Why is Nariko so bad in FFA ;-;

#1mariofilho12Posted 12/2/2012 2:48:11 PM
I've recently discovered how fun Nariko is, with a million different ways to get 130+ AP, but the only way I can play ranked with her is FFA and 2v2, and since I can't really find a permanent 2v2 partner, I've just had to stick to FFA

And she kind of sucks at FFA, since her combos are so long, she becomes very vulnerable and it's hard to open up on people while 2 other guys are trying to murder you
---
This guy is a jerk : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
#2doshikuPosted 12/2/2012 2:52:24 PM
mariofilho12 posted...
I've recently discovered how fun Nariko is, with a million different ways to get 130+ AP, but the only way I can play ranked with her is FFA and 2v2, and since I can't really find a permanent 2v2 partner, I've just had to stick to FFA

And she kind of sucks at FFA, since her combos are so long, she becomes very vulnerable and it's hard to open up on people while 2 other guys are trying to murder you

Very true. Gotsta learn to break into a dodge while the yellow cricle is glowing around you mid-combo. Sucks, but you'll get killed less
---
Shofu Tha Beatdown. PSN: Doshiku. Playstation all stars ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT. Level 999 Nariko, no one else matters except Kat
#33D3Posted 12/2/2012 2:54:25 PM
I've got a pretty good record with her.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#4ZidaneskiPosted 12/2/2012 2:56:09 PM
Yeah she is a very risky character. But sometimes that works to your advantage because people will try to back stab you with their super. If you can tell that thats what their gonna do you can get out of there easily.
#5ParisByNitePosted 12/2/2012 2:57:47 PM
It's so true. She has amazing combos, but they're VERY risky to use in FFA. 2v2, she's awesome. Also, her LV1 Super is very situational... I guess her LV2 makes up for it, but she's certainly a fun character to use.
---
I support love.
PSN: RiceAndJoy
#6bartz90Posted 12/2/2012 3:00:55 PM
ParisByNite posted...
It's so true. She has amazing combos, but they're VERY risky to use in FFA. 2v2, she's awesome. Also, her LV1 Super is very situational... I guess her LV2 makes up for it, but she's certainly a fun character to use.

Not even. People can just stand right next to you on level 2 to live. They do it to me and I do it them and its fairly easy to dodge otherwise.

IMO they need to buff her level 1 so if you touch the fireworks you die. You have to be dead center touching it to get killed. People compare it to Drake's but his is one million times better because he can choose where to blow it up. Some people don't even seem to realize that.
---
-
#7OdahviingPosted 12/2/2012 3:14:22 PM
I win tons in FFA, then again I play stock if that matters. Once I get my lvl 3 it's usually over, or I just use my lvl 1 & 2 when the opponents least expect it
#8ChocoboDreamsPosted 12/2/2012 3:20:40 PM
Because she isn't able to spam the kind of cheap crap that dominates FFA.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#9bartz90Posted 12/2/2012 3:27:23 PM
I was just playing against Ratchet. It's really unfair that just touching him from behind or in the middle on his level 1 can kill you but you can just stand right next to Nariko's 2 and just laugh at her.
---
-
#10NDgamer1122Posted 12/2/2012 3:29:14 PM
I was just playing against Ratchet. It's really unfair that just touching him from behind or in the middle on his level 1 can kill you but you can just stand right next to Nariko's 2 and just laugh at her.

She should be able to whack you dead by turning her turret around. It should actually take needing to jump over it over and over to dodge it.