Radec, worst character in the game?

#1DirtyToenailsPosted 12/1/2012 8:56:08 PM(edited)
Maybe there is just something I'm missing? I'm talking about 2v2s and 1v1s here. In FFA he is a god because people are just too braindead to pressure him. And I think some of you might come and say "NO JACK IS THE WORSER," ... maybe that's true, but I think he has a little more versatility and a ton of mobility to help him.

It's like if you took Sackboy and removed teleport, shockpad, and persistent cakes. Then give him way less close range options, and one that just plain sucks.

Okay, u.1. What is the point of this knife? I already have u.2, which is faster and has more knockback. 1,1? Has very little hitstun and doesn't combo in to anything. This would be good if it hitconfirms in to f.1, because it really needs something like that. f.1 is just so risky. If they block or dodge you're boned. Why does he automatically do the second attack? f.1 shoudl be expanded to f.1,1 so I can poke and wait for the confirm before I hit the second 1.

These are crippling, imo. His long range options are decent, but once someone gets on top of you... it's just so hard to get away or knock them off of you. He is so limited in the air - releiving pressure means they need to be very close and on the same horizontal plane. If they are pressuring from underneath you, there are no options. Grenades dont explode on contact!

At least he has some pretty solid supers. What do you guys think?
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 12/1/2012 8:53:16 PM
radec is definately not the worst character, he can be tough to fight if you master aiming on the level 1 super. he can also be incredibly weak if youre poor at aiming it.
#3DirtyToenails(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:53:55 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
radec is definately not the worst character, he can be tough to fight if you master aiming on the level 1 super. he can also be incredibly weak if youre poor at aiming it.

I like his supers a lot, but I'd like to discuss his basic moveset here
#4squirrel_boyPosted 12/1/2012 8:54:33 PM
Dunno what your talking about, radecs great
#5DirtyToenails(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:55:12 PM
squirrel_boy posted...

Fair enough. What's your gameplan when someone gets on you?
#6CrabhammarPosted 12/1/2012 8:55:16 PM
Agreed. He needs a good keepaway move.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#7Retroxgamer0Posted 12/1/2012 8:56:00 PM
DirtyToenails posted...
squirrel_boy posted...

Fair enough. What's your gameplan when someone gets on you?

he has plenty of overhead shots, his shotgun knocks people away easily and far, and he also has grenades and throws. theres plenty of ways to keep them far off of you. everything he does is knockback prettymuch
#8ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/1/2012 8:56:05 PM
In a 1v1, maybe. In ranked game-modes, where you're rewarded for playing as cheap as possible, he can easily dominate.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#9LustiakPosted 12/1/2012 8:56:08 PM
How many Radecs have you fought to even conclude this? He's definitely not the worse in the game.

I would say Big Daddy, but if played right, he could easily get a level 2 super. Some characters require a harder learning curve.

Just look at Kratos, he's the easiest character to play as in the whole game.
#10DirtyToenails(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 8:57:24 PM
Lustiak posted...
How many Radecs have you fought to even conclude this? He's definitely not the worse in the game.

I would say Big Daddy, but if played right, he could easily get a level 2 super. Some characters require a harder learning curve.

Just look at Kratos, he's the easiest character to play as in the whole game.

The topic title is just the sizzle to get you to read my post ;)

I'm hoping to learn something here. I want to be good with Radec but I'm just being dominated.