What are your thoughts on the Coles?

#11Darknessbeast10Posted 12/1/2012 10:03:53 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
BlazeAndBlade posted...
evil cole has one of the best anti air moves and it gets ap fast

I'd rather see more moves become useful. His bolts should temporarily lock out the opponent's meter build, remove some of their meter or the stupid power-up effect should go. It just leaves him open for no reason. His tripwire rocket is good, but it's easily air dodged.

No, not really. If you set it up right, not even down teching will get you out of it.

Granted yes, I would want EC's bolts to drain like GC it would be too much. He already builds meter like a beast, and adding a move like that would be overkill. Plus, in my opinion EC is wayyy more mobile than GC since FBS can be used multiple times wheras ice launch can only be used once per jump
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#12Smooth_OnePosted 12/1/2012 10:07:47 AM
I like both Coles quite a lot. They are very mobile, with a good mix of close-up and mid-range projectiles.
I also feel they balanced the two of them well, because IMO Good Cole's Supers (besides the identical level 1 of course) are better, but Evil Cole's non-Super moves are better overall.
---
Tifa is like Cloud's sister...with benefits.
Whether good or evil, we could all benefit from following [Ganondorf's] example and work ethic. ~ NavEtrnl
#13Gsus_94Posted 12/1/2012 12:14:38 PM(edited)
Smooth_One posted...
I like both Coles quite a lot. They are very mobile, with a good mix of close-up and mid-range projectiles.
I also feel they balanced the two of them well, because IMO Good Cole's Supers (besides the identical level 1 of course) are better, but Evil Cole's non-Super moves are better overall.

Yeah, but Evil Cole's falcon punch can easily set up his level 1. I actually get mad when i reach level 2 without the chance of using my level 1 since it is so good (I got the triple kill trophy with evil cole by using his level 1 super to throw 1 person into the other 2 people in a FFA). I often get double kills in 2v2 with it as well. Plus, his projectiles are better (Although slower) than Cole's in my opinion because they explode on contact and the up Triangle creates a fence above you.

EDIT: i know you said that Evil Cole's non super moves are better, my point is that Evil Cole's level 1 super, although identical to Cole's, is easier to pull off.
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311