How is this game in your honest opinion?

#41PhaildPosted 12/1/2012 4:54:12 AM
Grug16 posted...
RocketJess posted...
Grug16 posted...
1 - 10 scales are pretty poor, as there isn't enough distinction between values. What's the difference between a 5 and a 6, for example?

1-5 scale is better.

Scale of 10 - 1-5 are negative, 6-10 are positive. So 5 is "mediocre, so it's not really worth playing" and 6 is "mediocre, but with a few good things about it". At least that's how I'd score it.

So half of the values mean the same thing, hence why it's a lousy scale.

That's because majority don't use it correctly. Here's an example of good scale:

10 -- Flawless Victory (10s aren't perfect, since nothing is, but they come as close as you could get in a given genre. The new game to beat in its sector, we're talking pure videogame ecstasy here.)

9 -- Superb (9s are a hallmark of excellence. There may be flaws, but they are negligible and won't cause massive damage to what is a supreme title.)

8 -- Great (8s are impressive efforts with a few noticeable problems holding them back. Won't astound everyone, but is worth your time and cash.)

7 -- Good (7s are solid games that definitely have an audience. Might lack replay value, could be too short or there are some hard-to-ignore faults, but the experience is fun.)

6 -- Alright (6s may be slightly above average or simply inoffensive. Fans of the genre should enjoy them a bit, but a fair few will be left unfulfilled.)

5 -- Mediocre (5s are an exercise in apathy, neither Solid nor Liquid. Not exactly bad, but not very good either. Just a bit "meh," really.)

4 -- Below Average (4s have some high points, but they soon give way to glaring faults. Not the worst games, but are difficult to recommend.)

3 -- Poor (3s went wrong somewhere along the line. The original idea might have promise, but in practice the game has failed. Threatens to be interesting sometimes, but rarely.)

2 -- Bad (2s are a disaster. Any good they might have had are quickly swallowed up by glitches, poor design choices or a plethora of other issues. The desperate or the gullible may find a glimmer of fun hidden somewhere in the pit.)

1 -- Complete Failure (1s are the lowest of the low. There is no potential, no skill, no depth and no talent. These games have nothing to offer the world, and will die lonely and forgotten.)

-Destructoid Score Guide
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#42PhantasyStar23Posted 12/1/2012 7:37:24 AM
Smash Bros/10

nah, just kidding

give it an 8. It's good, requires skill to play well, all characters actually feel different. There are just so many nitpicks that bring this game down from a 10 to an 8. Such as the menus, weak sound effects, knockback duration/distance, and other crap I can't remember.
---
GT: PhantazyStar | PSN: PhantasyStar23
Japanese Dubs: Raw passion | English Dubs: Actual personality
#43wwinterj25Posted 12/1/2012 7:41:36 AM
Wario_man posted...
7 better than I thought but still room to improve.

This. More characters (DLC?), more game mode (patch?) and better unlocks are needed. Still it's a addictive game and fun. I'm realistic and never give a game 10/10 so take that as you will.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#44_Judge_GabranthPosted 12/1/2012 7:59:21 AM
I have never regretted a purchase more. I thought this game would have depth and be a solid fighter but its not. Super unbalanced and just not fun even as a party game
#45ManuKesnaPosted 12/1/2012 8:00:36 AM
8/10. Very good game. Has some issues that I'm sure will be fixed. Can't wait for DLC.

---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#46metroid compositePosted 12/1/2012 8:59:11 AM
Culexor posted...
They could at least make a better combo system, since some moves can launch your opponent in the air, you should be able to simply hold up to continue into an air combo.

For most of those you hold the attack button to launch yourself into the air. Same as MvC3.
---
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision