Why no single player adventure mode like SSB?

#41rumbalumbaPosted 12/2/2012 3:24:36 PM
howiehiew posted...
I don't know about a full on adventure mode but a bit more development on the story would be nice. The rivalries don't actually feel like rivalries at the moment, they're just,
'oh you did X, or said Y, I don't like you now. Let's fight!'
tehn you have one match with him and you're done. that's not a rivalry that's just some random fight you had, much like the other random fights you just went through to get there.

exactly. rivalries are useless within a game where you can fight anyone. not only that, but the rivalry system is useless within a game where story is an afterthought.

story was overhyped, final boss was overhyped, heck minions were overhyped.

remember when peopel were saying, "hell yeah Polygon Man the best boss ever!!!" look at those people now. they don't even mention Polygon Man AT ALL.

"well unlike the crap that is Smash, All-Stars will be balanced! HA! take that!"

and now, "omg Kratos, Raiden, spammers! Sackbot should be nerfed! Sir Dan should be buffed!"

talk about a complete 180.

"hell yeah minions! tons and tons of unlocks! yeah content we haven't seen yet!"

now, "oh, minions don't do anything? oh so we only unlock image tiles and icons..and uhhh..titles or belts which really do nothing?"
#42SSBR10Posted 12/2/2012 3:28:51 PM
howiehiew posted...
I don't know about a full on adventure mode but a bit more development on the story would be nice. The rivalries don't actually feel like rivalries at the moment, they're just,
tehn you have one match with him and you're done. that's not a rivalry that's just some random fight you had, much like the other random fights you just went through to get there.

Are you new to fighting games or something? Rivalries have been like this for years, even to this day.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#43christiankid7Posted 12/2/2012 3:29:13 PM
1. It would take away from the most important aspect of a FG, Balance

2. It would sound like a REALLY bad fanfiction....

3. They would have had to have permission for whatever happened with each character. That would be Time-Consuming and a hassle for the devs and IP holders.....

4. Its not that important
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#44howiehiewPosted 12/2/2012 4:10:50 PM
SSBR10 posted...
howiehiew posted...

Are you new to fighting games or something? Rivalries have been like this for years, even to this day.

Fine, I admit that i don't play a whole lot of fighting games, but let's not kid ourselves. we we all expecting a lot more from the story. I've played enough fighting games to know that they aren't well known for engaging story lines, but I wished they made the characters interact with each other a bit more. that's what makes the whole concept interesting, two worlds meeting, not to guys fighting cause some guy messed up my ice cream. As it stands now, fanfiction would do a better job at this.
---
"Violent video games don't create psychopaths, video games make psychopaths more creative"
#45CyhortI82Posted 12/2/2012 5:03:50 PM
Because people who make fighting games have pretty much given up on the single player. They just assume all fighting game fans wanna do is go online and play multiplayer. And the sad thing is, they're kinda right. Pretty much the reason why I don't go past Mortal Kombat for my fighting games these days.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#46MMG_Posted 12/2/2012 5:10:29 PM
It cant be like SSBB because dlc characters.

Some characters wouldnt have part in the story and they would look silly.

I think this is the reason Sony is releasing 2 character at once, Kat will interact with the other guy I think. (if you beat with one of them in arcade mode).
---
Y'know what? Katarina is my waifu <3
#47judgementaeonPosted 12/2/2012 5:12:20 PM
MMG_ posted...
It cant be like SSBB because dlc characters.

Some characters wouldnt have part in the story and they would look silly.

I think this is the reason Sony is releasing 2 character at once, Kat will interact with the other guy I think. (if you beat with one of them in arcade mode).

Exactly lol
---
This sig will stay until I get/don't get this game for Christmas!!! :D
#48BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 5:20:12 PM(edited)
I should've clarified. I don't care about Story in fighting games, I never really did. When I said "Adventure mode", I meant like in Super Smash Bros. Melee where you go through levels/obstacles. Like in Melee how you start off in the Super Mario World and you get to attack goombas ! :)

EDIT: Like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1NXvTj0zQg
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better... :/
#49judgementaeonPosted 12/2/2012 5:19:49 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
I should've clarified. I don't care about Story in fighting games, I never really did. When I said "Adventure mode", I meant like in Super Smash Bros. Melee where you go through levels/obstacles. Like in Melee how you start off in the Super Mario World and you get to attack goombas ! :)

OHHHH lol yeah, that'd be cool, but I honestly don't know how they'd insert that in :0
---
This sig will stay until I get/don't get this game for Christmas!!! :D
#50RogueDarkPosted 12/2/2012 5:20:13 PM
Playable online > short offline story in a Fighting game anyday
---
Dream team for USA Canada cup 2012 Justin Wong, Wolfkrone, Alex V, Mike Ross and PR Rog.