Why no single player adventure mode like SSB?

#51SonicNashPosted 12/2/2012 6:21:31 PM(edited)
Isn't TC the one who cried about Sackboy's nerf? So he is crying yet again...?
---
PSN: brandaman69
Platinum in Blazblue:CT, Tekken 6, MvC3, UMvC3, SSFIV, SFxTK. That mean I am better than you in those games.
#52BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 6:23:46 PM
SonicNash posted...
Isn't TC the one who cried about Sackboy's nerf? So he is crying yet again...?

No, I was "crying" about the community. All you people do is complain when you get your ass kicked too hard. Once they nerf sackboy, you guys will get stomped by Kratos or Raiden. Then they will get nerfed and so on...
---
This is a Message Board. If you can't handle people criticizing a game that they've ALSO paid money for, then your parent's should have raised you better... :/
#53jakestar0306Posted 12/2/2012 6:45:00 PM
I agree with TC... unlike anyone else here <_<

A story mode isn't necessary, but it certainly adds to the overall quality if it's good enough. I guess Sony is too lazy to think of a story.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#54MightymegaPosted 12/2/2012 6:49:48 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
Parukia256 posted...
Because it's better for them to put that kind of time into making a decently competitive game.

It would have been even better if they would have just added it in and release the game later. Whatever it takes to make a game better, they should go for it...

They couldn't go for it, games have budgets and deadlines. Believe me I would have loved the delay of the game but its already out and it is what it is. Just hope for a sequel to come for them to do better.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#55johnluke728Posted 12/2/2012 6:53:04 PM
TC, did you mean the Adventure mode from Super Smash Bros. Melee, or the Story mode of Brawl? The former I could see happening with little effort, but the latter? Not so much. I'm sure the devs wanted to do something, ya know, different from Smash Bros. XD
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#56SSBR10Posted 12/2/2012 6:54:52 PM
howiehiew posted...
Fine, I admit that i don't play a whole lot of fighting games, but let's not kid ourselves. we we all expecting a lot more from the story. I've played enough fighting games to know that they aren't well known for engaging story lines, but I wished they made the characters interact with each other a bit more. that's what makes the whole concept interesting, two worlds meeting, not to guys fighting cause some guy messed up my ice cream. As it stands now, fanfiction would do a better job at this.

Well, whether you agree with it or not, that IS interaction. You might think the whole Kratos vs. Sweet Tooth thing is silly but what's really important is that it's all in-character. That's what some people don't seem to get.

And people, let's be honest, a storyline for this game is not easy. If the story itself isn't good or dowright terrible (one of these is likely to occur), then it would be a complete waste of time. It's a pretty risky move.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#57LuminescentRulePosted 12/2/2012 7:07:08 PM
howiehiew posted...
Fine, I admit that i don't play a whole lot of fighting games, but let's not kid ourselves. we we all expecting a lot more from the story. I've played enough fighting games to know that they aren't well known for engaging story lines, but I wished they made the characters interact with each other a bit more. that's what makes the whole concept interesting, two worlds meeting, not to guys fighting cause some guy messed up my ice cream. As it stands now, fanfiction would do a better job at this.

Well, whether you agree with it or not, that IS interaction. You might think the whole Kratos vs. Sweet Tooth thing is silly but what's really important is that it's all in-character. That's what some people don't seem to get.

And people, let's be honest, a storyline for this game is not easy. If the story itself isn't good or dowright terrible (one of these is likely to occur), then it would be a complete waste of time. It's a pretty risky move.

No, it's not. Why does Kratos have to interact with Sweet Tooth only? The lack of a story mode in one of the main reasons why this game is failing.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#58LuminescentRulePosted 12/2/2012 7:08:02 PM
TC, did you mean the Adventure mode from Super Smash Bros. Melee, or the Story mode of Brawl? The former I could see happening with little effort, but the latter? Not so much. I'm sure the devs wanted to do something, ya know, different from Smash Bros. XD

So, they make something that's similar to fighting games? Even though this is not a fighting game.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#59howiehiewPosted 12/2/2012 11:23:30 PM
SSBR10 posted...
<

That is interaction. but it wasn't very good and lasted all but 30 seconds.Also i seriously don't think sweet tooth actually made ice cream. granted he doesn't really need a reason to kill people, but the ice cream kinda comes off as just a lame excuse they made up to get them to fight.
A storyline for games is not easy, but i didn't say tit had to be all that good. I'm not asking for another mass effect here I just want to see different characters interact with each other. banter a little bit. I'm a bit more forgiving cause it's their first game and they really needed to get the actual gameplay working and stuff, but they probably should consider pulling all the stops next time.
---
"Violent video games don't create psychopaths, video games make psychopaths more creative"
#60snowboard340Posted 12/2/2012 11:31:36 PM(edited)
the story mode in brawl was one of the biggest reasons behind me hating it so much. It was god awful, and extremely boring.... Plus, it was how you unlocked characters. I'm glad this game just gave simple stories to each character for single player.

EDIT: Though, i liked melees adventure mode, so i guess adding that to connect battles would have been cool.... As long as it was short. But i feel like they wouldn't have time to make it for each individual character.