After playing a whole weekend with Jak... I feel sorry for whoever mains him

#31RogueDarkPosted 12/3/2012 10:16:49 AM
Jack isn't that bad, you just have to play him a very specific way.

I would say his level 2 is underrated in FFA, with all the combo characters out there it's not that hard to pick up 2-3 kills a super with it.
---
Dream team for USA Canada cup 2012 Justin Wong, Wolfkrone, Alex V, Mike Ross and PR Rog.
#32shadowjericPosted 12/3/2012 10:26:41 AM
TC I'm under the impression you were playing Jak wrong. You should 1v1 some of the Jak mains around here then make a decision. Also kill limit 1v1 is the same as stock.
---
Call me Jeric. pokemon white 2 fc: 0519 5086 7298 gamertag: shadowjeric psn:shadowjeric
#33Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 10:36:43 AM
Ragiroth posted...
I think he just needs better AP gain. I feel like I'm hitting someone a zillion times and he's still in the same level.

THIS

this is the real problem he gets no AP, no matter how much you hit enemies
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#34hajile12Posted 12/3/2012 10:41:43 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
Ragiroth posted...
I think he just needs better AP gain. I feel like I'm hitting someone a zillion times and he's still in the same level.

THIS

this is the real problem he gets no AP, no matter how much you hit enemies

If Jak got an AP gain he would be too good, and then everybody would main him. The way he is now is pretty much perfect.

The only buff that i feel would be ok is his Up Circle (mass inverter) move. They should either speed it up so it could be useful or allow it to combo into his level one and remain slow.
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#35KingKeyKeyKeyPosted 12/3/2012 10:45:26 AM
His level 3 needs to last longer. It feels shorter to me compared to other transformation supers. They seriously need to give his level 1 some horizontal range, and his level 2 either needs a wider AoE or faster start up. His supers are holding him back.
#36lucapitPosted 12/3/2012 10:46:37 AM
Jak is a strong character...you just dont know how to use him. Just stick to the noob friendly characters...like kratos and raiden. Maybe you will make a topic about how good you are in the game.....
---
"A penny saved is a penny earned".. (brawl code:0302 4058 6830).....( pokemon black:4555 9527 2461) PSN-
mang-ekoo Pokemon platinum (1893 8653 6911)
#37hajile12Posted 12/3/2012 10:49:58 AM
lucapit posted...
Jak is a strong character...you just dont know how to use him. Just stick to the noob friendly characters...like kratos and raiden. Maybe you will make a topic about how good you are in the game.....

I agree about Jak being a strong character. But no need to mean mean .
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#38lucapitPosted 12/3/2012 10:57:17 AM
Yeah that was mean. Go on youtube and type in "how to use jak in playstation allstars". There will be a IGN video review about him. The first thing the reviewer will say "jak is the hardest character to use in the game". Not everyone can master him so they stick to the noob friendly characters...
---
"A penny saved is a penny earned".. (brawl code:0302 4058 6830).....( pokemon black:4555 9527 2461) PSN-
mang-ekoo Pokemon platinum (1893 8653 6911)
#39hajile12Posted 12/3/2012 10:58:45 AM
lucapit posted...
Yeah that was mean. Go on youtube and type in "how to use jak in playstation allstars". There will be a IGN video review about him. The first thing the reviewer will say "jak is the hardest character to use in the game". Not everyone can master him so they stick to the noob friendly characters...

I always thought that Sir daniel, Toro, and Jak were the hardest to use characters. Jak is not alone in that category.
---
#40SSJRajangPosted 12/3/2012 10:59:50 AM
lucapit posted...

No. The only thing jak has going for him is his down circle, YOU WILL NOT HIT HIS LEVEL 1 ON ANYONE DECENT. Terrible startup, telegraphed, piss poor range, atleast you can AIM dans lvl 1, and even then its hard to hit with. Most of jaks melee attacks leave him in the longest vulnerability frames ive seen. Hes just a bad character designed poorly..they could have had AN INCREDIBLE MOVESET for him, dark jak and light jak etc but they decide to just use them as supers, and give him his stupid guns that are almost useless?
---
Amusement Crime