After playing a whole weekend with Jak... I feel sorry for whoever mains him

#1Cosmic_CoyotePosted 12/3/2012 9:03:31 AM
I like his character (not much but i do like him and Daxter too) and I spend this weekend playing as him but my God he is very underpowered.

Crap damage, horrible range for all his guns (even freaking Heihachi or Parappa have more range and neither of these use guns), none of his guns cause hard knock offs, pathtic like absolutely rediculous low AP gain is incredibly how he can hit so many times and get nothing, crap range and hitbox Lv1, horrible startup and hitbox / range of his Lv. 2 (even worse than Big Daddy´s Lv1), very decent Lv 3 but impossible to get with such low AP generation, bad throws, barely any follow ups for his square moves, useless gravity gun, impractical setups for his Lv1, etc... I can continue all day up.

Just when I tough Sir Dan was bad..... Jak is terrible, Super Bot should focus on buffing his AP a bit and make the Gravity / Mass gun effect wider and longer by 1 or 1.5 seconds so at least serves up as a set up for his Lv. 1, before nerfing any other character.

Kudos to whoever still wants to main the Phoenix Wright of this game.
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#2AndKevinBaconPosted 12/3/2012 9:05:00 AM
A half-decent Jak is like a roach in Stock.
#3Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:07:42 AM
AndKevinBacon posted...
A half-decent Jak is like a roach in Stock.

A half decent <insert any character´s name here that is not Jak> is like a giant Boot that can fall and stomp a decent Jak player with their superior AP gain and Supers / Combos / Lv1 setups as if he were a roach.
---
#4KindertotenwaldPosted 12/3/2012 9:08:51 AM
Jak is a good character he just has to work harder.

Sir Dan is a bad character because even with hard work it doesnt pay off.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#5Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:08:54 AM
His only real perk is his mobilty / speed, but that doesn´t means much when enemies can set you up for a guaranteed Lv1 or 2, a super they will get access very often due to their superior AP gain.
---
#6TerotrousPosted 12/3/2012 9:10:53 AM
Jak, Toro, and Sir Dan all need significant buffs.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#7Snake_BeaterPosted 12/3/2012 9:12:29 AM
why do people still not know how to spell "ridiculous"
#8Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:12:44 AM
Kindertotenwald posted...
Jak is a good character he just has to work harder.

Sir Dan is a bad character because even with hard work it doesnt pay off.

I know I main Sir Dan and he is also very hard to use but at least have several tools that works like the Axe, the shield, the dragon potion, the poison hand, the charge move, the arrow that can stunn, his massive d+s (air) range or the hammer... that witout mention his Lv1 is very fast and aimable and his Lv2 can track enemies and if used below is very hard for the enemies to dodge it fast

But with Jak is like shooting peas at your enemies is as if everyone had superarmor against hi weapons and his lv 1 is horrible
---
#9KindertotenwaldPosted 12/3/2012 9:13:03 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
His only real perk is his mobilty / speed, but that doesn´t means much when enemies can set you up for a guaranteed Lv1 or 2, a super they will get access very often due to their superior AP gain.

Its not guaranteed if the other person can't hit Jak, which is what a good player should be focusing on.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#10Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:14:17 AM
Terotrous posted...
Jak, Toro, and Sir Dan all need significant buffs.

I tough Toro sucked till I used all his forms, his ninja and Oni forms are amazing and his justice form gains high AP, and he can sleep to regain AP too and his Lv 2 is amazing for multikills.

Sir Dan is decent.

Just Jak is this bad.
---