Why no single player adventure mode like SSB?

#61LeagultPosted 12/2/2012 11:33:11 PM
Because then people would complain that it's too much like SSB.
#62Ludacris01Posted 12/2/2012 11:34:49 PM
A one time story mode in a fighting game is stupid
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#63TheBestGman2007Posted 12/2/2012 11:35:06 PM
ZeroGravity38 posted...
Gameplay>Story

That's. Just. Wrong.
---
"If season is two, is better than season one, it'll go down as the greatest show of all time." - Myself.
Official nomad of Gamefaqs...
#64Ludacris01Posted 12/2/2012 11:53:27 PM
TheBestGman2007 posted...
ZeroGravity38 posted...
Gameplay>Story

That's. Just. Wrong.

No its not
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#65TheBestGman2007Posted 12/2/2012 11:55:52 PM
Ludacris01 posted...
ZeroGravity38 posted...
Gameplay>Story

That's. Just. Wrong.

No its not

Yes it is, if you're getting emotionally invested, what's the point?
---
"If season is two, is better than season one, it'll go down as the greatest show of all time." - Myself.
#66THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 12/2/2012 11:59:17 PM
Cause fighting games don't really need it.

The only fighting game recently that had a good story mode was Mortal Kombat...that's the only one I liked. All Stars pretty much followed standard fighting game procedures with the Arcade mode on this.

See that short little vid....Then...laugh or cry and.....then forget it like many more before it.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#67TheBestGman2007Posted 12/3/2012 12:02:30 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...

The only fighting game recently that had a good story mode was Mortal Kombat...that's the only one I liked. All Stars pretty much followed standard fighting game procedures with the Arcade mode on this.

See that short little vid....Then...laugh or cry and.....then forget it like many more before it.

That is a valid point, although some fightning games at least try to give a singleplayer experience. Tekken, and the aforementioned MK. My point is that at all great games have memorable characters and stories. In 10 years nobody will be saying: "Man remember [game's] control scheme? Man, I remember, pressing X, then O!!! Those were the days." They'll say: "I remember [Character's name], and his struggle."
---
#68SSBR10Posted 12/3/2012 12:04:56 AM
howiehiew posted...
That is interaction. but it wasn't very good and lasted all but 30 seconds.Also i seriously don't think sweet tooth actually made ice cream. granted he doesn't really need a reason to kill people, but the ice cream kinda comes off as just a lame excuse they made up to get them to fight.

Sweet Tooth is a sick, psychopath. I'm sure he'd fight over an ice cream. Heck, he rides an ice cream truck, if I recall correctly.

A storyline for games is not easy, but i didn't say tit had to be all that good. I'm not asking for another mass effect here I just want to see different characters interact with each other. banter a little bit. I'm a bit more forgiving cause it's their first game and they really needed to get the actual gameplay working and stuff, but they probably should consider pulling all the stops next time.

I want to see characters interact too. It's just that to me, this is better than nothing and I think I'd rather have this than a Story Mode because it's gonna be tough trying to get all these characters into the spotlight while making a good story. But what's good is that unlike Smash Bros., these characters would actually talk. But I don't know. We'll see what happens next time but it doesn't matter to me because I'm personally okay with this.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#69blaze19_0XPosted 12/3/2012 12:09:42 AM(edited)
My point is that at all great games have memorable characters and stories. In 10 years nobody will be saying: "Man remember [game's] control scheme? Man, I remember, pressing X, then O!!! Those were the days." They'll say: "I remember [Character's name], and his struggle."

You are completely wrong.

When I look back on Brawl I don't remember the tacked on, horribly repetitive and shallow story mode. I remember all the epic and intense matches I've had with friends.

Why do people still play 64 and Melee to this day? What about Street Fighter? None of those are great games to you because they don't have story modes?

You aren't much of a gamer if all you remember about games is the story and characters. Even as far as RPGs go a good story and amazing character development can't save a game with bad gameplay.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#70THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 12/3/2012 12:09:24 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...

That is a valid point, although some fightning games at least try to give a singleplayer experience. Tekken, and the aforementioned MK. My point is that at all great games have memorable characters and stories. In 10 years nobody will be saying: "Man remember [game's] control scheme? Man, I remember, pressing X, then O!!! Those were the days." They'll say: "I remember [Character's name], and his struggle."

I used to care about SF and Tekkens story till this generation games....The stories became crap. Mortal Kombat pulled off a miracle with the way they did that story and they don't get enough praise for it. How they reworked the MK lore was amazing. I buying the new MK cause I really want to see what happens next.

Making and maintaining a good story for a fighting game series is REALLY hard to do so I don't really hold it against fighting games if they fall short in that area.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT