How do I use Evil Cole?

#31Darknessbeast10Posted 12/2/2012 12:25:53 AM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Darknessbeast10 posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Dopples posted...
His neutral game seems somewhat easy to figure out, use down circle and triangle to keep them out if he still needs meter, then go in to try and punish a button press with raw Giga Punch into a kill. In 1v1s, is it even worth it to go for level 2?

In 1v1s I never go for a level 2.

Wrong.

Why give up the BEST AoE super in the game?

Evil Cole has two things going for him.

1.) Great meter gain
2.) Set-ups for supers, set-ups for 130-150 AP combos, AA's for days.

I'll tell you right now, you have a stacked level 2 and NOONE will even think of coming near you. You score a knowckdown, no matter where they tech they cant tech out of it. You use a level 2, you most likely have AP left over for a level 1.

For combos why waste a charged Giga punch for anything other then a Down + square combo starter? Use firebird strike instead for less meter gain but you keep the charge instead of wasting it.

Supers go like this;

Level 2>Level 1> Level 3

No, not wrong. Because I stated I never use level 2s in 1v1. Which I don't. So I'm 100% correct.

But I don't see the reason to stack up a level 2 when you can combo into your level 1 so easily.

Yeah, I didn't notice the I, my fault. Level 2 is just as good as level 1 if not better in some cases. in the corner Ionic drain is inescapable if used after a hard knockdown and let's be honest if they cant approach you without fear of getting drained, it sets up SOOO much stuff its crazy. Not only do people see the punch coming why limit yourself to level 1 when you can easily build that second bar and combo that?

I mean if you want we can see who has the better EC but I don't think it would turn out to well for you, just saying.
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#32T_l_M_B_0Posted 12/2/2012 12:30:01 AM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Dopples posted...
His neutral game seems somewhat easy to figure out, use down circle and triangle to keep them out if he still needs meter, then go in to try and punish a button press with raw Giga Punch into a kill. In 1v1s, is it even worth it to go for level 2?

In 1v1s I never go for a level 2.

Wrong.

Why give up the BEST AoE super in the game?

Evil Cole has two things going for him.

1.) Great meter gain
2.) Set-ups for supers, set-ups for 130-150 AP combos, AA's for days.

I'll tell you right now, you have a stacked level 2 and NOONE will even think of coming near you. You score a knowckdown, no matter where they tech they cant tech out of it. You use a level 2, you most likely have AP left over for a level 1.

For combos why waste a charged Giga punch for anything other then a Down + square combo starter? Use firebird strike instead for less meter gain but you keep the charge instead of wasting it.

Supers go like this;

Level 2>Level 1> Level 3

No, not wrong. Because I stated I never use level 2s in 1v1. Which I don't. So I'm 100% correct.

But I don't see the reason to stack up a level 2 when you can combo into your level 1 so easily.

Yeah, I didn't notice the I, my fault. Level 2 is just as good as level 1 if not better in some cases. in the corner Ionic drain is inescapable if used after a hard knockdown and let's be honest if they cant approach you without fear of getting drained, it sets up SOOO much stuff its crazy. Not only do people see the punch coming why limit yourself to level 1 when you can easily build that second bar and combo that?

I mean if you want we can see who has the better EC but I don't think it would turn out to well for you, just saying.

You raise some good points, maybe I'll try out the level 2 in 1v1s. And yeah I would 1v1 you, but I don't like cocky bastards.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#33Q_BlahPosted 12/2/2012 12:32:24 AM
spam foward Triangle and down triangle. If they come close make sure you already have your circle button charged up so you can do your Gigapunch on them. If you have lvl1 ready, do Gigapunch and then lvl1. Guarantee kill.
---
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png
#34PoPPiPPosted 12/2/2012 10:03:08 PM
Note that both level 1 and level 2 supers are NOT 100% guaranteed after a Giga Punch.

If the opponent is moving toward you when you Giga Punch, the opponent will kneel, but slide a teeny bit due to the momentum of their movement. This will result in them being OUTSIDE of your super range.

Level 2 has slightly more range, but it still isn't guaranteed if the opponent slides max distance.
---
There is no such thing as strength, it is but a consequence of weakness.
#35mimmatPosted 12/2/2012 10:11:21 PM
Why has no one mentioned that you can combo your level 1 super off up throw on flat surfaces or his down throw when at the edge of a platform?

Seems pertinent.
#36Darknessbeast10Posted 12/2/2012 10:21:58 PM
mimmat posted...
Why has no one mentioned that you can combo your level 1 super off up throw on flat surfaces or his down throw when at the edge of a platform?

Seems pertinent.

Can you really combo his level 1 after the up throw? Damn, I mean I know if you score a hard knockdown and you have a level 2 its a guaranteed kill.
---
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#37mimmatPosted 12/2/2012 10:24:06 PM
mimmat posted...

Seems pertinent.

Can you really combo his level 1 after the up throw? Damn, I mean I know if you score a hard knockdown and you have a level 2 its a guaranteed kill.

Try it out. Timing can be a bit strict, not sure if it works on the small hitbox chars, but upthrow, walk forward, level 1 works most of the time.
#38Darknessbeast10Posted 12/2/2012 10:31:06 PM
mimmat posted...
mimmat posted...

Seems pertinent.

Try it out. Timing can be a bit strict, not sure if it works on the small hitbox chars, but upthrow, walk forward, level 1 works most of the time.

Nice, thanks for that actually give me a reason to use a throw other then his side one.
---
#39PoPPiPPosted 12/3/2012 9:15:43 PM
Up Throw definitely guarantees a Level 2, but I don't believe Level 1 is inescapable.
---
There is no such thing as strength, it is but a consequence of weakness.
#40mimmatPosted 12/3/2012 9:48:03 PM
PoPPiP posted...
Up Throw definitely guarantees a Level 2, but I don't believe Level 1 is inescapable.

Depends on character. Works on most of the cast, not small hitboxes. Doesn't work if you throw them right next to a ledge. Needs flat ground or you going up an incline.