Why no single player adventure mode like SSB?

#21SuplexKirbyPosted 12/2/2012 3:28:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:33:34 PM
judgementaeon posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
And I bet all of you disagreeing with me would play the Adventure Mode if it had it. Stop being silly...

Why do you compare this to Brawl?

Seriously? You really have to ask that?

Same reason why Battlefield gets compared to Call of duty... They are similar games. Use common sense....
---
Some of you have very stupid "Sigs"... :/
#23rumbalumbaPosted 12/2/2012 3:36:36 PM
ZeroGravity38 posted...
Why do people want story mode in a fighting game come on it's a fighting game.

because it should be fun, more than anything. these fighting game "experts" don't know how to make a video game. yeah yeah yeah the fighting mechanics are there, but all of the other areas are lacking. story is lacking, menus are lacking, game modes are severely lacking, etc. all of which, Smash Bros. has.

all this talk about "oh it's a fighting game" just gives me a headache. if SuperBot so wants to lick the FGC's ass and shove this down our throats as "it's a fighting game! look at the people behind it! look at how competitive it is!", they it has already failed right from the get-go. if they think they could surpass Smash that way, then they're just dreaming. we all know this was made to compete with Smash, not with SF, Tekken, or Blazblue. in the end, it got caught in the middle. it looks like a party brawler, with 4 player FFA being focus, but then the devs so want it to be competitive that it just failed. either do a party brawler or do a serious fighting game. look at Smash. never meant to be competitive, but players made it competitive. don't go out there saying "oh look at our game, it's competitive!" let the players decide whether or not it can be competitive.
#24BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:44:08 PM
rumbalumba posted...
ZeroGravity38 posted...
Why do people want story mode in a fighting game come on it's a fighting game.

because it should be fun, more than anything. these fighting game "experts" don't know how to make a video game. yeah yeah yeah the fighting mechanics are there, but all of the other areas are lacking. story is lacking, menus are lacking, game modes are severely lacking, etc. all of which, Smash Bros. has.

all this talk about "oh it's a fighting game" just gives me a headache. if SuperBot so wants to lick the FGC's ass and shove this down our throats as "it's a fighting game! look at the people behind it! look at how competitive it is!", they it has already failed right from the get-go. if they think they could surpass Smash that way, then they're just dreaming. we all know this was made to compete with Smash, not with SF, Tekken, or Blazblue. in the end, it got caught in the middle. it looks like a party brawler, with 4 player FFA being focus, but then the devs so want it to be competitive that it just failed. either do a party brawler or do a serious fighting game. look at Smash. never meant to be competitive, but players made it competitive. don't go out there saying "oh look at our game, it's competitive!" let the players decide whether or not it can be competitive.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is not in denial about this game. I agree with you 100%. About a year or two ago, I was one of the people wishing Sony would make a SSB like game with playstation characters, while so many people were telling me to "shut up and go play SSB, Sony doesn't need a party brawler". My wish came true, but now that it's here, it's lacking so much, it just makes me want to go buy super Smash Bros. Brawl... :/
---
#25Buddy_DacotePosted 12/2/2012 3:44:21 PM
Would a campaign mode be nice? Sure, but I'd rather see them spending time and money on more characters, because the list has some pretty big holes.
#26BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:50:29 PM
Buddy_Dacote posted...
Would a campaign mode be nice? Sure, but I'd rather see them spending time and money on more characters, because the list has some pretty big holes.

I find it rather ridiculous how they left so many characters out that they know people really want...
---
#27BkzUziPosted 12/2/2012 3:50:57 PM
Goodbye18000 posted...
Because Nintendoes what Sonydon't.

#28judgementaeonPosted 12/2/2012 3:52:08 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
judgementaeon posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
And I bet all of you disagreeing with me would play the Adventure Mode if it had it. Stop being silly...

Why do you compare this to Brawl?

Seriously? You really have to ask that?

Same reason why Battlefield gets compared to Call of duty... They are similar games. Use common sense....

Actually...they're both party fighters but...
no percentage bar
no falling system
uses supers to kill
uses a super bar to gain super, rather than a floating ball
no clone characters (and the only thing the Coles have in common is there [] and level 1 super)
Crossover stages...
---
This sig will stay until I get/don't get this game for Christmas!!! :D
#29JablesXPosted 12/2/2012 3:52:46 PM
Adventure mode in Melee and Subspace Emissary in Brawl felt more like "Might as well do this to do everything in the game" things than actual fun.
---
PSN/Steam: CrowDieSlow
Official Starmie of the B/W Clan
#30judgementaeonPosted 12/2/2012 3:53:00 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
Buddy_Dacote posted...

I find it rather ridiculous how they left so many characters out that they know people really want...

Maybe some companies wouldn't let them be in the game :p
---
This sig will stay until I get/don't get this game for Christmas!!! :D