Why no single player adventure mode like SSB?

#91johnluke728Posted 12/3/2012 1:33:39 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
If all you care about is the story there is literally no reason to ever buy a game. Just watch other people play it/cutscenes on youtube.

That's how stupid this argument is.

Yeah, except watching a game's cutscenes only gives you half of the big picture, which will leave you more confused than enlightened. In a lot of games nowadays, more than half of the story dialogue plays out in-game. There are still plenty of reasons to actually play the game, and not just for the fun of it. Everything in balance, obviously. Did you miss that line in my last few posts?
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#92blaze19_0XPosted 12/3/2012 1:33:55 AM
TheBestGman2007 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
To the people saying Story>Gameplay.

Please be joking.

Let me put it like this: Minecraft literally has endless hours of gameplay, but do you think anyone would put in a list of greatest games of all time? Bioshock, Majora's Mask, Minecraft?

Mario, Street Fighter, Smash and countless other franchises are easily much more iconic to video games and pop culture than the ones you listed.

And they don't have a solid story, nor will they ever. Your argument is terrible.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#93TheBestGman2007Posted 12/3/2012 1:35:08 AM
johnluke728 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
If all you care about is the story there is literally no reason to ever buy a game. Just watch other people play it/cutscenes on youtube.

Yeah, except watching a game's cutscenes only gives you half of the big picture, which will leave you more confused than enlightened. In a lot of games nowadays, more than half of the story dialogue plays out in-game. There are still plenty of reasons to actually play the game, and not just for the fun of it. Everything in balance, obviously. Did you miss that line in my last few posts?

I think he skipped our entire conversation, because you're right. Nobody said all we want is story, which is what he said we said. We just prefer the story, our argument wasn't half as stupid as his "point."
---
"If season is two, is better than season one, it'll go down as the greatest show of all time." - Myself.
Official nomad of Gamefaqs...
#94blaze19_0XPosted 12/3/2012 1:35:56 AM
johnluke728 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Yeah, except watching a game's cutscenes only gives you half of the big picture, which will leave you more confused than enlightened. In a lot of games nowadays, more than half of the story dialogue plays out in-game.

There are full "Let's plays" of every game you could possibly want. They cover in-game and everything story related.

So again, just watch those. No need to buy games if you don't care about gamplay.
---
#95TheBestGman2007Posted 12/3/2012 1:36:45 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
kupo1705 posted...
To the people saying Story>Gameplay.

Please be joking.

Let me put it like this: Minecraft literally has endless hours of gameplay, but do you think anyone would put in a list of greatest games of all time? Bioshock, Majora's Mask, Minecraft?

Mario, Street Fighter, Smash and countless other franchises are easily much more iconic to video games and pop culture than the ones you listed.

And they don't have a solid story, nor will they ever. Your argument is terrible.

Above post.
---
"If season is two, is better than season one, it'll go down as the greatest show of all time." - Myself.
Official nomad of Gamefaqs...
#96ImDyinSquirtlePosted 12/3/2012 1:39:42 AM(edited)
johnluke728 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Ok fine, then watch a "Let's Play" on YouTube.

I get what you're trying to say, but at the end of the day, you're playing the game for it's gameplay, and a great story is just the icing on the cake. If you were truly after a great story first and foremost, there are other forms of entertainment that are more suited towards this preference. Those other forms do a better job of achieving the desired effect than video games do.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#97kupo1705Posted 12/3/2012 1:38:33 AM
The gameplay is the foundation of a game.
If the gameplay is bad, the whole game falls apart.
There's no such thing as a good game with bad gameplay.
#98blaze19_0XPosted 12/3/2012 1:38:51 AM
You are changing your argument now. Here's what you said earlier:

My point is that at all great games have memorable characters and stories. In 10 years nobody will be saying: "Man remember [game's] control scheme? Man, I remember, pressing X, then O!!! Those were the days." They'll say: "I remember [Character's name], and his struggle."

And the other poster clearly said gameplay doesn't matter it's just hitting plastic buttons.
---
#99johnluke728Posted 12/3/2012 1:40:10 AM
I think he skipped our entire conversation, because you're right. Nobody said all we want is story, which is what he said we said. We just prefer the story, our argument wasn't half as stupid as his "point."

At any rate he must have skipped the whole conversation. XD If not, then he's just putting words in our mouth. I'll have to remember that next time someone brushes off a point in future debates like this. =P
---
http://shantaefanforums.tk/ <-- Huge fan of the Shantae games? Then you should check the first fan forum that's all about the belly-dancing half-genie!
#100Ludacris01Posted 12/3/2012 1:41:04 AM
Ludacris01 posted...
A one time story mode in a fighting game is stupid

---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH