Twitch reaction patches shows signs of a bad fighting game developer

#11Wizzrobe55_IIPosted 12/2/2012 12:17:01 PM
Worst topic in a long time. How can a game 'grow and evolve' A) When it's not organic and B) The game stops itself from doing so due to a few minor details, The only people who will develop are Kratos players.
---
[llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll]
Loading...Please Wait....
#12vital_tundraPosted 12/2/2012 12:19:34 PM
Why do people think that just because a game comes out we can't see glaring things that a character can have??? Literally the first week Brawl was out I knew Metaknight was OP. This is no different
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#13MajesticFerretPosted 12/2/2012 12:30:17 PM
"meta game elitest"? More like "butthurt Sackboy mainer"

Sackboy was broken as ****. You could suck with him and still win nearly every time. The only time I lost with Sackboy was when ANOTHER higher ranking/even cheaper playing Sackboy was playing.

When people could run nothing but what other people consider high tier characters like Kratos and I could beat them consistently, quite badly, with a character by using all of...like 4-5 moves, than you know a character was cheap as hell.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#14ParisByNitePosted 12/2/2012 12:34:30 PM
Whining is one thing, but it's obvious that Sackboy is too overpowered. I mean even Sackboy players are admitting this lol so what exactly r u talking about? Lemme guess, u invested all ur time into Sackboy and now you're insecure because of the upcoming patch? According to the details, Sackboywill still be the same, except it now takes longer to build AP... which means u can still get 6 kills with his LV3. Ridiculous. This nerf gives players an actual chance to win.seems fair to me. Deal with it.
---
I support love.
PSN: RiceAndJoy
#15ZadkhierPosted 12/2/2012 12:57:56 PM
I don't mind the patch at all, and I main Sackboy. The patch will mostly affect those that did nothing but go in a corner and spam their way to level 3. Those that know how to actually use Sackboy have nothing to complain about.
---
I'm not a slacker. I'm just conserving energy.
~~Some people just can't deal with greatness~~
#16EnglishLanguagPosted 12/2/2012 1:02:17 PM
MajesticFerret posted...
Sackboy was broken as ****. You could suck with him and still win nearly every time.

Unless you played against anyone with more than two brain cells and a working controller, both of which I, as a Sackboy main, have come up against and lost nearly every time. Don't blame Sackboy for your own incompetence.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#17EnglishLanguagPosted 12/2/2012 1:03:31 PM
ParisByNite posted...
Whining is one thing, but it's obvious that Sackboy is too overpowered. I mean even Sackboy players are admitting this lol so what exactly r u talking about? Lemme guess, u invested all ur time into Sackboy and now you're insecure because of the upcoming patch? According to the details, Sackboywill still be the same, except it now takes longer to build AP... which means u can still get 6 kills with his LV3. Ridiculous. This nerf gives players an actual chance to win.seems fair to me. Deal with it.

So why nerf his Jam Session, Level 1, and Level 2 supers? What problems were they causing? Keepin mind Jam Session got a much bigger nerf than the widely complained about cake.
---
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.
#18_Judge_GabranthPosted 12/2/2012 1:06:58 PM
Sackboys ap gain was out of contorl
#19PyroSparkPosted 12/2/2012 1:08:32 PM
ConradimusPrime posted...
Or you recognize things that you think don't work and fix them...

Both are completely valid reactions. If they looked and saw sackboys stats and he gets crazy level three kills quickly, that's probably worth patching

Sorry you're a "meta game elitist" or whatever, but you seem to be in the minority on this issue

I do agree with this. It's not like everyone was whining how sackboy was invincible in every way, it was how outrageous his level 3 was because it could get 7 kills. >_>
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#20galindo62Posted 12/2/2012 1:11:27 PM
Nojobbob its pretty safe to say youre a moron. No offense.

This isnt a twitch reaction,.this was an unanimous decision by the online community the fighting game community and the developers.

There are plenty of other nerfs people wanted, but they held off on.