What are your thoughts on the Coles?

#1Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/1/2012 8:10:13 AM
Good Cole's square combo ends with an amp swing that knocks the opponent rolling away, but it has a random chance of ending with a palm strike that crumples the opponent. Evil Cole's square also randomly does the palm strike sometimes, but it just causes the same kind of knockdown as amp swing. Is this a development oversight? Should Evil Cole's palm ender at least cause a stagger effect?

Also, what's with the weird power-up effect that their triangle bolts do after 5 hits? At first I thought there was some kind of hidden ability, like maybe I could hold a direction and slightly pull/push them away like the magnetism in InFamous or maybe it dealt a bit of extra damage, but it doesn't seem to do anything other than leave Cole open. It doesn't even cause a forced air tech like I also assumed. The animation that Cole does looks like when he's draining electricity from an object in the InFamous games, so I also theorized that it drained a tiny piece of the opponent's AP or maybe even slightly buffed the damage on his next attack. It doesn't seem to do anything noticeable. Seems a little gimmicky. No wonder I don't see it used very often. Do you think that it should has a bonus effect if you land 5 bolts?
#2wwinterj25Posted 12/1/2012 8:12:26 AM
I'm still learning both Coles. There are some good Cole players out there I find. His supers are great.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#3Bestia_Somnia(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:13:57 AM
Good Cole's bolts seem to aim his U2 like a targetted missile, but it seems completely pointless for Evil Cole to use it.
#4coolpizzacookPosted 12/1/2012 8:22:23 AM
I believe other than stunning said foe hitting them with five bolts, makes Good Cole get a chunk of AP for doing that, while Evil Cole doesn't I believe.
---
VIVA LA REVENGE!
#5Bestia_Somnia(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:25:58 AM
coolpizzacook posted...
I believe other than stunning said foe hitting them with five bolts, makes Good Cole get a chunk of AP for doing that, while Evil Cole doesn't I believe.

Hmm, so it does. It's a shame that Evil Cole's has no real point to it. It should be patched to give him AP gain like Good Cole's. I mean isn't that why he does his energy absorbing pose from the InFamous games? It seems like both of them were probably intended to have that effect. Maybe Evil Cole's should do the opposite and take away a bit of the opponent's AP.
#6BlazeAndBladePosted 12/1/2012 8:25:59 AM
evil cole has one of the best anti air moves and it gets ap fast
---
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.
#7Bestia_Somnia(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:33:29 AM
BlazeAndBlade posted...
evil cole has one of the best anti air moves and it gets ap fast

I'd rather see more moves become useful. His bolts should temporarily lock out the opponent's meter build, remove some of their meter or the stupid power-up effect should go. It just leaves him open for no reason. His tripwire rocket is good, but it's easily air dodged.
#8doraemonllh1989Posted 12/1/2012 8:46:53 AM
Evil Cole firebird spam is annoying as hell,espeially in team vs dual evil cole,OMG
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#9Wario_manPosted 12/1/2012 8:50:41 AM
I really only use Cole since Evil Cole is, well..evil and I don't like those kinds of dudes (screw you too, Kratos. No way I could imagine you as a family man anyway if your family didn't die >_>) but I've only used standard Cole sparingly but..I like him.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#10NDgamer1122Posted 12/1/2012 8:51:01 AM
Yeah, it is weird that Evil Cole does the drain thing after 5 bolts since he doesn't gain anything from it. Maybe a way to balance him, but it'd probably be better just to let him keep shooting lightning.