After playing a whole weekend with Jak... I feel sorry for whoever mains him

#21KindertotenwaldPosted 12/3/2012 9:32:07 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...

Why do you think Sir Dan is better?


I already stated:

"I know I main Sir Dan and he is also very hard to use but at least have several tools that works like the Axe, the shield, the dragon potion, the poison hand, the charge move, the arrow that can stunn, his massive d+s (air) range or the hammer... that witout mention his Lv1 is very fast and aimable and his Lv2 can track enemies and if used below is very hard for the enemies to dodge it fast

But with Jak is like shooting peas at your enemies is as if everyone had superarmor against hi weapons and his lv 1 is horrible"

Also he can setup for his Lv1 with many combos (avoidables by air tech I know) but you can play mind games with his arrow and land a Lv 1 also can take people by surprise in upper platforms as it is aimable.


I don;t think he is hard to use, he has some good tools and builds AP fast but its even harder to hit with his supers, level 1 vs anyone decent will miss and lol level 2 is terribad its one of the easier supers to avoid.

With jak he can build AP fast with his blaster and has the mobility to keep away, also his wave concussor and needle laser are very good at keeping people out.

While it is hard to land a super I feel in the hands of a good player he is able to keep up, with Sir Dan it doesn't matter as you won;t be getting kills.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#22zxelmanPosted 12/3/2012 9:34:16 AM
Terotrous posted...
Jak, Toro, and Sir Dan all need significant buffs.


As a Toro main, I win enough of matches to feel balanced. If Toro was significantly buffed, I probably would be dominating like a Kratos.
---
Official Toro of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Board
Steam & PSN: Xelorx
#23ImDyinSquirtlePosted 12/3/2012 9:38:09 AM
Ive noticed that Jak mainers will always say that Jak is good if you stay in the air

Which further proves that Jak is a bad character, since 80% of the time they're in their air, it's because they're using the hoverboard (with the other 20% being the down circle and the spin attack)
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#24KindertotenwaldPosted 12/3/2012 9:39:18 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Ive noticed that Jak mainers will always say that Jak is good if you stay in the air

Which further proves that Jak is a bad character, since 80% of the time they're in their air, it's because they're using the hoverboard (with the other 20% being the down circle and the spin attack)


Whats your point? Its what he is good at, ment to be played.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy, Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#25LanceDrakePosted 12/3/2012 9:45:34 AM
From: Kindertotenwald | #024
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Ive noticed that Jak mainers will always say that Jak is good if you stay in the air

Which further proves that Jak is a bad character, since 80% of the time they're in their air, it's because they're using the hoverboard (with the other 20% being the down circle and the spin attack)


Whats your point? Its what he is good at, ment to be played.


The problem is, he has all these versatile guns, but Jak mains like myself barely use them and only use his decent weapons since that's the only way to gain AP fast enough, and when your moveset is limited, you become very predictable.
---
Alt account of NDgamer1122
Soon to be my main once I have enough Karma >.>
#26TerotrousPosted 12/3/2012 9:47:32 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
Ninja Toro can combo from several of his moves with the Liu Kang kick or the Scorpionīs spear (I had saw several people do insane combos with it online)

If by insane combos you mean 2 hit combos than sure. After a >/\ on a grounded opponent, you can turn around, jump, and do /\ for like 50AP. Whee.


Torobi really needs, at the very least, his >() to do 20 AP on hit, and his ^/\ to do 20 and knock a grounded opponent on their backside, allowing >/\ afterwards.


You can cancel his sleep move and still gain a bit of AP (works better in FFA or 2 vs 2)

It's absurdly little though. 5-10 at best and only if no one's near you.


Oni form have several tools for big Damage like d+T (ground) or u+T (air)

Both gain like 30AP and allow no follow-ups.


If v/\ launched opponents straight up and allowed for a double jump ^/\ or something Oni would be a lot better.


zxelman posted...
As a Toro main, I win enough of matches to feel balanced. If Toro was significantly buffed, I probably would be dominating like a Kratos.

You're probably just good at the game. There's nothing Toro does that, say, Fat Princess doesn't do better. And Fat Princess isn't anywhere near top tier in FFA.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#27Lucarioaura22Posted 12/3/2012 9:57:14 AM
LanceDrake posted...
From: Kindertotenwald | #024
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Ive noticed that Jak mainers will always say that Jak is good if you stay in the air

Which further proves that Jak is a bad character, since 80% of the time they're in their air, it's because they're using the hoverboard (with the other 20% being the down circle and the spin attack)


Whats your point? Its what he is good at, ment to be played.


The problem is, he has all these versatile guns, but Jak mains like myself barely use them and only use his decent weapons since that's the only way to gain AP fast enough, and when your moveset is limited, you become very predictable.


As a Jak main, I can tell you that even though he has many gun options, they don't pay off and gain very little AP. His gravity/mass, arc lighting/neutral triangle and down triangle just leave you open. The best thing is to forward triangle, hoverboard and concussion wave. While fighting melee characters (especially forward square kratos') use the needle lazer because it is a great zoning tool and keeps people out.
---
We do what we must.................
#28LanceDrakePosted 12/3/2012 10:04:35 AM
From: Lucarioaura22 | #027
LanceDrake posted...
From: Kindertotenwald | #024
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Ive noticed that Jak mainers will always say that Jak is good if you stay in the air

Which further proves that Jak is a bad character, since 80% of the time they're in their air, it's because they're using the hoverboard (with the other 20% being the down circle and the spin attack)


Whats your point? Its what he is good at, ment to be played.


The problem is, he has all these versatile guns, but Jak mains like myself barely use them and only use his decent weapons since that's the only way to gain AP fast enough, and when your moveset is limited, you become very predictable.


As a Jak main, I can tell you that even though he has many gun options, they don't pay off and gain very little AP. His gravity/mass, arc lighting/neutral triangle and down triangle just leave you open. The best thing is to forward triangle, hoverboard and concussion wave. While fighting melee characters (especially forward square kratos') use the needle lazer because it is a great zoning tool and keeps people out.


Yep, this is exactly what I do. Melee options, blaster, conccussor. Occassionally throw out the needle lazer, peace maker, and gyro burster where applicable, but they're only for hitting opponents, since they give Jak...well, jack for AP gains. Beam reflexor and mass inverter I simply do not use. I've seen Arc Wielder used well, but it leaves you VERY open.
---
Alt account of NDgamer1122
Soon to be my main once I have enough Karma >.>
#29RagirothPosted 12/3/2012 10:10:31 AM
I think he just needs better AP gain. I feel like I'm hitting someone a zillion times and he's still in the same level.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#30hajile12Posted 12/3/2012 10:13:07 AM
I main Jak
lvl 999 with him and he is my avorite character on the game. he is not cheap and is all around fun to play with.

I make a really good 2v2 partner as well.

I get my Level 3 any time i want it.

I still have a lot to learn but my jak is pretty good.
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I