Why no single player adventure mode like SSB?

#141snowboard340Posted 12/3/2012 1:35:07 PM
If by Story mode you mean subspace emissary, then no, you didn't just unlock characters in that mode. Single player mode, and just logging in time in vs. mode unlocked characters too. I should know cause I didn't play that subspace mode nearly as much as the other modes. Don't just make up stuff.

Where did i make stuff up? That is the quickest way to unlock them. As much as i wanted to play 300 versus matches to get Sonic (which i only played about 50 before i was bored with the game completely), the SE is the quickest and easiest way to unlock him, and the rest of the characters, and that is how i unlocked all of them (who knew people played the game differently then you!).
#142Capitan_KidPosted 12/3/2012 1:58:19 PM
3D3 posted...
Did the first Smash Bros have it?

And quality>quantity

Why are you comparing a game from the 90s to one from 2012? Thats stupid.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#143TheExiled280Posted 12/3/2012 2:01:58 PM
because this isn't Smash Bros

on a side note, Smash is basically the only fighter to ever have a good story mode like. All the other fighting games that tried it failed
---
Kat revealed as FREE DLC for PSASBR!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/15/first-playstation-all-stars-dlc-kat-and-emmett-join-the-battle-royale-for-free/
#144legendofskylandPosted 12/3/2012 2:04:00 PM
TheExiled280 posted...

on a side note, Smash is basically the only fighter to ever have a good story mode like. All the other fighting games that tried it failed

Blazblue
#145Thenumber1yoshiPosted 12/3/2012 2:13:28 PM
Well maybe not a Brawl sized Adventure mode but something like Melee's where there were just a few cutscenes in the game to show how you were progressing every once in a while. But I know I can't talk since I've only watched Youtube videos of this game.
#146TheExiled280Posted 12/3/2012 2:17:18 PM
From: legendofskyland | Posted: 12/3/2012 4:04:00 PM | #144
TheExiled280 posted...

Blazblue

I was talking about the action adventure story mode

also a BlazBlue player, its story isn't that great. its designed like a visual novel with very few (and easy fights) once in a blue moon. I got kind of bored with it. the game itself is great though
---
Soul Sacrifice TGS 2012 Trailer:
http://youtu.be/hIoGoG-7L-c
#147KillDozer123Posted 12/3/2012 2:19:41 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...

Blazblue

also a BlazBlue player, its story isn't that great. its designed like a visual novel with very few (and easy fights) once in a blue moon. I got kind of bored with it. the game itself is great though

Mortal Kombat.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#148Knowledge_KingPosted 12/3/2012 5:21:57 PM
snowboard340 posted...
If by Story mode you mean subspace emissary, then no, you didn't just unlock characters in that mode. Single player mode, and just logging in time in vs. mode unlocked characters too. I should know cause I didn't play that subspace mode nearly as much as the other modes. Don't just make up stuff.

Where did i make stuff up? That is the quickest way to unlock them. As much as i wanted to play 300 versus matches to get Sonic (which i only played about 50 before i was bored with the game completely), the SE is the quickest and easiest way to unlock him, and the rest of the characters, and that is how i unlocked all of them (who knew people played the game differently then you!).

I disagree, playing 300 games would be quicker for me, since subspace is kinda boring and would take much longer for me to complete due to the unwillingness to play. And your last sentence, well the parenthesis is my point. The story mode was not the only way to unlock people. Most people I know unlocked them from just playing the game. if you couldn't play more than 50 games without getting bored, you bought the wrong game.
---
http://www.reverbnation.com/intellectualquota
http://www.datpiff.com/Intellectual-Quota-Intellectual-World-mixtape.287780.html
#149TheExiled280Posted 12/3/2012 5:24:05 PM
KillDozer123 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...

Blazblue

Mortal Kombat.

Which Mortal Kombat had an action adventure story mode???

MK9s story was good though
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), New Little King Story(PSV) & Growlanser WoT(PSP)
#150rumbalumbaPosted 12/3/2012 5:29:20 PM
legendofskyland posted...
TheExiled280 posted...

Blazblue

Persona 4 Arena.