How do I use Evil Cole?

#21Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 10:05:31 PM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Crabhammar posted...
It's a phrase. But alright. I admit that I didn't clarify myself. I'm sorry. Now, want to tell me how to use Evil Cole?

AHEM

T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Evil Cole is all about range control in my opinion. At a long distance horizontal distance, throw napalm grenades. At a medium distance, you have two options. Firebird Strike to close the distance and get up close, or Nightmare Blast to stay a bit out of the action, but still continue to rack up AP.

At close range you can use your square combos, Giga punch, or Firebird Strikes. You can also use Firebird Strike to quickly get yourself out of the action and put yourself at your desired distance. Any enemies above you, fire off Tripwire Rockets. Its all about knowing what moves work at what distance, and situating yourself that far away from the combat ball (superbot's term not mine) at all times.

Thats all you need to know for Evil Cole. He's my main, so you can trust me. 1 more tip. Always have Giga Punch fully charged. Always. Its perfect for a level 1 setup, and used to basically initiate combos, so you should always make it a priority to charge it.

Haha I'm sorry, I was just b****ing at that other guy :P
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#22LustiakPosted 12/1/2012 10:12:13 PM
Get level 1

Stand next(preferably behind) to someone

R2

Get level 2

Stand in a mob

R2
#23DopplesPosted 12/1/2012 10:27:39 PM
Likewise, what combos should I be going for that aren't off of raw down square? That move seems super bad for confirms cause it's so damn slow, but beyond comboing off of down circle, he doesn't seem to have much that actually leads into anything beyond raw charged punch. From what I can gather, he's basically meant to be a zoning character with ok close range capabilities, so is that how I should play him?

(Apologies for high-jacking your topic, I'm just interested in learning Evil Cole as well.)
---
PSN: TheFinestBrew
Looking to improve my MvC3 game, would like advice from anyone who wants to give it.
#24T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/1/2012 10:30:58 PM
Dopples posted...
Likewise, what combos should I be going for that aren't off of raw down square? That move seems super bad for confirms cause it's so damn slow, but beyond comboing off of down circle, he doesn't seem to have much that actually leads into anything beyond raw charged punch. From what I can gather, he's basically meant to be a zoning character with ok close range capabilities, so is that how I should play him?

(Apologies for high-jacking your topic, I'm just interested in learning Evil Cole as well.)

I agree on down square being very difficult to hit, so I've just dropped it from the beginning. I initiate all combos with a charged giga punch. My favorite is:

O, Down [], Forward [], [], [], X, Forward [], Forward O. This gives 130 AP and launches the enemy away giving you time to recharge your Giga Punch.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#25DopplesPosted 12/1/2012 10:42:36 PM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Dopples posted...

I agree on down square being very difficult to hit, so I've just dropped it from the beginning. I initiate all combos with a charged giga punch. My favorite is:

O, Down [], Forward [], [], [], X, Forward [], Forward O. This gives 130 AP and launches the enemy away giving you time to recharge your Giga Punch.

Huh, never thought about doing the superman punch after forward square in the air. Thanks for the tip on that, I'll be sure to try it out.
---
Looking to improve my MvC3 game, would like advice from anyone who wants to give it.
#26T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/1/2012 10:43:16 PM
Dopples posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Dopples posted...

Huh, never thought about doing the superman punch after forward square in the air. Thanks for the tip on that, I'll be sure to try it out.

No problem. Glad to help out a fellow Evil Cole :)
---
#27DopplesPosted 12/1/2012 10:54:01 PM
His neutral game seems somewhat easy to figure out, use down circle and triangle to keep them out if he still needs meter, then go in to try and punish a button press with raw Giga Punch into a kill. In 1v1s, is it even worth it to go for level 2?
---
#28T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/1/2012 10:58:14 PM
Dopples posted...
His neutral game seems somewhat easy to figure out, use down circle and triangle to keep them out if he still needs meter, then go in to try and punish a button press with raw Giga Punch into a kill. In 1v1s, is it even worth it to go for level 2?

In 1v1s I never go for a level 2.
---
#29Darknessbeast10Posted 12/1/2012 11:06:09 PM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Dopples posted...

Wrong.

Why give up the BEST AoE super in the game?

Evil Cole has two things going for him.

1.) Great meter gain
2.) Set-ups for supers, set-ups for 130-150 AP combos, AA's for days.

I'll tell you right now, you have a stacked level 2 and NOONE will even think of coming near you. You score a knowckdown, no matter where they tech they cant tech out of it. You use a level 2, you most likely have AP left over for a level 1.

For combos why waste a charged Giga punch for anything other then a Down + square combo starter? Use firebird strike instead for less meter gain but you keep the charge instead of wasting it.

Supers go like this;

Level 2>Level 1> Level 3
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#30T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/1/2012 11:12:48 PM
Darknessbeast10 posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Dopples posted...

Wrong.

Why give up the BEST AoE super in the game?

Evil Cole has two things going for him.

1.) Great meter gain
2.) Set-ups for supers, set-ups for 130-150 AP combos, AA's for days.

I'll tell you right now, you have a stacked level 2 and NOONE will even think of coming near you. You score a knowckdown, no matter where they tech they cant tech out of it. You use a level 2, you most likely have AP left over for a level 1.

For combos why waste a charged Giga punch for anything other then a Down + square combo starter? Use firebird strike instead for less meter gain but you keep the charge instead of wasting it.

Supers go like this;

Level 2>Level 1> Level 3

No, not wrong. Because I stated I never use level 2s in 1v1. Which I don't. So I'm 100% correct.

But I don't see the reason to stack up a level 2 when you can combo into your level 1 so easily.
---