Is Good Cole a bad choice of a character to use?

#11mimmatPosted 12/3/2012 9:31:04 AM
Check out http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64793866#6 for some of my Good Cole combos and suggestions.

I would say he plays quite differently from evil Cole. Evil Cole can only get a combo into a level 1 super if his opponent stays grounded a lot. Good Cole can get supers even if people are in the air, and I would say he's much more mobile, since a majority of his triangle and circle moves come out faster than Evil Cole's equivalents and have far less lag.

At the end of the day I think they're both viable, Evil Cole is just more simple in terms of combos and gameplay strategy, and thus more appealing to a casual player.
#12Rikudo-PeinPosted 12/3/2012 9:33:46 AM
I prefer good Cole.. But Evil Cole is probably better.
---
PSN: theomm
"Mokuton Hijutsu: Jukai Kotan "
#13GhostscorePosted 12/3/2012 9:36:13 AM
I fought a good player using good Cole earlier this day, He actually was kicking ass, though forgot his name.
But no it's not a bad choice at all.
---
PSN: Heartwire
#14throttledPosted 12/3/2012 10:32:19 AM
Evil Cole is certainly below Cole, but neither are top tier.

Anyone who says Evil Cole's UT is better than Cole's Doesn't know how Cole's UT works. UT for Cole is redirect Missile from Infamous 2. After you throw it up you shoot with NT at an enemy and it homes towards their position when you hit them, causing knockback for further zoning.

Cole is a great All-around character with amazing zoning, decent rushdown, very solid combo game (many 150+ AP combos if executed correctly), and excellent combos to level 1 and 2 supers. He is difficult to play and get used to because to play at the highest level you need to use literally everyone one of his abilities IMO, and it requires knowing the situations to use them. He excels in 1v1 and 2v2 the most, but can be playable in FFA as well.

He has a ton of potential and is my favorite character in PSASBR.
#15Q_BlahPosted 12/3/2012 10:34:28 AM
Good Cole has better more creative combos that require more execution than evil cole. I still perfer evil cole though because hes easier to play.
---
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png
#16Retroxgamer0Posted 12/4/2012 8:33:31 PM(edited)
good cole is faster than evil cole as well and actually im finding both coles are the same difficulty, other than complex combos where good cole is a little harder. nevertheless the average user should be able to use both. good coles square mash X3 stuns them for level 1 as do the freezing rockets. evil cole can use his circle punch for a lvl1.
#17mimmatPosted 12/4/2012 8:37:11 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
good cole is faster than evil cole as well and actually im finding both coles are the same difficulty, other than complex combos where good cole is a little harder. nevertheless the average user should be able to use both. good coles square mash X3 stuns them for level 1 as do the freezing rockets. evil cole can use his circle punch for a lvl1.

I would just like to make sure that you're aware the squareX3 into stun is only one of three possible enders, the other two knock away. The combo enders are completely random.

The more you know.