Why no single player adventure mode like SSB?

#31blazin640Posted 12/2/2012 2:53:11 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
Buddy_Dacote posted...
Would a campaign mode be nice? Sure, but I'd rather see them spending time and money on more characters, because the list has some pretty big holes.

I find it rather ridiculous how they left so many characters out that they know people really want...

Blame the companies. They have to approve in order for Superbot to use them. It's not Superbots fault.
#32Haku125Posted 12/2/2012 2:55:54 PM
Lol this is a stupid question. Super Smash bros brawl was a third installment. They had something to build from. This game they built from the ground up. It would take them an extra year or so to add that sorta story mode. Plus the subspace emissary was boring and repetetive. Wait for a sequel for that sorta stuff.
---
Superbot: 20 characters is our launch roster SNARF SNARF
#33BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 2:56:40 PM
blazin640 posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Buddy_Dacote posted...
Would a campaign mode be nice? Sure, but I'd rather see them spending time and money on more characters, because the list has some pretty big holes.

I find it rather ridiculous how they left so many characters out that they know people really want...

Blame the companies. They have to approve in order for Superbot to use them. It's not Superbots fault.

Well I guess I have been put in my place then :)

So they couldn't put in Cloud? Or Crash Bandicoot?
---
Some of you have very stupid "Sigs"... :/
#34judgementaeonPosted 12/2/2012 2:56:57 PM
Haku125 posted...
Lol this is a stupid question. Super Smash bros brawl was a third installment. They had something to build from. This game they built from the ground up. It would take them an extra year or so to add that sorta story mode. Plus the subspace emissary was boring and repetetive. Wait for a sequel for that sorta stuff.

Exactly :p

P.S. Yay Haku's still here ^_^ I thought you left XD
---
This sig will stay until I get/don't get this game for Christmas!!! :D
#35judgementaeonPosted 12/2/2012 2:57:44 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
blazin640 posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Buddy_Dacote posted...

I guess...though I'd rather prefer Lightning lol
---
This sig will stay until I get/don't get this game for Christmas!!! :D
#36Nisa20Posted 12/2/2012 2:59:18 PM
judgementaeon posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
blazin640 posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Buddy_Dacote posted...

I guess...though I'd rather prefer Lightning lol

Same
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#37DanulusPosted 12/2/2012 2:59:23 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
blazin640 posted...
BlackFeathers posted...
Buddy_Dacote posted...

Obviously not. If they could they would be in the game. Makes sense yes?

"It takes two to tango." - Superbot
---
"Do not swallow your moral code in tablet form." - Christopher Hitchens
"What a shame." - J.C. Denton
#38SSBR10Posted 12/2/2012 3:08:46 PM(edited)
While an adventure mode would have been good, there's no guarantee that it would be a well-written story. Brawl's storyline was mediocre at best and it was obviously because they were trying to put all the characters in the spotlight somehow, while leaving so many unanswered questions. So it's better to have an Adventure Mode than a Story Mode for crossover games like this.

However, I will say that this game doesn't NEED an Adventure Mode. It's not a requirement for this game. Just because Smash Bros. have it, doesn't mean this game needs to have it too.

OmegaWeaponGean posted...
The OP makes sense. A good game needs BOTH gameplay AND story. I LOVE All Stars but it has NO story. I cant even say the story is mediocre because it's simply nonexistent. Why does Radec hate Sir Daniel? What is Evil Coles problem with Fat Princess? Why does Dante even ATTEMPT to flirt with Nariko? Why would Ratchet and Jak fight?
The only Rivalry that makes sense is Kratos vs Sweet Tooth. Cause they pretty much hate everything.

The rivalries are explained in the cutscenes themselves. It shows the conversations leading to their fights. Anybody could see that.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#39rumbalumbaPosted 12/2/2012 3:01:07 PM
Haku125 posted...

yeah but All-Stars had 100+ people working on it.

also,

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl/Modes

look at that list of game modes. now compare that to All-Stars. yyyyep.
#40howiehiewPosted 12/2/2012 3:17:09 PM
I don't know about a full on adventure mode but a bit more development on the story would be nice. The rivalries don't actually feel like rivalries at the moment, they're just,
'oh you did X, or said Y, I don't like you now. Let's fight!'
tehn you have one match with him and you're done. that's not a rivalry that's just some random fight you had, much like the other random fights you just went through to get there.
---
"Violent video games don't create psychopaths, video games make psychopaths more creative"