How do I use Evil Cole?

#11Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 3:33:21 PM
KukaiDragon posted...
I never tried him myself, but if you have absolutely no clue, try doing his combo tutorial or some combat trials to get a feel for him. Maybe figure some stuff out on your own and not have things just handed to you.

Sorry if I'm being rude, but why not try something before you ask?

Assuming makes an ass out of you and... well, not me lol. I went to his tutorials as well as Practice Mode. I don't understand how you're supposed to play this guy. 'nade spam? because radec is better at that. People say he's good, but what does he have? hitconfirm into level 1? that's not unique. I don't see his BnB either.

Sorry if I'm being rude, but can you stop assuming?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#12Dsurions_WrathPosted 12/1/2012 3:43:43 PM
He's a very area of effect character, devastating in free for all, and still is in 1v1. firebird strike (side circle) can close distances quickly and gives good ap gain, Tripwire rockets (up triangle) and more or less clear the air above you, his falcon punch (normal circle) when fully charged can bring opponents to their knees and open up for an easy level 1 or 2, grenades are powerful, has a trip mine that traps enemies, some absurdly good air combos. Don't underestimate Evil Cole.
---
GT: Dsurion21
#13T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/1/2012 3:56:48 PM
Evil Cole is all about range control in my opinion. At a long distance horizontal distance, throw napalm grenades. At a medium distance, you have two options. Firebird Strike to close the distance and get up close, or Nightmare Blast to stay a bit out of the action, but still continue to rack up AP.

At close range you can use your square combos, Giga punch, or Firebird Strikes. You can also use Firebird Strike to quickly get yourself out of the action and put yourself at your desired distance. Any enemies above you, fire off Tripwire Rockets. Its all about knowing what moves work at what distance, and situating yourself that far away from the combat ball (superbot's term not mine) at all times.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#14TheNardDogPosted 12/1/2012 3:58:42 PM
Use his electric powers. They are probably the best way to kill. He has those if you didn't know.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) definitely most wanted AND deserving for PS All-Stars Battle Royale!!!
Also, Sullivan is still a dirty old man.
#15LockeDaemonfirePosted 12/1/2012 4:29:03 PM
Crabhammar posted...
I've followed your instructions and my cursor has hovered onto him. I'm gonna guess you press X here. Now I'm in a game. What do?

You missed a great opportunity to say "I've followed your instructions and my cursor has hovered onto him. Then I clicked the X button. BUT I ENTERED THE GAME AS KRATOS NOW WHAT DO I DO?!?"
#16CaioNVPosted 12/1/2012 4:37:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKm5xQyD2vE
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#17xBlaze_13Posted 12/1/2012 4:54:00 PM
Charge his super punch or whatever its called whenever you have the oppurtunity.
---
PSN/SEN: xBlaze_13
#18KukaiDragonPosted 12/1/2012 5:33:07 PM
Crabhammar posted...
KukaiDragon posted...
I never tried him myself, but if you have absolutely no clue, try doing his combo tutorial or some combat trials to get a feel for him. Maybe figure some stuff out on your own and not have things just handed to you.

Assuming makes an ass out of you and... well, not me lol. I went to his tutorials as well as Practice Mode. I don't understand how you're supposed to play this guy. 'nade spam? because radec is better at that. People say he's good, but what does he have? hitconfirm into level 1? that's not unique. I don't see his BnB either.

Information is a useful tool. Coming on here and just saying, "Evil Cole....how do?" makes you seem like an illiterate moron. How is anyone supposed to know you actually tried using him. If you said, I have tried using him but cannot find any successful strategies, then maybe your post wouldn't be full of ridiculous answers.

You ask for help in a stupid way, you get answers in a stupid way. Just sayin...
#19Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 5:36:12 PM
KukaiDragon posted...
Crabhammar posted...
KukaiDragon posted...

Information is a useful tool. Coming on here and just saying, "Evil Cole....how do?" makes you seem like an illiterate moron. How is anyone supposed to know you actually tried using him. If you said, I have tried using him but cannot find any successful strategies, then maybe your post wouldn't be full of ridiculous answers.

You ask for help in a stupid way, you get answers in a stupid way. Just sayin...

It's a phrase. But alright. I admit that I didn't clarify myself. I'm sorry. Now, want to tell me how to use Evil Cole?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#20T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/1/2012 5:41:16 PM
Crabhammar posted...
It's a phrase. But alright. I admit that I didn't clarify myself. I'm sorry. Now, want to tell me how to use Evil Cole?

AHEM

T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Evil Cole is all about range control in my opinion. At a long distance horizontal distance, throw napalm grenades. At a medium distance, you have two options. Firebird Strike to close the distance and get up close, or Nightmare Blast to stay a bit out of the action, but still continue to rack up AP.

At close range you can use your square combos, Giga punch, or Firebird Strikes. You can also use Firebird Strike to quickly get yourself out of the action and put yourself at your desired distance. Any enemies above you, fire off Tripwire Rockets. Its all about knowing what moves work at what distance, and situating yourself that far away from the combat ball (superbot's term not mine) at all times.

Thats all you need to know for Evil Cole. He's my main, so you can trust me. 1 more tip. Always have Giga Punch fully charged. Always. Its perfect for a level 1 setup, and used to basically initiate combos, so you should always make it a priority to charge it.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.