Any tips to use Good Cole?

#1NDgamer1122Posted 12/1/2012 8:32:10 AM
Decided to pick him up today, but I'm having trouble with him. I REALLY wanna use Evil Cole as it seems his projectiles are just better, but I like picking characters that are in the minority online, and Evil Cole is common enough. Maybe I'm being too hipster about it, I dunno. I avoid Raiden for the same reason.

Anywho, any advice on Good Cole? Or do you think I should just go with Evil Cole? I feel that a "touch em real quick and go" strategy suits me best. I don't like trying to land complex combo strings, especially if the timing is super tight. I'm just bad at it. I will probably never play as Donte for this reason. :I
#2coolpizzacookPosted 12/1/2012 8:45:02 AM(edited)
If you hit them with five bolts or so in a row from your neutral triangle, you can stun them and get a chunk of AP from that. But you're stunned too during that phase.
---
VIVA LA REVENGE!
#3NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:55:25 AM
If you hit them with five bolts or so in a row from your neutral triangle, you can stun them and get a chunk of AP from that. But you're stunned too during that phase.

This'd be pretty useful if you're far away or in 1v1. Certainly something I try to use.

I also throw my grenades quite liberally. It's fun to have opponents not notice they got stuck with one and just let it explode on them.

Homing rocket is okay. Kinda hard to use when there are platforms everywhere, though.

I really need to remember his ice shield. I haven't run into many projectiles characters yet, though.
#4tscooktPosted 12/1/2012 9:01:52 AM(edited)
Really take advantage of his ice launch(^O). I like to jump directly above someone and drop glaciers on their head that way. Also his ice barrier (vO) is great for keeping melee fighters at bay

And his lvl 1 you can set up with >O but you have to be right next to them and trigger the super as soon as they freeze
---
PSN: timscook
#5EL_R2D2Posted 12/2/2012 12:55:56 AM
Use his ice moves to send your enemies to the air, from there, jump and start doing combos
---
Punkx
PSN: Falte52
#6mimmatPosted 12/2/2012 9:05:05 PM
Good Cole:

Side Square. Leads into 145 AP combo if low to the ground. Side square, down circle, jump side square, side circle, jump side square, side circle, jump side square, side circle, jump side square, square square.

If close to the ground, Side square -> side circle or down circle can combo into his level 1.

Down square -> At level 1 or level 2 charge, go into side circle, from here you can either do side square square for grind launch into sidesquare down circle jump square square for 135 AP or do side square triangle for the grind tackle into side square side circle and that also combos into his level 1. Or if you're lazy, just downsquare into side circle and then walk up and level 1.

To combo into his level 2, if you hit with his down circle on the ground or air near the ground it'll combo. Don't try to combo if you just hit someone with side circle, the freeze timer continues while the super starts up for some reason, so they can get out.

His level 3 is eh. Usually can get 2 kills on small stages, but not worth it since it's so easy to combo into his level 1.

Also to note - His side triangle dentonates 3 seconds after hitting anything. If you know its about to explode, do a side square above them, and combo into his level 1.
Also, no one seems to know this, but if you send out your up triangle, and then shoot either a person or a wall with your triangle, the orb will fly really fast to that location and explode, giving a wallbounce. At the right distances you can side square, level 1, yada yada.

Down triangle is useless. Don't use it. If someone is below you, just get out of that position. Hold X to slow your descent, use up circle as your second jump or if someone is below you to put distance between you. You want to punish with your jump side square since it's godlike.

Up square is meh. Circle is good if you're facing a radec that is sniper happy or a drake that loves his magnum and barrels. Triangle is okay, but I would prefer to launch side triangles or up triangles at them for a combo oppurtunity.

Up throw is the only throw you can combo. Up throw, jump, side square, down circle, jump square square is the max I've found so far.

Hope that helps.
#7Magonokai312Posted 12/4/2012 10:10:59 PM
Side Square. Leads into 145 AP combo if low to the ground. Side square, down circle, jump side square, side circle, jump side square, side circle, jump side square, side circle, jump side square, square square.

How does this combo work? After the first side square, side circle rep, the side circle stops freezing,
---
Swift as the wind and as still as a forest!
Hotter than flames and more magnificent than a mountain!
#8throttledPosted 12/4/2012 10:17:16 PM
You jump lol.
#9mimmatPosted 12/4/2012 10:21:11 PM
Magonokai312 posted...

How does this combo work? After the first side square, side circle rep, the side circle stops freezing,

Eugh, I just realized that's a typo. My apologies. I'm gonna type it out using names so that it's more understandable:
Lightning tether, ice barrier, land. Lightning tether, freeze rocket, land. Lightning tether, ice barrier, land. Lightning tether, freeze rocket, land. Lightning tether, amp air combo.

Again, sorry about the confusion. You're correct: Ice will not refreeze if done too soon. It's on a timer. Not quite sure what it is yet, but I'll be testing it soon.

If you're having trouble with that combo, know that after the ice barrier there is a large amount of untechable time, so you want to do the next lightning tether as close to the ground as possible. If you're missing, try jumping, holding away for a short period of time, and then lightning tether towards them. That usually helps me time it.
#10Retroxgamer0Posted 12/4/2012 10:24:05 PM(edited)
tscookt posted...
Really take advantage of his ice launch(^O). I like to jump directly above someone and drop glaciers on their head that way. Also his ice barrier (vO) is great for keeping melee fighters at bay

And his lvl 1 you can set up with >O but you have to be right next to them and trigger the super as soon as they freeze

you use it right after the invincibility frames actually, you can be max distance and still hit it easily.