet's level one can easily get multiple kills, his level 2 can usually get 3+, and his level 3 is almost, if not just as good as Sackboy's. Radec's level 1 comes out instantly, his level 2 can get 3 kills, and his level 3 is easily just as good as Sackboy's, besides not getting meter back during it. Drake's level 1 and level 2 can both easily take out the rest of the opponents in the FFA and he can get 3+ kills with his level 3 on almost every stage.

They take work to get to level 3, but they don't need to because those 3 have some of the best level 1's in the game. Sackboy not only gains meter much more slowly than they do now, his supers generally take much more thought and timing into using to their fullest potential, and even then they can't compare to his level 3.

I really hope you're not referring to Jam Session as one of his primary tools. Besides the AP gain, it really wasn't that good and it's even easier to see coming and block than the cake, so the 25 AP you would've gotten was rare unless you faced someone who didn't know how to be defensive. And it's nice of you to give praise to the others' levels while neglecting the fact that Sackboy's level 2 is also really good and is capable of getting multiple kills. Level 3 is NOT a requirement unless you're in a 1 on 1 and you want to get more than one kill in a timeframe.

Not to mention there are many of Sackboy's moves that give good AP that you should be using. His down square Bounce Pad gives 30 AP. His suplex and grappling hook give 25 AP. If you can fit the unblockable charged rocket boost, that's 30 AP, 20 for the other one. Sackboy's AP is still really freaking good. You just have to move out of your comfort zone.
---
-Won't change this sig until Sengoku Basara characters are in a Capcom fighting game. Sengoku Basara X doesn't count.- (October 2012)
#54StaticnovaPosted 11/30/2012 7:17:15 PM
EnglishLanguag posted...

Hell, already got 2-3 topics about Kratos' forward square now.

Kratos' Forward Square has been considered overpowered from the start.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars
#55OmegaWeaponGeanPosted 11/30/2012 10:26:40 PM
The people crying about Sackboy are the people who are used to slaughtering bad players with their mad square spam techniques. If Sackboy is soo much more OP than Kratos, Raiden and Nariko how come we dont run into 2 and 3 sackboys every 10 minutes of ranked matches? Because OP or not hes STILL not as easy to use as a square button mashing character.