Is this supposed to be a fighter or a party brawler?

#1XeedragonPosted 12/3/2012 5:39:46 PM
Whenever people make valid points against Playstation Allstars fanboys yell "It's a party brawler!" and then yell "It's a fighter!" in the next thread. So what the heck is it? It isn't as balanced as a fighter, it doesn't have as good a story mode as a party brawler, and it has a worse roster than both.
#2JayXZPosted 12/3/2012 5:40:33 PM
Both; it's somewhere in the middle.
#3Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:43:33 PM
JayXZ posted...

That explains why it's so unbalanced, even Dante, Virgil, and Wesker in UMVC 3 were less cheaper than Kratos and Raiden.
#4rumbalumbaPosted 12/3/2012 5:44:50 PM
JayXZ posted...

that's why it's a fail. and i agree with that point made by the Gametrailers guy. it's a fighting game in mechanics, but outside of it (4-player FFA, platformed stages, items, etc.) all scream party brawler.
#5flame030191Posted 12/3/2012 5:44:56 PM
Xeedragon posted...
JayXZ posted...

That explains why it's so unbalanced, even Dante, Virgil, and Wesker in UMVC 3 were less cheaper than Kratos and Raiden.

Learn to block or counter. It's not hard, as these two characters are very predictable in how they are played.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#6mariofilho12Posted 12/3/2012 5:45:22 PM
Xeedragon posted...
JayXZ posted...

Dante in UMVC 3

You're not very good at UMVC3, huh?
You may even have a case for wesker, but he's more of a case of an easy to learn above average character
But dante? Seriously? I haven't seen anyone complain about dante since vanilla MVC3
---
This guy is a jerk : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
#7flame030191Posted 12/3/2012 5:46:05 PM
rumbalumba posted...
JayXZ posted...

that's why it's a fail. and i agree with that point made by the Gametrailers guy. it's a fighting game in mechanics, but outside of it (4-player FFA, platformed stages, items, etc.) all scream party brawler.

Yet he still gave it a positive 7.25 review, stating a good game.

How would that be fail?
---
#8Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:50:57 PM
mariofilho12 posted...
Xeedragon posted...
JayXZ posted...

Dante in UMVC 3

You're not very good at UMVC3, huh?
You may even have a case for wesker, but he's more of a case of an easy to learn above average character
But dante? Seriously? I haven't seen anyone complain about dante since vanilla MVC3

He's actually pretty good. Since he and the other two I mentioned play similarly you get better at all three playing one. I literally mastered Wesker playing as Virgil for 70% of the time.
#9Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:52:06 PM
flame030191 posted...
Xeedragon posted...
JayXZ posted...

Learn to block or counter. It's not hard, as these two characters are very predictable in how they are played.

It's not as if that makes them any less cheap. You could say that for any game, even Superman 64 and Ninja Gaiden.
#10flame030191Posted 12/3/2012 5:58:57 PM
Xeedragon posted...
flame030191 posted...
Xeedragon posted...
JayXZ posted...

It's not as if that makes them any less cheap. You could say that for any game, even Superman 64 and Ninja Gaiden.

But its not cheap. It's predictable and easy to counter. I know, as I'm a Kratos player and have had my ass handed to me on a silver platter many times simply because he is easy as mess to counter.
---