I'm a Jak player but I need some tips.

#1Lucarioaura22Posted 12/1/2012 12:44:55 PM
I am pretty good at zoning out some characters but people who are pretty good find a way to get in on me. I usually neutral square them to send em away and it also catches their tech roll. I just find it kind of hard to gain meter for the lvl 3.

How do you guys play jak? What guns do you use and when do you melee? I love jak and would really love to use him at full potential.
---
We do what we must.................
#2tscooktPosted 12/1/2012 12:54:06 PM
Obviously Zoning is important with Jak, his blaster and concusser I use a lot, and his needler (>O) is good close up too. But I think the most important part with Jak is to never stop moving unless you get a good set up for his blaster. Use his 3 round burst and be on the move again. My favorite move of his is his hoverboard dash and if landed follow with an immediate [] attack. Has great knockback, ap gain. But I would say 70% of the match when I'm Jak, I'm in the air. Jump, wave concusser, hoverboard dash to eject punch. Works great and when you are always moving they can't land supers. I only use his lvl 1 super cuz when u are always moving the opponents can't predict when you are going to stop just long enough to pop off a super. Jaks mobility is what makes him so strong
---
PSN: timscook
#3StaticnovaPosted 12/1/2012 1:02:15 PM
I don't play Jak, but my 2v2 partner does.

Jak's hoverboard is arguably his most useful tool; really helps with escaping danger, and the melee attack you can chain after the first hit nets some good AP. Obviously Forward Triangle is a staple move. Up Square and Down Square are good for movement and chaining melee attacks too. You can also fall through platforms doing his level 2 by holding down, according to my partner. That might be useful.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can say because I don't play him myself.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Playstation All-Stars
#4PhoenixAssassinPosted 12/1/2012 1:06:43 PM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
I just find it kind of hard to gain meter for the lvl 3.

dont go for his level 3. learn to land the level 1 and 2. easiest way to land them is after a hard knockdown into the corner.
---
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak
#5lucapitPosted 12/1/2012 1:10:17 PM
Yeah just hover around -___- and barely touch the ground...is that how all jack players play?
---
"A penny saved is a penny earned".. (brawl code:0302 4058 6830).....( pokemon black:4555 9527 2461) PSN-
mang-ekoo Pokemon platinum (1893 8653 6911)
#6PhoenixAssassinPosted 12/2/2012 4:22:30 AM
lucapit posted...
Yeah just hover around -___- and barely touch the ground...is that how all jack players play?

1st of all I changed my sig for people like you.

2nd jak has a really good air game, a lot of characters/people arent that good at fighting someone constantly in the air, makes jak very hard to fight when he is in the air, and allows him to hit others really well.
---
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak
#7Cloud_Link32145Posted 12/2/2012 5:03:48 AM
PhoenixAssassin posted...
lucapit posted...

1st of all I changed my sig for people like you.

2nd jak has a really good air game, a lot of characters/people arent that good at fighting someone constantly in the air, makes jak very hard to fight when he is in the air, and allows him to hit others really well.

Guys... Guys... Jack is a one man army... Just deal with it.
---
"My reality is mine alone. Come what may, I'm ready." - Cloud Strife
"We live to make the impossible possible!" - Lightning Farron
#8doraemonllh1989Posted 12/2/2012 5:11:57 AM
Spam his machine gun (forward + triangle?),it will stun lock any players with bad connection
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#9GameplayZeroPosted 12/2/2012 7:32:55 AM
Forward triangle and aerial down circle is all Jak players use. That and hover board to escape supers. Jak is easy to use. Without combos though everyone plays him the exact same. I liked Jak until I realized this. No offense Jak players. He just has no variety with his move set like other characters do.
#10GameplayZeroPosted 12/2/2012 7:40:46 AM
PhoenixAssassin posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
I just find it kind of hard to gain meter for the lvl 3.

dont go for his level 3. learn to land the level 1 and 2. easiest way to land them is after a hard knockdown into the corner.

Only for 1v1 or in dojo. 2v2 or stock it becomes valuable. While its cool to do his other supers, you won't always have that luxury of getting someone in a corner.

If you like to play the machine gun game defensively, you will win a whole lot more matches than having a huge chance of missing your lvl 1 & 2 supers and hurting yourself or team.

Forgot to mention in other post to use his nuetral circle whenever possible.